Has a lie crept in to our bible Does God allow demons to torment people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it possible that the lies of satan have tricked people in our bible, about how God is in person

• yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I'm so glad you got that off your chest. Carrying around such a load of unwarranted resentment surely must have been hurtful to your soul.
Carrying a load?
Resentment?
Hurtful?
You sir, are trying to cut down a tree that simply is not there.
A true child of God would not have a problem repenting when a fault of theirs has been brought to light. Which you did not do.
Mat 18:15-17, talks about telling a brother his fault and what should be done to them if they refuse to here and repent.
And you are still not walking in the Spirit or in love.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
@Pilgrimshope @JaumeJ @1ofthem @Absolutely @AandW @Mem @Dino246 @Magenta @Lucy-Pevensie @glen55 @Gideon300 @Runningman @Ahwatukee @tourist. @Blade @Rolly @Nehemiah6 @presidente @posthuman @Kidron @azsheepdog @DrGuyPhD @Icedaisey @GRACE_ambassador @know1 @SomeDisciple

Hi again all you beautiful christians :) welcome to the latest new posters, and thanks for posting. A new perspective i put forward today is the purpose of renewing the mind daily, and the wearing of the full armour, standing firm in our faith, and Guarding our heart. plus daily prayer for deliverance.

Would anyone agree with me that all five instruction here are instructions for the purpose of our daily battle against spiritual wicked forces, Jesus warned us that the battle we face is not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wicked high forces, who have waged a war against us until the end.

I also feal when Jesus tell us not to be alarmed, and we are in a daily battle against spiritual wicked high forces, that Jesus was also telling us that Theese demons do not work with God, and God does not work with demons ?, all tho some other scripture would suggest otherwise (that demons are sometimes permitted by God), this would be a valid point for questioning those scriptures to see,,,,,if that is what the holy spirit wants.

I do feal strongly that where demons are mentioned in our bible we do have to examine those scriptures to see if thoses scriptures are what God wants, because of the deceptive nature of demons, tricking people into believing lies.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Witnessing on campus while studying at the U of Illinois, a young man from the bad part of town used to like hearing me, one on one. He wqas not well educated with a very basic reading level.

One day after a time sharing the Word with him, he came into the student union and told me he was David.

I thought he may have snapped. Then he continued and explained how at one time we are all David. Whense come across our Golietha, all we need do is pick up a stone, and we will defeat Goliathe. I know in the original rendition, David picked u five smooth stones, but all we need is One, that Stone b eing our Savior.

I do not concern myself with people's spelling nor grammar accuity because as children only may we approach our Father. He does not concern Himself with such either... It is the content always.
This is a good post. I read a sermon about demons being described as being Goliathes in people lifes (Most people face this battle in life that evreyone has a goliathe to defeat). I think it was by Joyce myers in one of her books a long time ago.

It all sounds so easy from the lips of mature christians wise in there years, mature in wisdom and strong in over coming emotion. and experienced in not yielding to temptation of any nature.
People them selves will not believe unless they see. Or people will not develop a will to train
the mind, to know they are being oppressed or tempted or tricked, Demons are also good at playing mr nice guy too, and causing confussion

Unless people have proof, people will not want to know how to defeat spiritual wicked forces on a daily bases untill late on in there life, by which time a demon did become a goliathe in there life, and ruin there life. that nature and intent can be seen in our bible, that this is exactly what demons are all about, the confussion is every where.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I like Joyce Mayer. She was instrumental in a personal miracle for me, jusst by hearing her sermon and doing what she suggest4ed. It was instantaneous, and I give all glory to God.

Jul 23, 2018
Where is Job's wife's fate recorded in Scripture?

It was claimed Satan killed her. Where is that said? I am looking for chapter and verse...
Do you ever get tired of being right?

Well mostly.

Just joking dude

CS1

May 23, 2012
I am trying to understand the question asked with the thread title,

Is it possible that the lies of satan have tricked people in our bible, about how God is in person

Jul 23, 2018

The entire thread is his/her personal revelation that requires the reader to make grand canyon jumps.

Then orders the reader to obey or get put on ignore, which i am no doubt in, for daring to challenge him/her.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021

Your not the only one who does not understand this.

Jesus christ told us that satan was a murderer from the beginning. As for you not understanding the title of this thread and the poll question, for that we need to research the whole bible.
Lastly befor you judge my character, i would suggest you read through the entire thread, and read the insults from trolls who have followed me around since ive been here,,,,,ive answered 300 plus questions in this thread with courtessy.

1 more thing this is how Jesus really feals about harm being done to little children.
Mathew 18:16
But who so shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Lastly Satan and his demons are child killers from the beginning

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Carrying a load?
Resentment?
Hurtful?
You sir, are trying to cut down a tree that simply is not there.
A true child of God would not have a problem repenting when a fault of theirs has been brought to light. Which you did not do.
Mat 18:15-17, talks about telling a brother his fault and what should be done to them if they refuse to here and repent.
And you are still not walking in the Spirit or in love.
So many things I could say in response, but there's just no point. Have a nice day.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Your not the only one who does not understand this.

Jesus christ told us that satan was a murderer from the beginning. As for you not understanding the title of this thread and the poll question, for that we need to research the whole bible.
Lastly befor you judge my character, i would suggest you read through the entire thread, and read the insults from trolls who have followed me around since ive been here,,,,,ive answered 300 plus questions in this thread with courtessy.

1 more thing this is how Jesus really feals about harm being done to little children.
But who so shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Lastly Satan and his demons are child killers from the beginning

first I did not judge your character and I think your answer is more defensive than constructive. I detect a bit of agitation in your response. Can you read?

I said:" I am trying to understand the question asked with the thread title, "

Then for your help, you tell me to read the whole Bible Ok, I read the whole every year and yes studied too.

what am I "researching"? Your opinion of the thread title or the question you asked in number two?

1. Has a lie crept in to our bible Does God allow demons to torment people

2. Is it possible that the lies of satan have tricked people in our bible, about how God is in person

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
first I did not judge your character and I think your answer is more defensive than constructive. I detect a bit of agitation in your response. Can you read?

I said:" I am trying to understand the question asked with the thread title, "

Then for your help, you tell me to read the whole Bible Ok, I read the whole every year and yes studied too.

what am I "researching"? Your opinion of the thread title or the question you asked in number two?

1. Has a lie crept in to our bible Does God allow demons to torment people

2. Is it possible that the lies of satan have tricked people in our bible, about how God is in person
Im sick and tired of arguing with masters of evasion and people turning an esculating absolutely nothing into something, and looking for something that isnt there.

It seems that people are well and truly gifted at evading honest questions with how they like to see the question posed to them. and return your question with,, i want your question to mean something else.

I said to answer both Questions we need to research the whole bible. i didnt tell you to go and read your whole bible.

Theres your answer, thats the only one your getting for your question.

The title of the thread and the question of the poll is plain and simple enough to understand.

3 people have voted the same way i have and 2 people are unsure.
9 people have voted differently. so obviously they have understood the question.

If you want to know what your researching then you need to read the whole thread, because i am not going to go through everything only for somebody else just to dismmiss everything.
So far in this thread the Direct words of Jesus has been denied over and over again

Now go and do the right thing read the whole thread and then grill the real trolls here.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
The entire thread is his/her personal revelation that requires the reader to make grand canyon jumps.

Then orders the reader to obey or get put on ignore, which i am no doubt in, for daring to challenge him/her.

ignoring people 100 % is probably not a good idea -- unless the Spirit tells you to for sure, since we never know when God will 'speak' to us or by whom, or when and Angel might be speaking to us and we be unaware we entertain, ect.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

those that walk in darkness are led by darkness. those that walk in light are led by Light. those that walk in both (most people maybe including Christians) are led by both.

"if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light."

"God is Light and there is no darkness in Him."

what dwells in darkness? what dwells in Light?

where do we fall on this possibly complicated and unknown completely spectrum -- except by God Himself [though the closer we become/ draw to Him/ God, the more we may come to know or understand]?

where do we wish to fall? what must we do to escape?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Im sick and tired of arguing with masters of evasion and people turning an esculating absolutely nothing into something, and looking for something that isnt there.

It seems that people are well and truly gifted at evading honest questions with how they like to see the question posed to them. and return your question with,, i want your question to mean something else.

I said to answer both Questions we need to research the whole bible. i didnt tell you to go and read your whole bible.

Theres your answer, thats the only one your getting for your question.

The title of the thread and the question of the poll is plain and simple enough to understand.

3 people have voted the same way i have and 2 people are unsure.
9 people have voted differently. so obviously they have understood the question.

If you want to know what your researching then you need to read the whole thread, because i am not going to go through everything only for somebody else just to dismmiss everything.
So far in this thread the Direct words of Jesus has been denied over and over again

Now go and do the right thing read the whole thread and then grill the real trolls here.
come on stop the deflection :) I did not vote because I am not understanding the point that is why I asked. But hey it's ok. I can be ignorant about it ok with me sorry for asking :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hi dear christian and brother and sisters around the world, I would like to dispute this matter because i feal this is the biggest missing link in our bible, to understanding scripture, and sorting out so much confussion, please also let me apolagize for any hurt this may cause you. At this moment i would like to say the bible warns us of many lies, and so for that reason there is many lies in our bible. but is there missing interpretation of those lies ?

In todays modern age as well of lot of you may know, there are endless sermons from preachers, telling us they hear the enemy wispering in there ear, trying to decieve there thoughts as well as so many christians complaining of being tormented by demons around the world, and quite a lot of christians in this very forum have opened up and told us how demons have tormented them. In a forum like this it takes courage to open up and confess you are being tormented by a demon because some people will use scripture that says God approves this but does he ?.

For some reason and im not completely sure why but christians seem to have got it into there head that a christian can be spiritualy oppressed and its not from God, but yet somehow fail to recognise that may have been happening in the bible too, where there is scripture indicating God has allowed a demon to torment someone. Hardly anybody will say quite possibly that person was being decieved in the bible.

In those times of the old testermnet where people as spiritualy aware as they are now and could they have been tricked by a decieving demon into believing they where being tormented by demons on the authority of God. ?

If scripture said in the bible for every curse written concerning a demon, i had a demon attacking me saying he was from God would you believe it ?

At this moment i am not going to apply any scripture that suggests that this is what demons do, im going to share my heart instead. We now live in an age where people are more spiritualy aware because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. I believe now the reason why people have spiritual receptors to know they are being tormented by demons is because they have recieved the holy spirit. Which is something they never had in the old testerment.

Again without quoting any scripture at this moment There are endless accounts of Jesus telling us exactly what he thought about demons, how they could decieve us and what we must do to over come there torment.

Obviously if demons revealed there true intent of a person there tormenting they wouldnt be able to get a hold on a person and bring there lie into the world or rule a person. Again im not going to post any scripture at the moment that clearly suggest demons need a person to be in fear to rule them but share my heart.

The fear of death would have been more frightening in acient times and something we all have to go through. Thankfully modern day hospitals can ease the pain when the race we run in life is coming to an end in this world. We can die in a more gracefull state of mind. Thankfully to not as many people are forced into decissions theese days on the bases of being killed if they dont. but in the old days the a lot of those deaths people suffered to force a new law was brutal in acient times. I feal strongly that the fear of death is a big reason why people believe in haste, where by the wrong perception is believed in a hurry and out of panic.
perhaps this is also a favorite plot from demons.

One scripture im going to apply at this moment spoken from Jesus to a demon was Get away from me i never knew you. This is hardly fitting with God allowing demons to torment people as that would suggest Jesus does know them and interacts witht them on a personal bases. I have many more perspectives on this based on scripture by Jesus that anything that suggests God allows demons to torment people is a false miss repersentation of God by a demon. Demons in my oppinion have assainated the character of God the father God the son and our holy spirit in our bible.

Hi dear christian and brother and sisters around the world, I would like to dispute this matter because i feal this is the biggest missing link in our bible, to understanding scripture, and sorting out so much confussion, please also let me apolagize for any hurt this may cause you. At this moment i would like to say the bible warns us of many lies, and so for that reason there is many lies in our bible. but is there missing interpretation of those lies ?

This is why I asked my question there are no lies with the word of God, that is why many are at odds with your post.
your rant is completely operated and if the bible can't be trusted surely you and I can't either.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021

This is why I asked my question there are no lies with the word of God, that is why many are at odds with your post.
your rant is completely operated and if the bible can't be trusted surely you and I can't either.
There is many lies in our bible and that does not equate to the word of God being a lie, that is a miss perception of what has been wrote. and im not deflecting, and i have no idea what you mean by my thread is completely operated. The bible tells us to examine the scriptures to see if the scriptures are what the holy spirit wants. There is a clear distinction between every word of God being true and every word of satan being true. one of those facts is that Satan is the great deciever pretending to be an angel of light. who has decieved nations. him and his cronies especially the Jews who still to this day dont believe Jesus was the messiah.

Ill go through some of those lies.

Satan tells adam and eve they will surely live if they eat from the tree of life.
Satan is walking around as an angel of light.
The enemy is a liar and a thief.
The enemy is the great deciever.
jacob decieves his father.
satan will set him self up as God in this world.
Satan will exalt himself higher than the heavens.

Jesus was called a heretic too by the Jews, when he spoke the truth,

John 10:31-32
The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?”

Matthew 26:65

Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;

act 6:11
Then they secretly induced men to say, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God.”

Mark 2:6-7
But some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?”

New testerment truth of the spirit Matthew 5:38-42
The Message
Love Your Enemies

38-42 “Here’s another old saying that deserves a second look: ‘Eye for eye, tooth for tooth.’ Is that going to get us anywhere? Here’s what I propose: ‘Don’t hit back at all.’ If someone strikes you, stand there and take it. If someone drags you into court and sues for the shirt off your back, giftwrap your best coat and make a present of it. And if someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously.

the law not repersenting the spiirt is something what Jesus repeatedly was at confrontation with the Jews and the scribes over. all the scribes and jews repeatedly wanted to stone and kill Jesus.

Jesus told the Jews there father was of the devil. Jesus was crucified by the Jews on the bases of him being the liar. which is untrue. The scribes where accused by Jesus of not having much rightousness.

There you have it. Now for the clear truth Satan and his demons have been mudering children from the beginnig and claiming God told them to do it(There deluded physopathic killers). The real truth as a result of Demons is,,,,, probably thousands of Children have died to day around the world and its all been made to look accidental (ie the kid made a stupid mistake, Oh and the reality is a lot of those children would have been told by demons your ok Kid God wants you to do it and he will Give you power to fly like an eagle. or you can easy jump from there to there.
Then all the demons in there deluded state will go to the fathers and mothers and Get them to curse God.

Its clear to me That Demons hate children. And have no authority from God to kill them. its also clear where told by Jesus that demons think they have the authority.

Really have to ask the Question now you come home from work tonight. the police knock on your door and say where awfull sorry but some Guy has killed your kids. where unsure what to do with him because he claims God told him to do it and we where just wondering if we should let him go, to go and torment some more people ?

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
come on stop the deflection :) I did not vote because I am not understanding the point that is why I asked. But hey it's ok. I can be ignorant about it ok with me sorry for asking :)
oh and ive actually left a lot more lies out.

So lets deflect some more here. Really should i just get my spoon out and jump over the moon

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
those that walk in darkness are led by darkness. those that walk in light are led by Light. those that walk in both (most people maybe including Christians) are led by both.

"if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light."

"God is Light and there is no darkness in Him."

what dwells in darkness? what dwells in Light?

where do we fall on this possibly complicated and unknown completely spectrum -- except by God Himself [though the closer we become/ draw to Him/ God, the more we may come to know or understand]?

where do we wish to fall? what must we do to escape?
We
How about we read the whole passages and the whole of whichever book you are looking at. Scripture shows us that some of Jesus' opponents accused him of doing His works through unclean spirits. Jesus warned them against the unpardonable sin of speaking against or blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Scripture shows us that Jesus was doing works by the Spirit of God, though He was falsely accused of doing them by a demon.

I have also read that the Talmud says that Jesus was executed as a 'sorcerer', which indicates they acknowledge He had supernatural power, but attributed it to the wrong source.
yes i agree, with you, the reality is Jesus (God) wasnt Just falsley accused. the whole of isreal was left to believe Jesus was a liar a blasphemer and evil, such was there hatred towards Jesus, the Jews favored a murederer rather than Jesus.

@Pilgrimshope @JaumeJ @1ofthem @Absolutely @AandW @Mem @Dino246 @Magenta @Lucy-Pevensie @glen55 @Gideon300 @Runningman @Ahwatukee @tourist. @Blade @Rolly @Nehemiah6 @presidente @posthuman @Kidron @azsheepdog @DrGuyPhD @Icedaisey @GRACE_ambassador @CS1 @Ogom

This is a big reality Jesus was accused of working with demons to perform healing and perform spiritual exorcism. ie Jesus was thought of as sommoning demons to use there super natural powers to perform healing and spiritual exorcism. Now Jesus told the Jews no i call the holy spirit to do my work not demons. But yet did the jews did not believe him. (in job 1 if you read bwtween the lines where told we should believe that god works with demons to kill people) this is crazy. reading Job 1 is like reading a re run of where Jesus is accused of working with Demons. in Job 1 if you read between the lines Jesus is again repesented as working with demons. quite clearly we are hearing this story from proven liars in the new testerment, Jesus clearly calls the Jews hipocrits and that there father is of the devil. Jesus clearly tells us that the Jews are believing all sorts of lies (the jewa retaliate calling Jesus all sorts of liar. The clear truth from Jesus is he does not work with demons. How on earth can we keep our faith if we believe Jesus works with demons, what would you say to a christian sect that uses a quija boards (weegie boards to summon demons) ? I think you would all dissmiss that and call them evil.

what would of happened if Jesus said yes i use demons to cast out demons or demons can heal people at my command. could you imagine how many people would be summoning demons,,,

ps actually you know many people around the world do summon demons for the reason that they believe the jews that they can be used for there powers.

Crazy but true. ive done my research,,

I strongly believe That God came down from heaven to tell the Jews many things, and to put many lies of the devil to shame. I think God also ment what he said that he does not allow satan to kill children like in Job 1 or terment people , jesus tells us in the new testerment that who ever harms my children has no place with me. This is quite clear that Jesus is saying Satan has miss repesented me in the old testerment. its quite clear Jesus is telling the Jews your scribes are writing lies. (we must put there words right in the holy bible is what Jesus wanted etc).

Jesus is basically saying enough here i am, witness all my mirracles also believe that i am God. also believe me that i do not work with physopathic child killers like demons who walk around saying i told told them to go and kill children.