Hardshell & Primitive Baptist "Conditional Time Salvation" Warning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 25, 2018
I do not mind discussing the scriptures in defense of the doctrine, but not with someone who is not civil and is self centered. I suggest you get counseling. If you want to consider this a prideful win for you, then have at it. I am not subjecting myself with any more of your pride and hateful attitude.
If you would quit twisting his words in a way that what you say he said was not what he said, then he would not come at you this way my friend.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Dont worry guys I got this.

Im currently working with my crew of very competent monkeys to come up with an "elect-o-meter" so we can finally find out who the elect are.

We are calculating belief in happy hunting grounds as one of the sure signs of regeneration.

Stay tuned. It will be released simultaneously with my primitive baptist bible translation, translated from the original text known as "Codex decepticus". Quite an edition coming up!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
You are all over the map. You say God alone justifies. That is true my friend. You say when one is regenerated they are given faith and repentance. Again, that is true. However, you say it is eternal salvation, but temporal salvation can be forfeited. Nowhere does justification state this as being true. Your theology is a mish-mash of out of context verses.
So what we have is FGC changing his position on repentance and faith not being works of man now. Formerly they were works of man something needed in order to establish time salvation. This was essential to establish his doctrine, now he's change his teaching.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I do not mind discussing the scriptures in defense of the doctrine, but not with someone who is not civil and is self centered. I suggest you get counseling. If you want to consider this a prideful win for you, then have at it. I am not subjecting myself with any more of your pride and hateful attitude.
See? Just more accusations. Wow.

Okey dokey, suit yourself.

Mar 28, 2016
To repent is like to have faith...(believe) . it cannot be separated work anymore then trying to separate the spirit essence of life from a lifeless spiritless body of flesh . Dead flesh has no life needed to work .

It is the work of God's labor of love that we can repent or comfort ourselves . He is our first love.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.James 2:26

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
To repent is like to have faith...(believe) . it cannot be separated work anymore then trying to separate the spirit essence of life from a lifeless spiritless body of flesh . Dead flesh has no life needed to work .

It is the work of God's labor of love that we can repent or comfort ourselves . He is our first love.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.James 2:26
To believe is not to repent......

This is said often today but its not the case.

If believe and repent are the same thing, why not just say "Believe and believe the gospel"? instead of "repent and believe the gospel"?

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016

If believe and repent are the same thing, why not just say "Believe and believe the gospel"? instead of "repent and believe the gospel"?
You got post #666. Congrats!

Oct 25, 2018
Totally out of line and uncalled for. Where is this meekness you keep speaking of my friend?

Mar 28, 2016

Repenting and believing is all one work of faith (Christ's )

I would offer to repent, comfort or ease oneself is to be drawn towards or turned by the voice another believe . It would like saying. No man can come unless the father enables them .As always God must do the first work by which we can believe .It is the work of God that we can believe Him who has no form (John 6) Not after ones own fleshly imagination.

Remember we start with "no faith" or no way to believe by seeking after God. Not little faith but none.

It the work of the living abiding word of God that can cause us or draw us to turn from unbelief (no faith) to a faith not of our own self.

Jerimiah 31 defines best what it means to repent or comfort one self .If God does not do the first work giving ears to hear or draw us towards His voice then no man could believe. Having been turned or drawn so that in turn the person who errored can ease the pain and continue to walk by faith.

Jeremiah 31:17-19 King James Version (KJV)
And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border. I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

Turn thou me, and I shall be turned (this is the first work of God) No turning as a work of God no believing. Surely after that I was turned, I repented (the fruit of the first work believe God )

Dec 28, 2016
Repenting and believing is all one work of faith (Christ's )
Faith and repentance are God's gifts, they are not the same things but are different and yes all the work of God. Faith is not repentance and repentance is not faith.

This would be a good topic for another thread. You could start one if you like.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Why is it that free willies just wander down that BROAD yellow brick road singing, Glory to ME in the hightest.

isn't it great that they were so wonderfully smart to "accept" Christ while the stupid rest of us relied on God's great mercy for salvation.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Note this:

"Generally speaking, groups that identify themselves as Primitive Baptists fit within the ranks of orthodox Christianity."

Oh, GraceandHalfTruth left off this portion of the article:

"However, some Primitive Baptists emphasize predestination to the extent that they say the elect are saved by God’s grace, even if they have never heard the gospel—a teaching that comes close to universalism. As with any church, it is wise to do some research into its history, practices, and teachings before joining."

The underlined isn't orthodox Christianity, and once any group begins doing this, it is no longer orthodox.

Convenient, wasn't it, how she copied everything but that portion which was on the same page? Seems GraceandHalfTruth likes to stack the deck, give out part of the story, in addition to her false accusations, and attempt to slander.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Primitive-Baptists.html
Listen Grandpa, I am not in control of what gets quoted.........I hit the "reply" button and it is what it is.

Dec 28, 2016
Listen Grandpa, I am not in control of what gets quoted.........I hit the "reply" button and it is what it is.
Grandpa? Are you a Christian? You act carnal a lot and I'm concerned especially when the above is untrue. Haven't looked at your profile to see if you claim to be one, just going by your poor track record and behavior.

You give half truths constantly then spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to defend yourself and make lame excuses. Well known fact. You did not quote the entire article in order to make it appear to support you. You did this on purpose.

I cannot take anything you say seriously because you are deceitful in what you post.

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
Here is some more concerning this cultic teaching. Keep in mind, I am not saying these folks are lost, that's "above my pay grade."

They are however, peddling a false gospel. These are also known as "Old School Baptist's".

Here is another link:

http://www.the-remnant.com/conditional1.htm
Are you talking about those who bad mouth, mock, and ridicule, other's if there not under there thumbs? Verbal assaults, accusations, and sexual imaginations, Controlling others, I thought if your married, it's your wife you should only tell what to do, or wear, and getting into personal business, that's a real problem. Are these the ones? NOt sure if they are.

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
Grandpa? Are you a Christian? You act carnal a lot and I'm concerned especially when the above is untrue. Haven't looked at your profile to see if you claim to be one, just going by your poor track record and behavior.

You give half truths constantly then spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to defend yourself and make lame excuses. Well known fact. You did not quote the entire article in order to make it appear to support you. You did this on purpose.

I cannot take anything you say seriously because you are deceitful in what you post.
You should look at the x s shes given about over 100. Didn't see any other's. Deciet and very unkind. I read her posts, most didn't make any sense. 2 pages of x. NOt loving either.

Dec 28, 2016
Hmmmm, I have never heard the term "Conditional Time Salvation."
Most have not heard of this hyper-Calvinist false gospel either. But the PB's are out and about spreading it around. It will serve us all well to know our Scriptures better to combat against this teaching.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Dont worry guys I got this.

Im currently working with my crew of very competent monkeys to come up with an "elect-o-meter" so we can finally find out who the elect are.
Yeah, sorta like the Wheel of Fortune. I wanna buy a vowel.