Help settle an argument between Jewel and Tommy.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Ok..peeps gotta get to bed..early to work tomorrow

Ill leave you with this

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nothing wrong with a couple of verys, I just wanted to know if you'd like to get rid of a couple.
Verily, verily.

What's wrong with a couple of "very's" (especially if they're true?) :LOL:

I've been out of relationships for... (argh, who wants to do the math) 15 years?

I'd say 7.5 years definitely qualifies for at least one "very" each, henceforth, I used two "very's" for the sake of accuracy. ;)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Female and single by any definition of the word

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
If they ain't married, they're just acquaintances.
Ok, Seoulsearch is shaming me with that glaring thumbs down.
Let's say that if they're engaged to be married, they are not single.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If they ain't married, they're just acquaintances.
I have to firmly disagree with this one, but it's only my opinion.

I've heard people say this a lot--that someone is technically still on the market until the moment they say "I do."

Ok... if that's the case... and you're talking to someone special, or if you think you're in a relationship with someone, or if you're engaged, do you really want other people treating that special person in your life as being "single", and therefore available to date someone else?

Maybe I'm just picky or old-fashioned, but if someone says they're "single", that means anyone of the opposite gender could ask them out right at that moment and they could say yes with no strings attached (or hearts that they are breaking.)

If someone's heart is invested in a connection with any other person, I don't consider that to be single, but that's just me.

If you put a ring on someone's finger tonight, would you want her to tell all the guys at the party she's going to that weekend that she's "single"?

I've been wanting to reboot the "Shipping" thread for a while, but one of my stipulations is that only "single" people would be allowed to be shipped, meaning, only people whose hearts weren't attached to anyone in any romantic sense.

I'm guessing that might leave about 10 of us after all the fallout. :cool:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
The single part I find hard to believe.
Not sure why, I'm pretty open about my perpetually single state. And though you probably haven't noticed, I'm one of the few CC regulars to have never been shipped in the shipping thread (though mentioning that may put an end to that distinction).

Oh wait, that was meant to be flattery or a compliment. And I think that probably illustrates one of the primary reasons why I'm single.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I have to firmly disagree with this one, but it's only my opinion.

I've heard people say this a lot--that someone is technically still on the market until the moment they say "I do."

Ok... if that's the case... and you're talking to someone special, or if you think you're in a relationship with someone, or if you're engaged, do you really want other people treating that special person in your life as being "single", and therefore available to date someone else?

Maybe I'm just picky or old-fashioned, but if someone says they're "single", that means anyone of the opposite gender could ask them out right at that moment and they could say yes with no strings attached (or hearts that they are breaking.)

If someone's heart is invested in a connection with any other person, I don't consider that to be single, but that's just me.

If you put a ring on someone's finger tonight, would you want her to tell all the guys at the party she's going to that weekend that she's "single"?

I've been wanting to reboot the "Shipping" thread for a while, but one of my stipulations is that only "single" people would be allowed to be shipped, meaning, only people whose hearts weren't attached to anyone in any romantic sense.

I'm guessing that might leave about 10 of us after all the fallout. :cool:
This might be one of those rare occasions, you change my mind. I thought better about 2 seconds after I posted that response, but I usually don't delete post.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Not sure why, I'm pretty open about my perpetually single state. And though you probably haven't noticed, I'm one of the few CC regulars to have never been shipped in the shipping thread (though mentioning that may put an end to that distinction).

Oh wait, that was meant to be flattery or a compliment. And I think that probably illustrates one of the primary reasons why I'm single.
The next to last sentence in your post, is an accurate summation of my response to your first post in this thread.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Ok, single for the purposes of this thread, means: a person who is not married, and not relating to a person with the intent of becoming married.

Also, when my slack brothers from another mother start showing up, I can put a decent list together of guys to ship with Cinder.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Single, male, and not yet asleep.

At least, I don't think I'm asleep. Stranger things have happened.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I shouldn't even be reading this.... I haven't been single for the past 35 years or so..... :eek:

I got married at a REALLY young age....:rolleyes:

Tommy, you're a lucky guy.... one single guy with all these lovely single ladies..... to quote Tom Skerrit from " A River Runs Through It"..... "... there was a time....." :LOL:

skerrit.jpg

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I shouldn't even be reading this.... I haven't been single for the past 35 years or so..... :eek:

I got married at a REALLY young age....:rolleyes:

Tommy, you're a lucky guy.... one single guy with all these lovely single ladies..... to quote Tom Skerrit from " A River Runs Through It"..... "... there was a time....." :LOL:

View attachment 186512
All of them are quite breathtaking.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Now I wonder if Tom Skerritt will make an appearance in the Top Gun sequel.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm single by both of Kim's definitions.

This thread should have had a poll.