Grandbabies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
I am going to be a grandma for the first time in about 5 months.

I thought this would be a nice place to share for us grandparents, and soon to be.

I'm excited and unsure yet!! (I'm to young to be a granny)😏

What's it like to be a grandparent?

This thread is open to any and all grandbaby discussions.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I am happy for you ❤

I don't want to reveal this here on CC but I am a grandma already 😂 since i was 22 years old 😂 Nieces and Nephews Kids 😍 but i don't let them call me grandma 😉 They call me "Ate" which means "older sister" 😂 I love them all ❤

Feb 28, 2016
you are in great 'err' sweet,
you must put your 'ego' aside for your families sake -
because, you will eventually be 'found-out', and most likely be hated for what you have done...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
because, you will eventually be 'found-out', and most likely be hated for what you have done...
What in the world are you talking about?

Sweet is one of the most humble, loving people on this site.

Why is it that many of your posts bashing people never make any sense?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
wat?

any who, back to the OP, I'm not a grandparent lol. but like SMD, I've been an aunt since I was 13 yrs old. my parents always said one of the great things about being a grandparent is.... when the grandkids visit, and you've had your fill, they go back to their parents. lol! but then again, idk if grandparents ever have their fill with the grandkids. I'm glad my parents have a great relationship with each grandkid. the kids were always around :)

Spiral2

Jul 25, 2018
England
I am going to be a grandma for the first time in about 5 months.

I thought this would be a nice place to share for us grandparents, and soon to be.

I'm excited and unsure yet!! (I'm to young to be a granny)😏

What's it like to be a grandparent?

This thread is open to any and all grandbaby discussions.
Hello, I am a young Grandma at 48 to two two year old boys and a nearly one year old Grand daughter , all are so beautiful and special. I had to get used to the ' Grandma' name but honestly the love and bond I have with them is something very special. It is a different one from a mother bond. I can't explain. You will do anything for them and the love is instantly unconditional because they are part of your child, they are part of you . It is very strange and beautiful and great fun and you can hand them back when you get tired. Ha.
It has been difficult for me because I have two children of nearly teenage age myself and juggling being there to help and spending time as well as being there for my own children's needs and a full time job has been difficult but the bond between my young children and my Grandchildren is also very strong and unconditional. We just all fit together.
I lost my parents with in 18 months of each other and loosing them has been terrible. They were a great support. Now I see I have moved quite quickly, in a space of a few years, up the line to Granny position. There is no one above me in age. Where I have loss, I now have new members of the family to love. I still think I am young. Being called Grandma for the first time by my little Grandsons though was a very special, heart pounding moment. I am their Grandma, an important role in their little lives.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Seriously, where do you get this stuff? Your post here is utterly ridiculous. So Sweet will be hated just because she doesn't allow her nieces and nephews kids call her grandma? I don't see ANY ego in her post at all..

M

Miri

I think they may have misunderstood, I did too at first trying to work out how
someone aged 22 can be a grandma. Lol

I actually know someone who had a baby at age 14. She had an arrangement with her
mum that the baby would think real mum was big sister and grandma was mum etc.

Anyway back to the original thread. Im note a grandma so cant comment first hand but
I know a lot of grandmas who take an active interest in their grandchildren. Baby sitting,
picking up from school, sleep overs etc. They tell me it’s like having your own but you
can hand them back! Lol

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I am happy for you ❤

I don't want to reveal this here on CC but I am a grandma already 😂 since i was 22 years old 😂 Nieces and Nephews Kids 😍 but i don't let them call me grandma 😉 They call me "Ate" which means "older sister" 😂 I love them all ❤
SMD, if they are children of your nieces and nephews, that doesnt make you a grandma...it makes you a great aunt. You arent a grandma until your own children have children.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Pretty sure she already knows that. :) I called my oldest aunt "Grammy". Of course she was also 93. lol

Whether they call her auntie or grandma, really doesn't make much difference.

Feb 28, 2016
I am a 'child' of a 'breeder' - anyone here know what I'm talking about???
my 'grand-parents raised me and made me call them by their 'first names'
in every town that we kept moving to:

cults are 'real' and destroy lives on a very regular basis -
just 'read' and accept that our world is a hell-whole', and that the ONLY WAY
is Jesus Christ's way!!!

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
I'm going to put this as nice as I can. I started this Thread to share in my excitement of becoming a new grandmother. Talk about your grandbabies, being a grandparent, even great aunts is fine. but for those that who just want to dump and hate on folks. keep stepping. I am a Godly woman, that has no problem mimicking my Lord in calling you out as vipers and running you off. This is a joyful thread. If that is not in you Step off and move on!!!!!

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
SMD, if they are children of your nieces and nephews, that doesnt make you a grandma...it makes you a great aunt. You arent a grandma until your own children have children.
Here where we live, LH, great aunts and uncles are automatically lola and lolo (grandma and grandpa)=)). So i knew i was also a grandma when a niece first had a child.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I am a 'child' of a 'breeder' - anyone here know what I'm talking about???
my 'grand-parents raised me and made me call them by their 'first names'
in every town that we kept moving to:

cults are 'real' and destroy lives on a very regular basis -
just 'read' and accept that our world is a hell-whole', and that the ONLY WAY
is Jesus Christ's way!!!
Sorry, i may not be getting what u mean... and i know culturally we're so different. In my country, we hardly call elders by their first names. I knew for a long time that others call their parents, relatives or other guests by first name... but we often call kuya or ate (older bro or sis) as a sign of respect, or tito/tita for uncle or aunt=).

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016

Sorry Seoul I did not see the above post. Thank you for standing up for her.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Here where we live, LH, great aunts and uncles are automatically lola and lolo (grandma and grandpa)=)). So i knew i was also a grandma when a niece first had a child.
That's interesting. Great Aunts are grandparents? If you don't mind, may I ask your culture? I love learning and hearing about cultures other than mine. Please don,t feel obligated to answer. I also respect privacy. Thank you.

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Someone wrote a confusing seemingly hateful comment. This thread as talked about the most. Seoul and most others stepped up and defender her. I didnt see it till a few mins ago. Cell phones verse computers :( I think we have gotten it straightened out and can move on.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Someone wrote a confusing seemingly hateful comment. This thread as talked about the most. Seoul and most others stepped up and defender her. I didnt see it till a few mins ago. Cell phones verse computers :( I think we have gotten it straightened out and can move on.
Thank you for clarification, I love this site and the people on it. It just seems some people can find something negative about everything. I have always believed " If you cant say nothing nice don't say nothing at all"

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Thank you for clarification, I love this site and the people on it. It just seems some people can find something negative about everything. I have always believed " If you cant say nothing nice don't say nothing at all"
Agreed, I've enjoyed most of the folks I have visited with. Mostly a nice group of folks. I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with me, so long as they can be respectful about it. If one cant your right it is best they/we keep our mouths shut.

Besides, this is about Grand Babies. My bundle of joy is still growing in her/his momma's belly. I have been sent ultra sounds and pics. I am getting excited about meeting this little wee one. :D:giggle: