HELP NEEDED: LET'S MAKE THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL THREAD IN THE WORLD!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
well, that's the whole point of this thread isn't it?
cats and butter and pushing them off the table......
Nothing in the world more controversial than buttering cats and throwing them off tables. 🤣

Just saw Phil's post... Controversial minds think alike! 🤓

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
Me too and I ain't talkin' 'bout none of that figgy pudding either. :)
Awww, dats mah Southern man tawkin’!👍 Ya fixin’ to git a piece down the dirt roads to da real South, Heart of Dixie down home B-b-b-bammern???😂

Oh, I forgot about the bread🤦‍♀️😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
seoulsearch, seoulsearch, seoulsearch... for sheer, long-playing contention you will NEVER beat the Not By Works thread. Never, ever, ever.

But since you started a thread just for the sake of generating a lot of controversial racket, it does deserve some form of reprisal. I had to read seven pages of this bread thread. And of course I can not condone any thread that advocates mistreating cats in such a manner. I need to get back at you somehow.

And I know just how to do it. Bwahahaha!

The best toast in the world is two slices of homemade, whole wheat sourdough, lightly toasted, then put the meat in between them for a delicious toasted MEATLOAF sandwich! Yum yum!

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hey Everyone,

Based on some awesome ideas from @zeroturbulence, @Godsgirl83, and, in another conversation, @Reborn , I'm setting out on an intrepid adventure.

And I need all of YOUR help!

We were talking in another thread about how pretty much ANY topic of discussion these days can be turned into a war zone of opposing sides, so I just figured, let's test this baby out and see what happens.

I'm going to present a topic, and I want to see just how fast it becomes THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL THREAD IN THE WORLD!!!

Today's Nail-Biting, On-Your-Seat, Sure-to-Get-People-Raging Topic is:

* WHAT KIND OF BREAD DO YOU LIKE FOR YOUR TOAST?*

Gasp! Sigh! And, loud murmurs of, "I can't believe she actually said that out loud!" fill the room!!!

I know it's A LOT to take in, but please, before we start any riots, let's think about some of the many, many ways this thread can immediately go wrong.

For instance, we need people to start the following arguments (and from both sides,) such as:

1. White vs. brown (or darker) bread -- how dare anyone like something different than someone else! Only toast harmony will save the world.

2. Rare vs. med. vs. well-done (Isn't there a special time-out chair for people who like burnt toast??? I mean, c'mon. That just CAN'T be natural.)

3. Is toast vegan, especially when you slap a big piece of fried chicken right on top.

4. Toast isn't keto -- how dare you!!! Everyone knows that carbs are the food of the devil!!!

5. Condiments on toast -- butter, jam, vegemite, Nutella??? Surely one or all of those is worth protesting!

6. Can toast be eaten at any other meal besides breakfast? (Of course not, you heathen!!!)

Forget "50 Shades of Grey," people.

We are going for at least "106 Reasons Why People Should Argue Over Toast," and the sky is the limit!!!

I am looking forward to everyone stating and defending their views -- because no matter what they are, you know they're just wrong!!! :D

(Please note that I am NOT trying to make fun of or in any way belittle the seriousness of the many events and causes people are taking up these days. Rather, I mean this only as a light-hearted escape from just how vicious some people can be when criticizing others for not holding the same beliefs.)

Forget putting aside our differences -- this is a thread that intends to celebrate each and every one, and as loudly as possible! :)
English Muffins for me, thank you, with butter and strawberry jam.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
When it comes to toast of any kind... real butter is wayyy better than margarine. There I said it !

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
seoulsearch, seoulsearch, seoulsearch... for sheer, long-playing contention you will NEVER beat the Not By Works thread. Never, ever, ever.

But since you started a thread just for the sake of generating a lot of controversial racket, it does deserve some form of reprisal. I had to read seven pages of this bread thread. And of course I can not condone any thread that advocates mistreating cats in such a manner. I need to get back at you somehow.

And I know just how to do it. Bwahahaha!

The best toast in the world is two slices of homemade, whole wheat sourdough, lightly toasted, then put the meat in between them for a delicious toasted MEATLOAF sandwich! Yum yum!
Meatloaf is a sin.

G

Godsgirl83

I like English muffins made with black pepper and cheddar cheese and spread with butter
When it comes to toast of any kind... real butter is wayyy better than margarine. There I said it !
hey @seoulsearch .........
notice how everyone seems to be avoiding your question of where the butter goes/is preferred?
Butter on top.......
or on bottom?
right side up or up side down?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
then put the meat in between them for a delicious toasted MEATLOAF sandwich! Yum yum!
Meatloaf isn't a controversy.

It's just flat-out heresy; no questions asked; cue the mic drop now!

Meatloaf is a sin.
Thank goodness Pipp was here to give you a proper verbal flogging.

For the sake of your culinary sanctification, I sure hope you feel rightly chastised and are contemplating the many errors of your ways.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
English Muffins for me, thank you, with butter and strawberry jam.

10 points awarded to Ahwatukee for redeeming this thread after Post #124, The Great Meatloaf Heresy of 2021!

The battle is fierce, ladies and gentlemen, and we must remain vigilant.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Margarine is not suitable for human consumption.

It's not even good for axle grease.

It might be good for melting and spraying on a hornet's nest though, or into a fire ant hole.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I think the butter purists have won this debate..... The magerine-ists 0 -points.

And here's the proof text:

Proverbs 30:33 - For as churning cream produces butter,

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I think the butter purists have won this debate..... The magerine-ists 0 -points.

And here's the proof text:

Proverbs 30:33 - For as churning cream produces butter,
Can you imargerine?