Good people?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Megooo47

This world seems to have less and less good people..
especially teenagers.

Are there any left?

B

BeauBLESSED

Trust me, I ask myself this most of the time! ^^;
Maybe you are thinking a bit too critically in the matter. There are still a lot of nice people left in the world; sometimes it's just a matter of looking for them.

But you're absolutely right. In this day and age a lot of bad morals are getting tossed around a lot, and a lot of people are affected by how those around them act.
All we can do is pray that God will come before everyone and show them the error of their ways. It should only be a matter of time! ;)

M

Megooo47

Yeah you're right..
It just seems like nobody cares anymore.
It's hard to find a good Christian person.

But thanks :)

B

BeauBLESSED

That's a problem that I find most frequent!
It seems like even the Christian teens are a bit corrupt... I know a Christian girl who used to be so good, but then she started packing on the makeup and taking party pills... ughhh. :(

Thankfully I have made a few friends at my church.

M

Megooo47

Yeah I know what you mean..
I know a lot of people who used to be good but now they are so far from it.

It just really bothers me because there are so many teens at my church who are there for all the wrong reasons. Mainly just to socialize...

B

BeauBLESSED

Some of the kids you'd see at the Friday night youth groups at my church are just insane!
They don't attend the Sunday service, and I respect them for that, but most of them are rather violent, and have no problem with stealing something if they want it. =S

T

tryingtofindhim

especially teenagers.

Are there any left?
Nope there is none good, no not one! somewhere in the bible

V

Vidy

"It just really bothers me because there are so many teens at my church who are there for all the wrong reasons. Mainly just to socialize..."

If you really think about it, that IS the reason for church. It is partly to listen to teaching about God's word, but a large part of it is also talking with God's people, and taking a break from worldly things ^_^ Heck, even some of the worst people at least RESPECT church enough to act decent =P

It's not "To worship God." You do that anyway, no matter where you are ~_o

T

tryingtofindhim

"It just really bothers me because there are so many teens at my church who are there for all the wrong reasons. Mainly just to socialize..."

If you really think about it, that IS the reason for church. It is partly to listen to teaching about God's word, but a large part of it is also talking with God's people, and taking a break from worldly things ^_^ Heck, even some of the worst people at least RESPECT church enough to act decent =P

It's not "To worship God." You do that anyway, no matter where you are ~_o
So many teens are forced to go to church. heh.

B

BeauBLESSED

So many teens are forced to go to church. heh.
That's what my mum used to have to do with me, but then I started to listen to what the speakers were saying and I developed a greater respect for God.
Have you ever noticed that when you have friends at church, it becomes more interesting?

N

Nina_loves_Jesus

Well the church definitely has nothing to do with being a good or bad person. I use to have great friends at my church home until i left for a few years and came back to find out some of them had children(teen mom), doing drugs, being disrespectful to adults, or in jail. Its really sad actually.

M

Megooo47

I understand socializing is a part of church. That makes sense, but most of them i know are talking about what they did the night before. Partying, drugs, drinking, etc. It just reminds me of school, and that's not what church is all about. I could name, maybe, 4 teens in my whole youth group who are genuinely good people. That's all. The others are just pretenders who put on a good mask for the adults and the youth pastor.

M

Matthew

I understand socializing is a part of church. That makes sense, but most of them i know are talking about what they did the night before. Partying, drugs, drinking, etc. It just reminds me of school, and that's not what church is all about. I could name, maybe, 4 teens in my whole youth group who are genuinely good people. That's all. The others are just pretenders who put on a good mask for the adults and the youth pastor.
That's the problem I had when I was younger, I tried a couple of local churches and most of the young people were either there by obligation or they were pretending for whatever reason, because they had the wrong attitude it tainted the whole experience for me and eventually played a part in driving me away from church, and it's a long road back.

There are good people but they're in disguise, there's nothing anyone can say to prove it, but consider that if you're a good person then it's unlikely you're the only one, but sadly we are now the minority.

M

Megooo47

That's the problem I had when I was younger, I tried a couple of local churches and most of the young people were either there by obligation or they were pretending for whatever reason, because they had the wrong attitude it tainted the whole experience for me and eventually played a part in driving me away from church, and it's a long road back.

There are good people but they're in disguise, there's nothing anyone can say to prove it, but consider that if you're a good person then it's unlikely you're the only one, but sadly we are now the minority.
Yeah that makes sense. I just don't really like going to the church anymore (not because I don't love God or anything). My church youth group used to be small because we didn't have a permanent youth pastor, but we have one now so its grown a lot. As a result we now have so many teens who make terrible choices and don't actually seem like Christians at all. It just gets really discouraging knowing the one place where you're supposed to be able to go to get away from the world, is turning into the world.

Oct 13, 2009
especially teenagers.

Are there any left?
Your statement is defeatist, pessimistic,misanthropic, and not to mention too far off and vague to even have a real point.

P

portert100

From our perspetive, it may seem that the world has less and less good people, but this idea is not where we have to draw conclusions. I know that God's view is higher than my own; he sees with eyes of destiny. Going to youth group, I didn't like being one of the few sensible ones- it was just like school! But I realised that this might be the only place where these people will ever here the word, will ever experience God. Where are the sinners that God wants to be reconciled with? If church is where everyone is "good", we have a problem. Jesus went out and spent time among "bad" people,and as a result, their lives were transformed. When Jesus touched the leper, Jesus did not become like the leper, but the leper became like Jesus. Less and less good people doesn't mean less and less of God-he is mighty to save. But as we trust in him he will let us know what's up. We see the multitude of bad people; God sees his children yet to come.

F

freeman4

Good teens:

Hello in Christ:

I believe the problem is moat teens are going to Church because of peer pressure. They are raised in a Church and they are forced to go to Church or they go because they feel they have to because of their parents.I believe if they had a choice they would not attend . I believe that one has to reach the age of countability, when ever that is, before God will and can call them to Him. Until then they are just teenagers.

M

morgan2294

Re: Good teens:

. I believe that one has to reach the age of countability, when ever that is, before God will and can call them to Him. Until then they are just teenagers.
Yeah, but I don't think you have to be an adult before you have a strong faith.
But you're right, God does call people at different points in their life

but I do wish they were more good Christian teens. One reason I think it's important is we're called to have fellowship. And it's really hard for us when we've got practically NOBODY our age who actually lives for God.

E

Elizzabeth

These days it isn't "cool" to be a good, moral person but I think that if you look hard enough there is some good in everyone. There are so many pressures on young people to be accepted that we often pretend to be something that we aren't just to fit in- I know I sure used to- but in time I came to realise that there are more important things in life. I stopped following the crowd and started following God. Just have to hope that other teens can do the same because sure you do only live once- but why not live right?

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
You are absolutely right!!! Although NONE of us are good enough for God, most people don't even try anymore. No morals. Its not just teenagers either people in their 20s arnt much better.

That is why I came to this website. I want to be surrounded by good people. :)

And btw
not only is it "not cool" to be a good person, its not cool to be smart. Girls like guys who are idiots. Well what I say to that is, enjoy....... I rather be an intellectual and alone than hang out with brain dead fools.

Last edited: