Ill humor you in the derailment
Christians eat way too many cookies imho...
I think they should get out in the beautiful outdoors and burn OFF the cookies![]()
Here we go again, just like Willie; convicting me of my over-indulgences.
Ill humor you in the derailment
Christians eat way too many cookies imho...
I think they should get out in the beautiful outdoors and burn OFF the cookies![]()
they will weep and gnash their teeth at the judgement
The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

She's just started another thread that I am not even participating in. You better hurry on over there. The resistance is already mounting.
I dont expect to change your opinion. Thats between you and her. But I will stand up if I think people are being dumped on. And if I feel you are being unfair with me I will tell you so. I dont want to be anyones enemy. I wish I could bring peace in this situation but that is beyond my control. But if we are all headed for the same heaven we better learn to make nice down here.
everyone agrees they will go into eternal punishment. but how do you interpret this? that's the question,
Eternal death?
It looks like a left ear to meThat's a right, beautiful ear, my Brother.![]()
It looks like a left ear to me
It looks like a left ear to me
Eternal punishment for some translates as death ever after, the second death, as Scripture promises is the wages of sin/disobedience to God starting in Genesis. Others equate eternal punishment with torture and torment, thinking the person must be conscious for punishment to be effective, which is obviously defective thinking, since even in our justice system, death is seen as very much the most harshest punishment possible.Am I missing something here? Please help.
The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Am I missing something here? Please help.
Must be a hidden camera?I think it was photographed through a mirror.
I can only follow what others are saying, all I am doing is searching for the truth. There are those that came before me and have Biblical knowledge the same as you have, all I see is a difference in context. Personally I do not understand, so I can only let those speak that have greater understanding, I just simply observe the differences, which of course causes confusion, there can only be one truth but which one is the truth? obviously that is something I have to try and work out for myself, reading the Bible does not necessarily make me any the wiser, I am ok with the simple things but there is some deeper understanding of Scripture I have to carefully discern for myself. This is not easy for me, for whom shall I trust? was it John Donne who quoted 'Human beings do not thrive when isolated from others' 'no one is self-sufficient; everyone relies on others'. I read up on what others have to say.Hello kedge,You say there is no proof of an afterlife and then you get rid of the very proof that you say doesn't exist, which is the event of the rich man and Lazarus by reducing it to being a parable.
I do not know I suppose I would need to do some research on this?what would you have to say about Moses and Elijah appearing with Jesus when He was changed into his glorified state and they spoke with him about his departure?
Here is what others might say..."Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."
In the scripture above, this is what Jesus promised the man who was crucified next him. How could Jesus promise that they would be in paradise, when both men died that very day? You would have to be conscious and existing in order to experience paradise.
There is no way the thieves would live long after having their legs broken, so they would have died (of asphyxiation) on the same day as well. The purpose of breaking the legs was, after all, to hasten death. Escaping? I don't know why but that kind of makes me laugh. How could they have escaped? They were nailed to a cross. Also, the legs would have been broken to hasten death to make sure the Sabbath was not sullied with bodies hanging dying on crosses outside the Temple. The Temple Mount is fairly close to Golgotha.In the second place, Jesus and the thief did not even die on the same day. Jesus was already dead (John 19:32-34). The thieves were very much alive, and their legs were broken to hasten death and to prevent them from escaping. They undoubtedly lived on past sunset into the hours of the Sabbath and possibly longer. So how could Jesus assure the thief of being with Him in Paradise that day when they did not both die on “that day”?
She's just started another thread that I am not even participating in. You better hurry on over there. The resistance is already mounting.
(If someone spits on enough people, pretty soon those people will retaliate. That is NOT ganging up on the initiator.)
I didn't see the thread. I'm not her keeper. I have given her advice and she can listen or not. Shes in the water now and she can swim on her own. I speak for myself only, or haven't I made that clear? She has a right to speak the truth as she believes it. If I agree I will say so,if I disagree I will say so. But Im not running around the forums nursing anyone. I spoke my piece and Im done.
Eternal punishment for some translates as death ever after, the second death, as Scripture promises is the wages of sin/disobedience to God starting in Genesis. Others equate eternal punishment with torture and torment, thinking the person must be conscious for punishment to be effective, which is obviously defective thinking, since even in our justice system, death is seen as very much the most harshest punishment possible.
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
In the verse above, we have the same word (Aionios) describing the eternal state of both the righteous and the unrighteous. That being said, the meaning must be the same for both. We know that eternal life for believers refers to unending life. Likewise, Eternal punishment must also mean unending punishment.
The Greek word is from the primary ollumi ἀπόλλυμι (to destroy utterly, kill,
slay; to perish; abolish etc); ruination, i.e. Death, punishment -- destruction.
Of course I agree the word means the same thing: eternal. However that in no way translates to eternal torture or torment. I am not sure how or why anyone thinks it does, quite honestly. Once a person is dead from the second death in the lake of fire, it is eternal ever after. There is no coming back from it. That does not make it eternal torture though. There is a plethora of Scripture to support my view of death and destruction (I gave some of them already) being the wages of sin. The Bible states that death is the penalty for sin right from the early stages of Genesis. How it can be overlooked and have God turned into a sadistic monster to torture and torment the creation He gave the life of His only begotten Son for, instead, I may never understand aside from saying that people have been deceived by the lies of Satan.
Eternal life is given (extended to us) only through accepting the
propitiatory sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on our behalf.