HEAVEN IS NOT YOUR HOME!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2018
Heaven is NOT your home. This earth is. God made this earth for mankind. And if you think heaven is a place you are missing the essence of heaven. Heaven is a way of life. Heaven is all about living in and with God.

When Jesus brought heaven to earth He did not bring one place to another place. He brought life as it is lived in heaven TO EARTH. If you DO what He teaches you can live the life of heaven HERE AND NOW! Indeed this is His goal for all believers. And this is the way this world will be saved, by establishing the kingdom of heaven ON EARTH!

God's goal is NOT to get you to heaven. That would be so easy. All He has to do is kill you. God's goal is to get heaven in you. This is a much more difficult process and takes a lifetime (and maybe more).

Becoming a disciple is the key to living the life of heaven on earth. Only through self-sacrifice and obedience will God's anointed community establish the kingdom of heaven on earth and help Jesus take this world back for God.

God could snap His finger and make everything perfect instantly. But this isn't His way. He knows we need to go through a process of growth and maturation before we can truly be a son of God. We need to learn to feel the way He feels, to reason the way He reasons, and to make wise decisions based on feelings and reasoning as He does. We need to learn love, joy, peace, patience, tolerance, long-suffering, gentleness. meekness and self control. This is what discipleship is all about, with the goal of becoming a son of God JUST LIKE JESUS!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
While I can see the point you're making, some Scripture to back up your assertions would be good.

There isn't some long "process" to becoming a child (son) of God. It is spelled out clearly in John 1:12-13 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

We are fully children of God at the point of our new birth in Christ. Conformation to Christlikeness (sanctification) is a lifelong process, but the identity as children of God is established.

Oct 7, 2018
I have not done a lot of bible study... but I still await the day where there will be no sorrow, and every tear will be wiped.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Scripture seems to indicate otherwise:

Heb 11:16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Scripture seems to indicate otherwise:

Heb 11:16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.
That city, the New Jerusalem, comes down from heaven to the new earth, our forever home :)

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Heaven is NOT your home. This earth is. God made this earth for mankind. And if you think heaven is a place you are missing the essence of heaven. Heaven is a way of life. Heaven is all about living in and with God.

When Jesus brought heaven to earth He did not bring one place to another place. He brought life as it is lived in heaven TO EARTH. If you DO what He teaches you can live the life of heaven HERE AND NOW! Indeed this is His goal for all believers. And this is the way this world will be saved, by establishing the kingdom of heaven ON EARTH!

God's goal is NOT to get you to heaven. That would be so easy. All He has to do is kill you. God's goal is to get heaven in you. This is a much more difficult process and takes a lifetime (and maybe more).

Becoming a disciple is the key to living the life of heaven on earth. Only through self-sacrifice and obedience will God's anointed community establish the kingdom of heaven on earth and help Jesus take this world back for God.

God could snap His finger and make everything perfect instantly. But this isn't His way. He knows we need to go through a process of growth and maturation before we can truly be a son of God. We need to learn to feel the way He feels, to reason the way He reasons, and to make wise decisions based on feelings and reasoning as He does. We need to learn love, joy, peace, patience, tolerance, long-suffering, gentleness. meekness and self control. This is what discipleship is all about, with the goal of becoming a son of God JUST LIKE JESUS!
Did G-d miss it when He established Booths, as a reminder this is our temporary home and Perter lied or wrong when He said this is not our home but we are sojourners?

G-d could have chose not to create you or me, He does not need to kill us.... But He did... So, do you really think we will become Messiah and little Messiahs or could we be here to do His will and bring people to heave with us before we move home?

Oct 7, 2018
That city, the New Jerusalem, comes down from heaven to the new earth, our forever home :)
But there will be a new heaven, and a new earth, and new bodies??? I’m hoping for tinker bell ✌️

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Actually, both may be right.

Carnal Christians may well become residents of the new earth thingy............while Spiritual Christians will reside in heaven with God in their Mansions Jesus Himself prepared for them. He said He would do it, and, if it comes between some guy down here telling me where I will spend eternity, or Christ........yeah, I'm gonna take Christ!

Carnal Christians have not yet received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, thus they are not sanctified, and it may well be they stay on the new earth because ...........well...... God is a Spirit, and He desires them who worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

Oct 7, 2018
I write out of curiosity, not out of knowledge... is not Jurusalem....Mount Zion... is that not Gods Kingdom. Are we not Gods Kingdom. Our individual hearts a temple for the King. Our church arrising to be a holy city for the Lord??? Just thoughts.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Christians were already at the new Jerusalem when Hebrews was written - John in the apocalypse saw it in it's full glory.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,

How many cities do you think there are?

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Actually, both may be right.

Carnal Christians may well become residents of the new earth thingy............while Spiritual Christians will reside in heaven with God in their Mansions Jesus Himself prepared for them. He said He would do it, and, if it comes between some guy down here telling me where I will spend eternity, or Christ........yeah, I'm gonna take Christ!

Carnal Christians have not yet received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, thus they are not sanctified, and it may well be they stay on the new earth because ...........well...... God is a Spirit, and He desires them who worship Him in Spirit and Truth.
I suppose I do not understand the Biblical definition of Salvation. For G-d so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, who so ever believeth in Him shall not parish but have ever lasting life. Where did this second "salvation" come from to be filled with the Holy Spirit to "get into heaven"? Is not sanctification progressive... We were sanctified, we are being sanctified, and we will be fully sanctified in heaven?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Christians were already at the new Jerusalem when Hebrews was written - John in the apocalypse saw it in it's full glory.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,

How many cities do you think there are?
no,,,he saw the Sabbatical Sabbath https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_(biblical) 49 years and the the last horn of Pentecost...

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
"By faith Abraham dwelt in the promised land as a stranger in a foreign country. For he was awaiting the city having foundations, of which the architect and builder is God."
Heb 11:10

"Their mind is set on earthly things but our citizenship is in heaven."

Philippians 3:19

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."
J 17:16

SweetStars

Oct 6, 2018
Arizona
Please excuse me, but i disagree, The Bible is very explanatory on this, Jesus Christ is with God The Father and is in Heaven sit at the right side of God, God also has told us that we are call to not conform to the ways of this world, also has being mentioned that we are here only temporary, also has call us to accumulate riches in Heaven and not on Earth. And the most self explanatory verses are the followings Mathew 6:19-21 "19 “Do not store up for yourselves [material] treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart [your wishes, your desires; that on which your life centers] will be also. " Amd John 14:2-6 "2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places. If it were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and I will take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also. 4 And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going; so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “[a]I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. "

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All who love our Savior should understand that the Old Testament was the exclusive source of understanding in writing until the new writings were added long after the first believers had come to Jesus, Yeshua.

This does not intend in any manner to take away for the newer writings but all should know an d learn the OT was sufficient to learn about and know Jesus, that coupled with the preaching of the Apostles.

Read all about the right hand of God int the OT...…..then and only then will you kow how the OP should be addressed.

Nov 26, 2012
Once again the carnally minded and spiritually minded are at odds. Was it metaphor? Was it literal? I think since Christ specifically told everyone we would receive a body constructed of flesh like heavenly creatures then we will have a carnal body and a physical home, here on new earth.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I suppose I do not understand the Biblical definition of Salvation. For G-d so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, who so ever believeth in Him shall not parish but have ever lasting life. Where did this second "salvation" come from to be filled with the Holy Spirit to "get into heaven"? Is not sanctification progressive... We were sanctified, we are being sanctified, and we will be fully sanctified in heaven?
Ahh, salvation and sanctification are two different things. Salvation comes (as you said) through belief/faith (John 3:16), and, at that point, the new believer is what Paul called a Carnal Christian.

Sanctification comes with the receiving of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:1-6). These then become Spiritual believers, and are prepared by the Holy Spirit to learn and grow and receive gifts to allow them to fulfill the purpose God has purposed them for.

There is no "second salvation" as you stated, nor did I say there was.

Now, me personally, I do not believe in the whole "new earth" thingy. I believe that I will be in Heaven with my Lord in the mansion He prepared for me for all eternity. However, there are a plethora of believers who DO believe in the new earth thingy, and it seems the two ideas would have to be reconciled in some way.

IF they wanna spend eternity on a new earth, then who am I to deny them their desire? Spiritual beings would have NO use for a new earth. Only Carnal (physical) beings would. Thus, it could be suggested that those who inhabit the new earth will be the Carnal believers who are living at the time of His return.

It seems only normal that on the day of His return, there will be "new believers" who have not yet grown and matured enough to become Spiritual believers. Those not yet weaned from milk and able to feed on the meat of the Word. They are STILL saved, so they are STILL His children and heirs to the Promise.....so why not give them an eternal home they can relate to and appreciate?

God can do as He chooses.......and, in truth, I don't really care which it will turn out to be, or, if it turns out to be both! What I care about is that I will be with Him throughout all eternity.........where ever that may be!

I don't even care if folks believe or understand the idea I put forth..........it ain't a big deal, but it does go a long way to RESOLVING the never ending disputation over Heavenly home v. New Earth...........

sooooooo :)

(edited to say)
on a more snarky side..........I don't understand why folks can type "G" with no problem and "d" with no problem, but can not figure out how to type an "o". :)

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
While I can see the point you're making, some Scripture to back up your assertions would be good.

There isn't some long "process" to becoming a child (son) of God. It is spelled out clearly in John 1:12-13 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

We are fully children of God at the point of our new birth in Christ. Conformation to Christlikeness (sanctification) is a lifelong process, but the identity as children of God is established.
Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

"Therefore, since you have been raised with Christ, strive for the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."

Hello deardean2,

This present heaven and earth are passing away. God is going to create a new heaven and earth and new Jerusalem, a heavenly Jerusalem which will come down out of heaven.

Furthermore in John 14:1-3, Jesus promise to His disciples and to all believers is that He was going to the Father's house (heaven) to prepare places for us and that He would come back to take us back to those places that were He is we may be also. Therefore, it is to the Father's house in heaven that Jesus is returning in order to take us back to.

In addition, it is in heaven at the wedding of the Lamb where the bride/church is seen receiving her white and pure fine linen, as revealed in Rev.19:6-8.

Heaven is a literal place and believers will be going there for Judgment at the Bema Seat, not for sin, but to receive rewards for our good works, as well as loss of rewards for those that get burned up in the fire. During that time we will also attend the wedding of the Lamb. Following that we will follow the Lord out of heaven wearing our fine linen, white and clean, riding on white horses as we descend with the Lord.

When we believed in Christ, sanctification began, which is the process of being made holy. Regarding this, every believer is a different levels. Our becoming perfect is not dependent upon the Lord's return. And when He does return, then we will be immortal and glorified, regardless of what level of sanctification we were at.

We as believers in Christ, should be eagerly watching and waiting for the blessed hope, the appearing of our Lord to receive our immortal and glorified bodies and to take us back to the Father's housed according to His promise.