Have You Ever Told Someone That You Have a Significant Other When You Actually Don't?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I've had it set since I first joined here and it was because of the chatrooms >.<

Like Pipp's experience, seriously, some dudes there message every single female that's online. It's like... a dating site! Lol.

That would definitely be a deterrent for some. :)

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Hey cutie.... put your number in my phone.
Change that avatar to the Denver Broncos...and watch the numbers come flooding in.

Maybe.
If not, sorry for the terrible advice. (at least you have the Broncos logo to make you smile now. :) )

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I never have, but I suspect that women have done it to me a few times..

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I never had to lie cuz I never had the chance lol!

Daylilies

Apr 11, 2017
A long time ago, I bought a pretty yellow cubic zirconia ring that has little clear cubic zirconia on the band. I wore it one night when I went out with friends and this guy kept hitting on me... until he suddenly noticed the ring. Even though it was on my middle-finger, he thought it was an engagement ring, so he apologized and left! In the years since, I have occasionally switched it from my right-hand to the ring-finger on my left, and it usually always works! :)

If the ring doesn't work, I talk about how excited I am that my brother is finally retiring after years serving as a Navy SEAL!

T

Tinuviel

No...though there was one time when I didn't correct someone when they talked to me as if I was married. It was very funny, in fact :eek:. They called and spoke to me at length about my husband. The dear lady meant my brother, and yes, when you are an adult with adult brothers, they're always getting mistaken for your husbands/boyfriends. It is actually a bit disturbing, and I want to know...HOW MANY GUYS HAVE I MISSED BECAUSE I WAS WITH MY BROTHER AND THEY THOUGHT I WAS DATING?? LOL

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
No...though there was one time when I didn't correct someone when they talked to me as if I was married. It was very funny, in fact :eek:. They called and spoke to me at length about my husband. The dear lady meant my brother, and yes, when you are an adult with adult brothers, they're always getting mistaken for your husbands/boyfriends. It is actually a bit disturbing, and I want to know...HOW MANY GUYS HAVE I MISSED BECAUSE I WAS WITH MY BROTHER AND THEY THOUGHT I WAS DATING?? LOL
I can so relate to that, Tin.

My brother, Dad, and Grandpa are all Caucasian, and it doesn't matter which one I'm around, people ALWAYS think I'm their girlfriend.

BLEH.

I'm pretty convinced that I've missed my dream man--probably several times--because of this.

Sadness. :(

S

Susanna

My brother, Dad, and Grandpa are all Caucasian, and it doesn't matter which one I'm around, people ALWAYS think I'm their girlfriend.

BLEH.

I'm pretty convinced that I've missed my dream man--probably several times--because of this.

That really speaks volumes on how our culture is stereotyping when a caucasian guy is seen with a not caucasian lady, regardless of the age gap.

T

toinena

No.
Because nobody would believe me if I did. And I am a terrible liar. And now I have to find the rant-thread

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Yeah. I told my gf that I had a gf before she was my gf, and then she became my gf and now I'm trapped. I think I did it wrong :confused:. Please send help.

But honestly, no lol. I haven't. If it comes up, I just say whatever the truth is. If someone's trying to establish something that I don't want, I just say that I'm not interested and that's it.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I got volunteered to be someone's girlfriend in abstentia once so that he could get another rather pushy gal he had to work with off his back. I was the ideal girlfriend because I was headed to the other side of the world for a while at the time. Then I got dumped because he met someone he actually wanted to be his girlfriend (so much so that she became his first wife).

Feb 9, 2017
Absolutely :D I used to lie to guys all time who were creeping me, I used to tell them I was married or with a guy, but that's before I got saved now I'm always honest:)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

BLEH.

Still have those gift cards.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
When I look at a person and I have to tell them something to give an answer, I always tell them the truth. I could tell someone that I have someone, but knowing that I don't, convicts me at my heart, because deep down, I know I told a lie, and Proverbs 12 : 22 states that Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. Not saying that I haven't lied in the past, but I know the Holy Spirit will convict me even if I had a slight notion of lying.