Have any of you CC peeps met in REAL life?......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
OR would like to meet someone in here for real? Who would it be?:rolleyes:

ALSO, I’ve heard or read somewhere that a couple of you are “coupled up” or married already in real life - share with us your experience if you wish :)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

ALSO, I’ve heard or read somewhere that a couple of you are “coupled up” or married already in real life - share with us your experience if you wish :)

I was hoping to meet you.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I was hoping to meet you.
You never know Tommy, you never know ;)

You’d probably be that guy who’d crack jokes and be the only one laughing all night long LOL

With your beers of course.....

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
You never know Tommy, you never know ;)

You’d probably be that guy who’d crack jokes and be the only one laughing all night long LOL

With your beers of course.....
I never joke about beer.

U

Ugly

I have met two people from CC in real life.
Going way back to the AOL chat room days I met numerous people back then. At least 10.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I've threatened to do a road trip on the new bike up to Virginia... I was promised cold beer..

"east-bound and down....."

Actually, I haven't met any of the CC folks. Someday...

T

Tinuviel

No. None :(. I'd love to meet several of the folks here. Basically everyone in the women's group I'm in, and a lot of people I interact with here in the forums. I am not naming anyone for fear I'd forget some, but you know who you are :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I’ve only met one person from CC - AuntieAnt. I then married her son. :eek:

T

Tinuviel

It just struck me that I COULD have...and I would probably never know...:eek:

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The problem with meeting people in real life is that the attitude might change and the change is usually based on expectations.

T

Tinuviel

The problem with meeting people in real life is that the attitude might change and the change is usually based on expectations.
Or, like me, the person I am when talking to someone through writing is very, very different than my reserved self in real life. It isn't a problem, though. Realize it might happen and you'd be fine :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Or, like me, the person I am when talking to someone through writing is very, very different than my reserved self in real life. It isn't a problem, though. Realize it might happen and you'd be fine :)
I can post/email/text/talk on the phone just fine. But in person, I’m a little quiet at first. After I’m comfortable, I don’t hush :/ lol!

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Yeah, that's true. The real reason people feel more comfortable behind a keyboard is because it's just words vs words but in real life, there are other things that speak louder than just words, the body language and the facial expressions.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I've met about 10 CC'ers in real life (most of them aren't here anymore.) :(

I have several more on the list whom I hope to meet in the future!!! :)

Well shucky doodles.

There goes my reputation as a catfish. :cool:

P.S. Mel, you sound like you'd be a blast to meet! :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife and I have met a former member WillieT and his wife for lunch several times as we live close-by. I have talked to Blain on the phone and my wife has talked to him too along with several other members. I know the actual names and addresses and phone numbers of several other members. My wife exchanges cards with them, mostly at Christmas but at other times of the year as well.

Most importantly I met my wife on this site, JesusLives. She responded to my introductory thread Quite Lonely. I had recently lost my late wife prematurely in Maine. In fact, I lost everything in Maine and came back home to Florida with just my clothes stuffed in a duffle bag. I was very much a depressed and broken man. These were tragic circumstances and I was living in a little prison in my mind. By the grace of God and the love of my wife I was set free.

We started to exchange PM's, then email. One day she asked for my address and phone number so that she could send me something in the mail and maybe call me. I felt I was led by God to trust her with this personal information. A few days later a bible arrived in the mail along with a handmade little mat she called a mug rug. It was meant for my coffee cup to sit on but I decided to use it to place my bible on it. I call it my bible cozy. My bible is still resting safely on it when I'm not reading it.

Soon, we were talking on the phone each day and expressing our affections for each other in my Midnight Confession and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band threads. We certainly had our 15 minutes of fame by all the attention we received from the other members interested in the romantic tidbits that were exchanged in our posts to each other. She lived in Clearwater and I was in Apopka which is a suburb of Orlando. A few months later we met physically and shortly thereafter got married on the strip in Las Vegas, Nevada.

She is the one true blessing that has come as a result of this site. I am also greatly blessed for getting to know several other members very well through the posts that we write. My life has sort of been an open book for anyone that is interested to see. I love this site, the peeps that I have come to know, and especially love God who trusted me with the wonderful CC member who became my loving wife.

Through the encouragement and prayers of some wonderful peeps on this site I have come to know God in a more intimate way too. Really, that's what its all about.

It's good to be alive.

J

Jennie-Mae

Yes, whenever meeting somebody in real life they can turn out to be quite different from the expectations you have made in your mind.

D

Depleted

One. PennEd.

He got a bunch of the guys from his Men's Bible Group together, added others, (I'm assuming friends, family, and co-workers of the guys in the group), and came here a couple of times to help fix our house.

Full story and pix here.

Would love to meet others IRL too, but got three problems going on at once:
1. Can't travel more than an hour.
2. Smoker.
3. Small house.

D

Depleted

I have met two people from CC in real life.
Going way back to the AOL chat room days I met numerous people back then. At least 10.
Got to ask, since I was so into AOL. Which chats did you go to? I was on Christian Chat for a while, until I became disabled, and got tired of people telling me I'm not saved because I didn't trust God enough to be healed. Then in the Disabled Support Chat. Met up with a Disabled Support Reunion when it was in Allentown one year.

My user name was AtWhatCost. If you were in either of those chats, what was your user name back then?