Hello from Ohio!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dinky90

Junior Member
Mar 7, 2016
3
0
0
Heya, everybody! My name is Bekah, but I go by dinky here on Christian Chat. I am 26 years old, and currently work as a dietary aide in a convent. I recently moved back to Ohio (where I grew up) from Ireland (where I worked in a bakery) and now I live with my sister.

I love to bake, cook, and read. I enjoy learning about new things (especially cultures, history, and science).
I LOVE to travel. As I said, I've lived in Ireland, and visited all over the States, and the British Isles (and Poland as of January!)

I've worked in food service or in childcare/education for more than ten years.


I'm a geek. I love sci-fi (Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Orson Scott Card books). I've enjoyed Harry Potter, Marvel movies, Narnia (books, not the movies), Lord of the Rings, and Supernatural. I love a good Disney/Pixar/DreamWorks movie. Oh yeah. Such a kid inside. :)
I love 70s and 80s music.


I'm interested in meeting good Christian people, making new friends, and learning a bit more about God. I'd love to hear from you either in a private message, or in the Lounge!
 
You work in a convent? That is ever so cool. Please, tell us how that came to be.
 
There's a convent near here that needed some extra help because the sisters were getting pretty old. They hired a food service company to come in and take care of all the food production instead of doing it themselves. I applied, thinking it sounded like a good opportunity, and they hired me. Not a very interesting story, but it's an interesting job!
 
There's a convent near here that needed some extra help because the sisters were getting pretty old. They hired a food service company to come in and take care of all the food production instead of doing it themselves. I applied, thinking it sounded like a good opportunity, and they hired me. Not a very interesting story, but it's an interesting job!

What a great bunch of women to just listen to.... assuming the Catholic stuff doesn't hang you up to where you can't hear the truths of their hearts. But I sense you aren't that way.
 
dinky90...GOD bless you! I too share love of music, can't get enough of Lord of the RINGS, Supernatural. I am employed in a former convent turned into a private Catholic Christian school, and it's totally haunted! Talking about GOD, JESUS...HOLY SPIRIT keeps me excited and my spirits up! Welcome aboard!!!!!!
 
What a great bunch of women to just listen to.... assuming the Catholic stuff doesn't hang you up to where you can't hear the truths of their hearts. But I sense you aren't that way.

They are amazing, and have great stories of lives on the mission field. They are so kind and friendly, and funny too. They do believe some things that I do not, but it hasn't affected our ability to relate to each other, thank God.
 
Welcome to Christian Chat Bekah! That's an awesome set of interests you have. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan (the books, not the movies...) and love the Narnia books too.
 
Nice!!

Welcome to CC!!

Keep the faith girl! And PLEASE always stay young at heart! From your post - you come across exactly as Christ would want you to be!!

:)

Alex
 
You wrote a very interesting introductory post. From what you have described about yourself I believe that you will fit right into this community. Welcome to CC.
 
Just a heads up Gods spirit was poured on all flesh a little over two years ago and the abomination of desolation occurred that following spring in usa. gay marriage when a man lays with a man listed in the book of Leviticus. last days- fyi

This is the forum for introducing oneself. This thread was started by another new member. You already posted this same post in a thread you have started.
 
This is the forum for introducing oneself. This thread was started by another new member. You already posted this same post in a thread you have started.

It's ok, tourist. He was a troll and I reported him. He's banned. :)