Harbor Freight Angle Grinder

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
IM sure ill get something for this but i love me some Ryobi lol the brushless impact i just got from them is a beast and puts out 2200 IP

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
seriously huckleberry? Fisher -price?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A wise sage, probably here, once told me they were the only company that maintained the same battery style.

M

Miri

I could do with getting some new hedge trimmers, something light but
with a long blade.

Anyone know any good makes?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I could do with getting some new hedge trimmers, something light but
with a long blade.

Anyone know any good makes?
Depends:. Are you looking for gas-powered, electric, or cordless?

M

Miri

Electric.

Cordless might work but depends on how long battery lasts.
Couldn't do with it running out with half a hedge done.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Popular Mechanics says the Stihl HSA 66 is very good, but it weighs 6.8 pounds. 36 volt lithium ion battery. If you don't mind the weight, this will get 'er done.

Last edited:
M

Miri

Popular Mechanics says the Stihl HSA 66 is very good, but it weighs 6.8 pounds. 36 volt lithium ion battery. If you don't mind the weight, this will get 'er done.
My current trimmer is 2.7 kgs around 5.7 pounds. No good with thicker branches though.

I also have some much heavier ones, for cutting through everything
but they are ancient and have seen better days.

Ive not heard of Stihl before but I looked them up and there is a Uk website.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Ive not heard of Stihl before but I looked them up and there is a Uk website.
I would expect that the UK has brands that we here in the colonies are not familiar with also. Stihl's (pronounced steel) gas powered yard tools are professional grade so I would assume their electric and battery powered are also good quality.

M

Miri

I would expect that the UK has brands that we here in the colonies are not familiar with also. Stihl's (pronounced steel) gas powered yard tools are professional grade so I would assume their electric and battery powered are also good quality.

Sounds good I will have to check them out.

M

Miri

Oh I had something else to ask as well - garden season!

Ive got a cheap strimmer, the kind with the plastic wire. I’m getting fed up
as it’s suppose to dispense automatically when the plastic wire snaps off but
it doesn’t. So I have to keep stopping and pulling out the wire.

I’ve seen some that have little plastic blades, I’m told they are more robust but I
wondered how long the plastic blades last. Presumably they need replacing fairly
regularly as they get dented/damaged.

Anyone tried one of these?

(makes a change from discussing handbags! Lol)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Oh I had something else to ask as well - garden season!

Ive got a cheap strimmer, the kind with the plastic wire. I’m getting fed up
as it’s suppose to dispense automatically when the plastic wire snaps off but
it doesn’t. So I have to keep stopping and pulling out the wire.

I’ve seen some that have little plastic blades, I’m told they are more robust but I
wondered how long the plastic blades last. Presumably they need replacing fairly
regularly as they get dented/damaged.

Anyone tried one of these?

(makes a change from discussing handbags! Lol)
I've never seen one that will automatically dispense new string. Mine have always been "bump" feed. Rev it up, and bump it on the grass, and it feeds out more line.

I've never used the plastic blades. I imagine they would be good for heavier weeds and such, but I have no experience with them.

I just bought a Stihl chainsaw for "homeowner" use, and it is a very high quality tool. Over here, they are considered to be one of the better/best brands. Echo is another brand that is supposed to be equally well made.

M

Miri

I've never seen one that will automatically dispense new string. Mine have always been "bump" feed. Rev it up, and bump it on the grass, and it feeds out more line.

I've never used the plastic blades. I imagine they would be good for heavier weeds and such, but I have no experience with them.

I just bought a Stihl chainsaw for "homeowner" use, and it is a very high quality tool. Over here, they are considered to be one of the better/best brands. Echo is another brand that is supposed to be equally well made.
I had one that was suppose to be bump feed. Also the current one has a trigger switch near the
handle to feed out the plastic wire. Neither worked as they should.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
M

Miri

How long do the batteries last. Is it the case that the power is that for
fist 20 mins or so then it drops off for the next hour or so.

That has been my experience of other battery powered products.