Help with repentance.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Honestly that's another problem I have. I'm kinda depending upon Jesus so I don't really think/worry about sinning (in this area) that much. That plus the fact that we aren't in the end times yet makes me believe I have plenty time to repent.
With that being said, I know I have to stop. And I'am taking steps to reduce sexual sin by changing the way I think (still struggle though) and limiting masturbating (working pretty decently although I still go back to it occasionally).
Peter puts it this way: “Whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved” (2 Peter 2:19).

Paul agrees: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16).

The bottom line is that you are a slave of sin, and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah, so . . . your confusion of the Scriptures isn't my issue. Second, I'm not here to enter into childish debate with you nor anyone else. I am here to help someone who asked for it.
Untruth doesn't help. You should spend some time learning the subject because you don't know it at all.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Untruth doesn't help. You should spend some time learning the subject because you don't know it at all.
Ok. I live in Central Washington. If you're close, we should sit down and have a chat together. Invite your whole army of friends.

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
LOL! What is that some childish threat?

Hey, if you can't take criticism, don't post. If you want to engage in dialog then put on your big boy pants and behave.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
LOL! What is that some childish threat?

Hey, if you can't take criticism, don't post. If you want to engage in dialog then put on your big boy pants and behave.
No threat at all. If you're too afraid of visiting with me face to face, because of your abusive ways, then how about a Zoom chat with you, me and your pastor. We can discuss your behavior. But like I said . . . if you're too afraid . . .

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
No threat at all. If you're too afraid of visiting with me face to face, because of your abusive ways, then how about a Zoom chat with you, me and your pastor. We can discuss your behavior. But like I said . . . if you're too afraid . . .
LOL! Oh yes, That's it. Soooo afraid.

Listen pal, This isn't about my behavior. It's about you saying crazy things, then you are challenged, now you are angry because your can't defend your claims. If you can't handle being challenged on a public forum then keep to yourself.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
LOL! Oh yes, That's it. Soooo afraid.

Listen pal, This isn't about my behavior. It's about you saying crazy things, then you are challenged, now you are angry because your can't defend your claims. If you can't handle being challenged on a public forum then keep to yourself.
Alright. So you're refusing?

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
The Apostle Paul teaches two things for you:

1) Stay single if you believe that you have received the Circumcision of Christ

2) If you cannot control yourself, get married! :D
Sorry!

Hi bro. Doctor told to do c section on March 2-4th , and take out baby. You can pray for wife's delivery and

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Sorry!

Hi bro. Doctor told to do c section on March 2-4th , and take out baby. You can pray for wife's delivery and
I will pray for her. I will also pray for you, that you will do all that you can to find employment and care for your family.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
I will pray for her. I will also pray for you, that you will do all that you can to find employment and care for your family.
yes thanks bro. here things favour unbelievers, and it's always a challenge for believers.

R

RaceBoy

Peter puts it this way: “Whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved” (2 Peter 2:19).

Paul agrees: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16).

The bottom line is that you are a slave of sin, and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
Well thanks for letting me know that I'm doomed and heading straight for hellfire.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well thanks for letting me know that I'm doomed and heading straight for hellfire.
I'm not certain of all that eternalfire wrote, but I would say this . . . if it's dark out and your headlights aren't working, I'd be thankful to be told that the bridge ahead is down and that if you try to cross . . . death awaits.

If you're saved then being told otherwise won't bother you. If it bothers you, then you might consider the idea. Just sayin' . . .

Respect to you . . .

R

RaceBoy

I'm not certain of all that eternalfire wrote, but I would say this . . . if it's dark out and your headlights aren't working, I'd be thankful to be told that the bridge ahead is down and that if you try to cross . . . death awaits.

If you're saved then being told otherwise won't bother you. If it bothers you, then you might consider the idea. Just sayin' . . .

Respect to you . . .
Yeah 😒

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
No no . . . Refuse to play the Shame and Guilt games! Keep your head up; believe in yourself as a good and healthy person. You're not killing people, your not doing anything outrageous. And more, I know that this particular sin of yours, you are doing it before the Lord each time. You know that He is watching you; you know that He is present. Do not run from the Lord . . . ever! Whatever you do, acknowledge that the Lord is there and do not ever play the run and hide games that Adam and Eve played. The Lord would rather you stand before Him and take full responsibility than to have Him run after you and find you covered in Fear, Shame, and Guilt.

Fear, Shame, and Guilt . . . these are the attitude and mindsets of the Devil. These three emotions are exactly what Adam and Eve expressed after their sin in the Garden . . . they are the result of the Law of Sin and Death. So, it is critical that you do NOT participate in this thinking. If anyone ever judges you because you are not perfect, know with full certainty that they are not perfect either. We are all guilty, thus, we are all the same (in this way).

1 John 2:1 NLT - "My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous."

Hold your head high! Believe in yourself as a good, healthy, balanced person. There is to be NO self-hatred. None! This is exactly how the Devil wants you to feel, for when you are consumed with Fear, Shame, and Guilt, Satan's job is done . . . and you will do the rest. And what is "the rest"? Well, it could be deeper sex sin, alcholism (which is drug addiction), food addictions, anger addictions, and on and on.

If it is at all possible, I am commanding that you not play the FSG games . . . at . . . all! ;)

Just keep working at this. Keep memorizing Colossians 2:9-15. Time . . . God is on your side. Time . . . just keep working to slowly change and improve. I believe in you and I know that you can do this.

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I hear you. Believe me when I quote additional words of Paul . . . getting married is not easy, and if you are determined to Love your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength . . . marriage will prevent you from doing that. You will be divided.

1 Corinthians 7:28 NIV - "But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this."

Believe me, I understand the pull and attraction to sexual intimacy. This is a massive burden for us humans to carry. In Heaven, there is no desire nor need for sexual intimacy, thus this, too, is something that we must Endure.

For some reason, the Lord has Blessed me with the gift of feeling His Raw, Almighty Power, hence, my belief in the God of this universe to the maximum degree. The Powerful force of Peace and Love alone was enough to nearly kill me, thus I understand the incredibly reality of "no one can be in the full presence of the Lord and live." - Again, I understand the incredible desire for intimacy, but having had many sexual partners in this world, if you are able to keep yourself "bed" pure, you will be so thankful and so happy that you have spared your mind of wanting more, and more, and more. Once you have had one women, you then may face what most men face, which is, "Hmmm . . . I wonder what "she" would be like." The cycle only continues to spin more and more out of control.

Incredibly, I had a "baptist preacher" once tell me (80 years old, by the way) that if he saw a gorgeous young woman walk across the street and if he didn't tell himself that he "wanted" her . . . he would be dead. My "pastor" at the time, who told me this, was married. How would you feel if you were his wife knowing that this is what he felt in his heart for EVERY hot young girl that passed before him?

So when Paul said that not getting married would spare us of many difficulties in this world, believe me . . . he knows what he's talking about. I did my utmost best to serve my former wife and her three step-children, but all I received in return was grief and abuse. It was horrible, and consequently, I failed at being able to handle my role as a husband and father. It was shockingly difficult.

My friend, I hope that you will do your best to remain single, for to this we are instructed (read all of 1 Corinthians chapter 7). But if you must, well then you must.

Further, I would suggest that you make you that you understand the True Gospel of Jesus Christ and pray that if the Sinful Nature has not yet been cut away from your heart, pray that Jesus would do so. For only through Circumcision of the Heart will you ever have any chance at even remotely being relieved of this sexual pull and desire. Lust is a work of the Devil, and not the Lord.

There are no more important verses than the Seven verses of Colossians 2:9-15. You would be well advised to memorize these Seven Perfect verses more than John 3:16 or any other. They are life-giving; they are the utter core of the entire Bible. Now in my mid fifties, I wish that someone would have taught me these passages. And while I can say that I was attending church while within my mothers womb, throughout my entire life, no pastor be it in person, TV, radio, or any audio tape series I have ever heard (thousands upon thousands) no one has ever taught Colossians 2:9-15. We live in a corrupt church system that does not teach the Truth nor the Gospel. But I am offering the Gospel to you now . . . please take heed and escape the corruption of this world through the cutting away of the Sinful Nature and the subsequent replacement of the Divine Nature.

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

2 Peter 1:4 NLT - "And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."

And my friend, "these promises" are the Promises extended to Abraham per the discussion he had with the Lord in Genesis chapter 17. There you have it my friend . . . I have just given you the most amazing gift that you can receive on this planet outside of the Spiritual Gifts of the Lord. I have shown you that path to understanding the True Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I believe in you. You can do this! :D
Wow! That was so powerful. Thank you. I've been married twice. Both husbands were unfaithful to me. I didn't think I'd get into another relationship, but I was looking for a friend because I was lonely, and this guy who seemed so perfect, except for not being a Christian (and how can I even call that perfect?), drew me in. And I'm sure you've seen my other posts, that he broke up with me the day after New Year's because his ex-wife wanted him back. I've been so devastated. But what it makes me worry about is that i will get into another relationship when I just really need to focus on God and my family. Anyhow, your words are encouraging. I am still struggling with the pain of the breakup, but I appreciate you helping me get in the right mind. I'm working on it.
Raceboy, it's great that you're reaching out and praying about this. I wish with all my heart that I'd waited for the right man to be my husband. If you do decide on marriage, make sure to find someone who's equally yoked. God gave us good guidelines. They can save you from a lot of pain. I'm joining you in prayer. God bless!

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Wow! That was so powerful. Thank you. I've been married twice. Both husbands were unfaithful to me. I didn't think I'd get into another relationship, but I was looking for a friend because I was lonely, and this guy who seemed so perfect, except for not being a Christian (and how can I even call that perfect?), drew me in. And I'm sure you've seen my other posts, that he broke up with me the day after New Year's because his ex-wife wanted him back. I've been so devastated. But what it makes me worry about is that i will get into another relationship when I just really need to focus on God and my family. Anyhow, your words are encouraging. I am still struggling with the pain of the breakup, but I appreciate you helping me get in the right mind. I'm working on it.
Raceboy, it's great that you're reaching out and praying about this. I wish with all my heart that I'd waited for the right man to be my husband. If you do decide on marriage, make sure to find someone who's equally yoked. God gave us good guidelines. They can save you from a lot of pain. I'm joining you in prayer. God bless!
My wife and I dated and even lived together for several years. We broke up, and went on to have other girl/boyfriends (I was even engaged at one point), but we stayed friends. After many more years of that, as we were consoling each other over our latest break-ups, we came to realize that passionate 'love' relationships were going to come and go, it was our friends with whom we would be 'till death do us part'. So when we married it wasn't a 'promise' to be together forever, it was an acknowledgement that we were going to be anyway regardless of what went on with us.

No one should seek a 'marriage relationship'. Seek a relationship that survives while others blossom then die away. Then let marriage be the confession of that.