GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2017
(Col_2:16-17) So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

a. So let no one judge you: The opening “so” is important. It connects this thought with the previous thought. Because Jesus won such a glorious victory on the cross, we are to let no one judge you in food or in drink or in other matters related to legalism. A life that is centred on Jesus and what He did on the cross has no place for legalism.

i. “It would be preposterous indeed for those who had reaped the benefit of Christ’s victory to put themselves voluntarily under the control of the powers which he had conquered.” (Bruce)

b. Food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come: The Old Testament law had certain provisions that are done away with in Jesus, regarding such things as food and sabbaths. It isn’t that those laws were bad, simply that they were a shadow of things to come. Once the substance - Jesus Christ - has come, we don’t need to shadow any more.<br>

i. The point is clear: days and foods, as observed under the Mosaic Law, are not binding upon New Covenant people. The shadow has passed, the reality has come. So for the Christian, all foods are pure (1Ti_4:4-5) and all days belong to God.

ii. Christians are therefore free to keep a kosher diet or to observe the sabbath if they please. There is nothing wrong with those things. However, they cannot think that eating kosher or sabbath observance makes them any closer to God, and they cannot judge another brother or sister who does not observe such laws.<br>(David Guzik)
PART 1/2

Hello PS,

Your website teaching above is from the farther of lies and teaches to break Gods' commandments. The post above leaves out CONTEXT and the OLD testament to which the COL 2 is referring to.

The post above does not understand the OLD COVENANT or what it is or how it relates to the NEW COVENANT scriptures.

Let's look at the subject matter from OLD and NEW as well as the CONTEXT and subject matter from God’s WORD.

COL 2:14-17
COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAY(S) <plural>

The above scripture is used by the “many” to distance themselves from Gods sabbath day. But what is Col.2{16} really talking about. Let scripture interpret scripture.

(1) CONTEXT
of COL 2:16 is v14. is talking about the Mosaic laws for remission of sin that were shadows pointing to Jesus; not the ten commandments of God’s Law. Nowhere are the 10 commandments mentioned in Col chapter 2.

v11-13 Shadows of Mosaic laws of circumcision of the new heart in Christ

, BLOTTING OUT < G1813 ἐξαλείφωexaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase>the HANDWRITING < G5498 χειρόγραφονcheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), i.e. a manuscript specially, a legal document > of ORDINANCES < G1378 δόγμαdogma (d̮og'-ma) n. meansordinance;civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical laws>that was against us, WHICH WERE AGAINST US, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

v14
reads the handwriting of the ordinances that were against us; God’s LAW written on stone (10 Commandments) are not the handwriting of the ordinances written in the book that were against us.

The ORDINANCES referred to here are those written in the Mosaic book of the law that were against us. Not all the book of the law was against us. Those laws that pertained to righteousness were not against us. God’s LAW (10 Commandments) let us know what SIN was if we disobeyed them.
The Ten Commandments are not against us only the statutes and judgement in the Book of the Law in relation to when we sin were (the judgements and penalty for sin the curses for sin).

DEUT 31 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUT 30 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

CONTEXT of the 2:16-17
is the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL AND ECCLESIASTIC laws contained in ORDINANCES that were against us. This is referring to the penalty for SIN as well as the fulfillment of the Mosaic laws for remission of sin that all pointed to Jesus (shadow laws). Together these were fulfilled in Christ and nailed to the cross.

MATT 27 [50], Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. [51], And, behold, the VEIL OF THE TEMPLE WAS RENT IN TWO FROM TOP TO BOTTOM; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

ISAIAH 1
[10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your new moons and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

HEBREWS 10 [7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. [8] Above when he said, SACRIFICE AND OFFERING AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERING FOR SIN THOU WOULDEST NOT, NEITHER HADST PLEASURE THEREIN; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW; [9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND. [10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. [11] And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: [12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 10 explains exactly what Isaiah 1 was speaking about. He takes away the 1st covenant {the meat and drink offerings} and established the 2nd covenant {the body of Christ}

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCESof divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings

HEBREWS 10 [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

EPHESIANS 2 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

HEBREWS 13 [9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE; NOT WITH MEATS, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For THE BODIES OF THOSE BEASTS, WHOSE BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. [12] WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO, THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD, suffered without the gate.

HEBREWS 8 [2] A MINISTER OF THE SANCTUARY, AND OF THE TRUE TABERNACLE, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED AND NOT MAN. [3] For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. [4] For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: [5] WHO SERVES AS AN EXAMPLE AND SHADOW OF THE HEAVENLY THINGS, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. [6] But now hath HE HAS OBTAINED A MORE EXCELLENT MINISTRY, by how much also he is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, WHICH WAS ESTABLISHED ON BETTER PROMISES. [7] For if that FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS, THEN NO PLACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOUGHT FOR A SECOND. [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITHE THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
Part 2/2

(2) SUBJECT MATTER of COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAY(S) <plural>

Compare Col 2:16 with the annual Jewish festivals from the Mosaic laws for remission of sin...

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

All CONTEXT and points 1-4 match perfectly.
Here is a scripture, same exact order as Col.2 [16], MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, FEASTS, NEW MOON, and in the SABBATHS.
No doubt what so ever these 2 scriptures are speaking of the same thing. See how that on those days there was a sin offering made. The blood of Christ is now that offering. Col.2 and Zeke 45 are simply speaking of the meat and drink offerings which were written in the law contained within the ORDINANCES which were to take place on Gods holy days, new moons and His sabbath days.

HEBREWS 13
[9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE; NOT WITH MEATS, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For THE BODIES OF THOSE BEASTS, WHOSE BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. [12] WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO, THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD, suffered without the gate.

But now we are no longer under the law of Moses concerning the meat and drink offerings of Gods holy days, new moons and the sabbaths. Jesus fulfilled the law. We are now under grace.

JOHN 6 [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

When we let scripture interpret scripture its very clear what Col.2 is speaking about. The meat and drink offerings of those days are no longer to be kept.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Theres the meat and drink offerings for the sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of.

EZEKIEL 46 [6] And in the day of the NEW MOON it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish. [7] And he shall prepare a MEAT OFFERING, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

The meat offering for the new moon that was spoken of in Col.2 [16].

LEVITICUS 23 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

In all the feast days (holy days) meat and drink offerings were written into the laws of commandments contained in the ordinances. The above scripture points out the holy day of passover when Jesus was crucified.

HEBREWS 9
[1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The first covenant had ORDINANCES which stood ONLY in meat and drink offerings which were a figure. A shadow

EPH.2 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

EZEKIEL 46 [14] And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a MEAT OFFERING continually by a perpetual ORDINANCE unto the LORD.

HEBREWS 10 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. [3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

Hebrews 10 says it all. The shadow of the law was the offerings (the meat and drink offerings).

NUMBERS 19 [2] This is the ORDINANCE OF THE LAW which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

JOHN 6 [55] For my flesh is MEAT indeed, and my blood is DRINK indeed.

NUMBERS 18 [8] And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, BY AN ORDINANCE for ever.[9] This shall be thine of the most holy things, reserved from the fire: EVERY OBLATION of theirs, EVERY MEAT OFFERING of theirs, and EVERY SIN OFFERING of theirs, and every trespass offering of theirs, which they shall render unto me, shall be most holy for thee and for thy sons.

Above scripture confirms that the offerings are also called oblations

ISAIAH 1 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your new moons and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Bring no more vain oblations in the new moons and the sabbath and feast days. WHY? Because Jesus nailed these offerings (oblations) to the cross.

HEBREWS 10 [7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. [8] Above when he said, SACRIFICE AND OFFERING AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERING FOR SIN THOU WOULDEST NOT, NEITHER HADST PLEASURE THEREIN; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW; [9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND. [10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. [11] And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: [12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 10 explains exactly what Isaiah 1 was speaking about. He takes away the 1st covenant {the meat and drink offerings} and established the 2nd covenant {the body of Christ}

The new covenant is all about the blood of Christ. Not changing the law....but fulfilling the law

ZECHARIAH 9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definitely prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And there is the 2nd

MATTHEW 5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law and to END the Mosaic law for remission of SIN and the penalty of SIN in those who BELIEVE. NO MORE Ceremonial/Levitical/Sacrificial laws and animal sacrifices.

MORE SCRIPTURE CLICK ME?

SIN is the transgression or breaking of God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

God's Sheep hear his Voice.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
Really? Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. How does that equate to the Sabbath day is binding on the Church under the New Covenant? Where is the Church commanded to keep the Sabbath day holy under the New Covenant?
Please refer to post # 6155 and posts # 6161 and post # 6162 (all linked)

If you disagree with all the scriptures in these posts that disagree with your interpretation of God's Word please respond to all the scriptures that disagree with you.

If you cannot you should BELIEVE and FOLLOW the Word of God. UNBELIEVERS have no part in God's KINGDOM.

SIN is the transgression or breaking of God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Nope try reading it slowly.

We are not saved by what we do.

The scriptures teach we need to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior to save us from our sins through as we BELIEVE God's WORD.

God saves you as you have FAITH in his WORD. You cannot save yourself.
but we will be unsaved if we do the wrong thing

is the idea presented

Jun 5, 2017
but we will be unsaved if we do the wrong thing
1John 2:1
My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12).

If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
1John 2:1
My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12).

If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

since we will be unsaved if we do the wrong thing

then in order to stay saved we must not Do the wrong thing, that is to say, we must follow the written law

is the idea presented

Jun 5, 2017

then in order to stay saved we must not Do the wrong thing, that is to say, we must follow the written law

is the idea presented
Nope we must BELIEVE the written WORD and FOLLOW it by FAITH you cannot save yourself you need a Saviour.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Nope we must BELIEVE the written WORD and FOLLOW it by FAITH you cannot save yourself you need a Saviour.
in order to stay saved we must follow the written law by faith

is the idea presented

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
In OT God command Jews to rest and God make a regulation how to rest and the penalty.

in NT we know that the only real rest is in Jesus and God make regulation how to get rest

come to Me ye who labour and heavy laden I will give you a rest

so the regulation is come to Jesus, or follow Jesus teaching.

Do do we only follow Him once a week, and the rest of the day follow Lucifer?

we have to come or follow His teaching

remember the rule is come to Him and He give a rest

because we always with Him, so we always have a rest, why bother observe sabbath on Saturday, The rest giver/Jesus promise to give a rest or sabbath every time we come to Him.

to me come to Him mean follow His teaching

Jun 5, 2017
In OT God command Jews to rest and God make a regulation how to rest and the penalty.
in NT we know that the only real rest is in Jesus and God make regulation how to get rest come to Me ye who labour and heavy laden I will give you a rest so the regulation is come to Jesus, or follow Jesus teaching. Do do we only follow Him once a week, and the rest of the day follow Lucifer? we have to come or follow His teaching remember the rule is come to Him and He give a rest because we always with Him, so we always have a rest, why bother observe sabbath on Saturday, The rest giver/Jesus promise to give a rest or sabbath every time we come to Him.
to me come to Him mean follow His teaching

1 John 2
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

You do not enter God's rest by breaking His Commandments (Hebrews 3-4).

If you say you are following God's while sinning against him you are lying.

Last edited:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

1 John 2
4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If you say you are following God's while sinning against him you are lying.

Matthew 11:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
As soon as you come to Jesus you have rest.

say on Monday you come to Jesus, do you have to wait till Saturday to get rest?

Show me the verse where Jesus say, come to me and every Saturday I give you rest.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

1 John 2

These are God's commandments that Jesus updated, about which he said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (Joh 14:15)

Saturday Sabbath is abolished.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

is the idea presented
The Decalogue and that in the Book of the Law which pertains to what righteousness is; is written in our hearts,minds and mouths that we do it through GOD.

For GOD has said, For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (our old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD)

But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins) (Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Because worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (the old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD) Behold old things have passed away all things have become new and are of GOD!

The LORD our GOD has circumcise our hearts; the circumcision made without hands through HIS Spirit. For it is HE that works in us to will and do HIS good pleasure. Not that our sufficiency is of ourselves but our sufficiency is of GOD. Not us but Christ! For we are dead nevertheless we live yet not us but Christ liveth in us and the life we now live we live by the Faith of the Son of God who gave Himself for us. For the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word; the Book of the Law) down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the Word; the Book of the Law) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The Word (Christ; the Book of the Law) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.

Written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart
. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of GOD;(2Co 3:4-5 KJV)

Now where remission (a ceasing of through the purging) of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness (Because HE has perfected forever them that are sanctified)We enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience (the old man of sin), and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (For GOD has said, "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Because worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (the old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD) Behold old things have passed away all things have become new and are of GOD!")(for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,(Heb 10:1-26 KJV)

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

Saturday Sabbath is abolished.
Not true.

Heb 4:10: For he that is entered into his rest [received the Gospel], he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

Because of receiving the Gospel we cease from our own works as GOD did from His. "As is" is a direct comparison. So with that you must ask yourself how and when did God cease from his own works?
The answer to that is recorded in Gen 2.... on the Seventh Day, And God did rest from all His work on the seventh day (see Hebrews Verse 4 and Genesis Chapter 2:1-3).
God Is a Spiritual Being he is always in the state of Spiritual Rest. HE did not enter into the Rest of the GOSPEL. On the Seventh Day, the Sabbath he ceased from the physical labor of creation. And this is recorded in Genesis 2.

Therefore they that have received the Gospel Rest, cease from their own physical work as God did from His physical work on the 7th day Sabbath. And this is, was and will continue to be done on the Seventh day of the week.

Last edited:

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
mailmandan,
re: "Really?"

Yes, really. You said that keeping the Sabbath holy is not binding on the Church and reference Colossians 2:16-17 as support for that assertion. So again, where does Colossians 2:16-17 say that the Sabbath is not binding on the Church?

re: "How does that [Colossians 2:16-17] equate to the Sabbath day is binding on the Church under the New Covenant?"

It doesn't. Nor does it equate to the Sabbath day not being binding on the Church under the New Covenant. Unless you can show how it does, you're going to have to drop Colossians 2:16-17 from your bag of scriptural supports for trying to do away with the supreme being's Sabbath.

Last edited:

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
Jackson123,
re: "say on Monday you come to Jesus, do you have to wait till Saturday to get rest?"

To what kind of rest are you referring?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Nope not at all. We must look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
this idea is wrong: in order to stay saved we must follow the written law by faith

this idea is correct: in order to stay saved we must look to Jesus*

is what's being presented

posted from my phone, blessings!

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
The Decalogue and that in the Book of the Law which pertains to what righteousness is; is written in our hearts,minds and mouths that we do it through GOD.

For GOD has said, For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (our old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD)

But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins) (Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Because worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (the old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD) Behold old things have passed away all things have become new and are of GOD!

The LORD our GOD has circumcise our hearts; the circumcision made without hands through HIS Spirit. For it is HE that works in us to will and do HIS good pleasure. Not that our sufficiency is of ourselves but our sufficiency is of GOD. Not us but Christ! For we are dead nevertheless we live yet not us but Christ liveth in us and the life we now live we live by the Faith of the Son of God who gave Himself for us. For the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word; the Book of the Law) down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the Word; the Book of the Law) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The Word (Christ; the Book of the Law) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.

Written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart
. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of GOD;(2Co 3:4-5 KJV)

Now where remission (a ceasing of through the purging) of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness (Because HE has perfected forever them that are sanctified)We enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience (the old man of sin), and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (For GOD has said, "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (Because worshippers once purged (when he had by himself purged our sins) should have had no more conscience (the old man) of sins. (to serve the LIVING GOD) Behold old things have passed away all things have become new and are of GOD!")(for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,(Heb 10:1-26 KJV)
is that which is written in our hearts, minds and mouths also written on paper?