Godly advice please πŸ™πŸ’™

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 27, 2023
Hello, I'm 26 years old and I'm a sister in Christ if that's important to know, lol. I've always been isolated or somewhat isolated, I want friends and I want to be apart of a church family. I don't know how to be apart of a church near me because Of the many fears in my mind ( safety environment, transportation, capabilities,..etc.) I try talking to people online but things always seem to turn or get to a point where I feel its unhealthy, I ended friendship and pause relationships based on the fact that I don't have Christian accountability.. But I can't seem to get my self into a church because of all my brokenness and what feels like are disabilities. I've been trying to go to therapy but I seem to be getting delayed on the doctor's end. All the things I feel I have to do, with all the things I don't have start to overwhelmed me where I don't do anything. This makes me feel like I'm negative things I know I shouldn't mention.. I've been stuck like this for a long while so this is my attempt of seeking Council or some form of feedback. Thank you πŸ™πŸ’™

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Hello, I'm 26 years old and I'm a sister in Christ if that's important to know, lol. I've always been isolated or somewhat isolated, I want friends and I want to be apart of a church family. I don't know how to be apart of a church near me because Of the many fears in my mind ( safety environment, transportation, capabilities,..etc.) I try talking to people online but things always seem to turn or get to a point where I feel its unhealthy, I ended friendship and pause relationships based on the fact that I don't have Christian accountability.. But I can't seem to get my self into a church because of all my brokenness and what feels like are disabilities. I've been trying to go to therapy but I seem to be getting delayed on the doctor's end. All the things I feel I have to do, with all the things I don't have start to overwhelmed me where I don't do anything. This makes me feel like I'm negative things I know I shouldn't mention.. I've been stuck like this for a long while so this is my attempt of seeking Council or some form of feedback. Thank you πŸ™πŸ’™
Hello, you have come to the right place.

Love, Walter

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome to CC, sister Rebecca! :)(y):coffee:
I'm a hermit on a hill, so I'm pretty isolated too. I want to be one of your friends and I want to welcome you to our family here at CC. There are a few troublemakers here, but fortunately they are easy to spot from a distance. :sneaky:
My favorite doctor is Dr. God. He seems to know what he is doing, and He is very affordable. He likes to work with hermits and other isolated folk.
I know how it feels to be overwhelmed. Let's pray for each other.

God bless you, dear sister.

Feb 27, 2023
I'm a hermit on a hill, so I'm pretty isolated too. I want to be one of your friends and I want to welcome you to our family here at CC. There are a few troublemakers here, but fortunately they are easy to spot from a distance. :sneaky:
My favorite doctor is Dr. God. He seems to know what he is doing, and He is very affordable. He likes to work with hermits and other isolated folk.

That was so sweet, thank you so much, that actually really touched me

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I don't know how to be apart of a church near me because of the many fears in my mind
Hello sister and Welcome to CC. Here is my response to your post, and you may not like it all that much.

1. Unless a person knows more about you through a face-to-face meeting, it would be risky to give you any sound advice. Advice from the internet would not even be fair.

2. You need to find someone in your town or city with whom you can open up. I'm not sure what is your relationship with your parents, whether they are still around or not, etc. But having a heart-to-heart conversation with someone you know personally and trust would be the best thing, provided that person is a mature Christian.

3. Since you have a rather negative image of yourself, you should sit down with a friend or family member who knows you well. Then take a pad and pen and draw two columns. The heading of the first column should be "POSITIVES" and the heading of the second column should be "NEGATIVES". Then make an honest list on either side with the help of that person. It is easier for someone else to assess your strengths and weaknesses. Once you know the negatives, draw a line through them and write above that line "Enough of this".

4. You also seem to be a fearful person, but God tells us over and over again "FEAR NOT". So are you prepared to believe God and put aside all your fears? Just take your Bible and Strong's Concordance and do a search for "fear not" (in the KJB). Then highlight each time you see it in your Bible, and settle the matter in your heart. Fear is the opposite of faith.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Psalm 34:18 ESV
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Made of ashes reminds me of the Biblical stage of repentance. From ashes comes new life. You may feel crushed and brokenhearted but remember the Lord is always near you. The only thing that creates perceived distance is by our own distractions.

You speak of disabilities, brokeness, isolation, feeling overwhelmed and negative things which could be symptoms of depression.

See what the doctor says but more so a therapist. Be careful with how they dish out meds. Do your research and try to work through this med free if possible. The side-effects can be worse. I'm no doctor but I have seen what damage these meds can do with my father.

Eventually, you will have to push yourself to get connected in a church and face the fears. Even if you start out once a month or twice a month. Start somewhere to introduce and prepare your brain.

Made of ashes simply means you are at the end of the trial by fire and now on the road to recovery. This transition will be difficult but so rewarding as now you must relearn how to live. All the brokeness was death and the isolation as your prison.

You are reborn as a child of God and only need reminding to step out of that prison. The lock has been destroyed. Your shackles thrown off. Your dirty garments made white as show. Your free to walk in the newness of life.

You have wallowed in the ashes for too long. Maybe in repentance that has been trapped in guilt, shame and condemnation. Or from past hurts done to you by others and you instead let it fester inside until it burned you from the inside out. I don't know, only you will know.

But I'm just reminding you of the freedom we have in Christ. There is now no condemnation. No guilt or shame but a loving relationship filled with grace, forgiveness, and mercy. Remember that, feel that, and live that.

Be at peace. God bless.

Feb 27, 2023
πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“ this was too encouraging! Thank you, I appreciate your generosity and your intentionality in your kind word. I'll read it more than once thank you for the Scripture as as well.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Psalms 34:18
β€œThe LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”

Our best days are yet to come. Our current problems are temporary - even only momentary in the vastness of eternity with our loving Father. Take joy in the fact that you are greatly loved. :)(y)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
He gave me beauty for ashes

Hi there. :) I sure hope you get sorted out. sounds like you need just one or two friends, take your time, you've been in this situ a long time . God always has a way, it's finding that way. That's when doors fling open.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

:devilish: troublemaker? me? :giggle:

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Hello, I'm 26 years old and I'm a sister in Christ if that's important to know,
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat. I will pray for you.
Hope these 'links' will be helpful on your journey, always staying with
The Scriptures *:

2Ti 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

GRACE Word for our infirmities

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings

* Romans - Philemon (KJB) = God's GRACE/PEACE Love Letters Directly To us
Today, For: Consolation, Comfort, Edification, Enjoyment, Encouragement,
And spiritual Building UP of All of the BLOOD-Washed members ( saints! )
The Body Of CHRIST!, HIS Church, In Seated In Heaven!

(Start here, but remember: "All Scripture Is Profitable For learning!" )
Amen?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
May the Comforter bless you with peace and joy. I will pray for direction to a good church where you can find good sound teaching.

Feb 27, 2023
πŸ™ I've been convicted, to get out my comfort zone make another attempt to join a church home and serve, in the city that I am at. I am grateful for all the encouragement, scriptures, and Godly Council, πŸ’God bless you all. I understand others may need this same advice or encouragement so if you feel lead to comment, please do, although I will no longer be watchful of this post.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
πŸ™ I've been convicted, to get out my comfort zone make another attempt to join a church home and serve, in the city that I am at. I am grateful for all the encouragement, scriptures, and Godly Council, πŸ’God bless you all. I understand others may need this same advice or encouragement so if you feel lead to comment, please do, although I will no longer be watchful of this post.
Before you go, I hope you will take a few minutes to consider this blessing. (Link below)
The Best News to Brighten Your Life!

Have a great day
β˜•πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I don't want you to get the wrong idea that anyone thinks you should not fellowship online here at the CC.
Your first opening comment was for your desire to get established in a local church. That's a great idea to find a good one. I pray that you will be led in the right direction and find what you need. You are welcome here as well.