here is a hypothetical

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

I would consider the News a Double Win..

50 million dollars to help my brothers and sisters out.. And only 3 more months to wait to be out of this cruel, evil world and be with my loving LORD Jesus FOREVER... :D WIN WIN (y)
my only reservation would be putting a curse on your brothers and sisters. money can corrupt?

M

morefaithrequired

A curse? It written the luv of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself.
i dont have a love of money. More a hatred of poverty.
But the times I became rich in life were the times i treated others poorly. i dont care what the most popular adage is. Money CAN corrupt. It CAN change people. ive seen it so many times in others too.

M

morefaithrequired

and 50 million shared with siblings...fights over who got more?
50 million is still a big amount.
even a million? i could retire now on a million. but maybe i would become too lazy.
big money gave me a false sense of security. and it made me more arrogant than mick jagger 😁

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
my only reservation would be putting a curse on your brothers and sisters. money can corrupt?
Well the Love of Money brings the curse.. Money in itself is not evil.. So it would be up to them to use it with wisdom..

Oh and when i said i would use the money to help my Brothers and Sisters i was mostly talking about my Brothers and Sister in Christ.. I would not be giving 50 million to my genetic brothers and sisters..

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
3 months to live.
suddenly those tv programs I watch dont seem so important.
but do i need 50 million?
plan how to give it away. maybe donate 100 bucks to Christian Chat. 😂 10 bucks to Whispered if she really needs it.
Make it $20. Kitty needs a new pair of paws. :p

Seriously though, imagine all the silly things we waste our time on now thinking we have decades of life ahead. We don't value our time all that much.
Then get a wake up call that those decades are now reduced to 91 or 92 days.

Fifty million? I'd put $10 million each in a interest bearing trust account for my Goddaughter and her sister. That's $20 million gone. I'd give $10 million to St.Jude's and $10 to the Shriner's so that children could continue to be helped and healed. I'd leave $10 million to my husband.
I'd spend probably a few thousand on myself seeing the world and put the rest in various charities I like. International Wolf Center, Arbor Day Society. Hospice.

M

morefaithrequired

i would leave some money for carers in my city. ones who do 24/7 care for severely disabled. (often a family member)
ive seen enough of that scenario to know how tough that can be.
governments dont have the money it seems.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You win the lottery..50 million dollars but one week later you get a cancer verdict. 3 months to live.
Of course a strong true Christian may not be disturbed by such fluctuations of fortune in his or her life. The eternal perspective is all that matters.
My first reaction would be as a human being!! wow! I solved all my money issues! No more financial misery! But the cancer verdict would just knock me out. My enthusiasm would go down the plug hole. What a bummer!
OK get on your bike. lets try that unceasing prayer, you always talked about trying!..give the money away of course..just focus on prayer. finally I found the focus and discipline!
If I won 50 million dollars in the lottery I would buy new coffee mug regardless if I only had 3 months to live. Probably buy a 3 month supply of K-cups also.

M

morefaithrequired

id buy a new tv even i had only 3 days to live! The old one I have now has no sound. No volume. Ive managed to access the subtitle function. Now I know how the profoundly deaf feel.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Make it $20. Kitty needs a new pair of paws. :p

Seriously though, imagine all the silly things we waste our time on now thinking we have decades of life ahead. We don't value our time all that much.
Then get a wake up call that those decades are now reduced to 91 or 92 days.

Fifty million? I'd put $10 million each in a interest bearing trust account for my Goddaughter and her sister. That's $20 million gone. I'd give $10 million to St.Jude's and $10 to the Shriner's so that children could continue to be helped and healed. I'd leave $10 million to my husband.
I'd spend probably a few thousand on myself seeing the world and put the rest in various charities I like. International Wolf Center, Arbor Day Society. Hospice.
I would give St. Jude a substantial sum also. Shriner's also. Rest to wife, daughter, grandchildren, step children and siblings. I was serious about the coffee mug and 3 month supply of K-cups though.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Well, in truth, none of knows the number of our days. If I won the lottery I could have an accident two days later. The diagnosis could be wrong or the cancer responds to treatment. The hard part is living each day we have with the knowledge that this home is just temporary (yes I realize I'm being no fun at all). Mark Twain said that the only unbearable thing is to know the number of our days. I think that if you believed you only had a certain about of time, be it a day/week/month/year or even decade, it would hamper how you lived.
My choices would also be influenced by what the disease was doing to me in terms of pain, mobility, balance etc. If I was in good health, so to speak, I'd be traveling with friends and family. I'd also take time alone so that I could process it. I'd also appreciate the heads up so that I could make sure I had all my paperwork and legacy items ready. Those are my thoughts.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You win the lottery..50 million dollars but one week later you get a cancer verdict. 3 months to live.
Of course a strong true Christian may not be disturbed by such fluctuations of fortune in his or her life. The eternal perspective is all that matters.
My first reaction would be as a human being!! wow! I solved all my money issues! No more financial misery! But the cancer verdict would just knock me out. My enthusiasm would go down the plug hole. What a bummer!
OK get on your bike. lets try that unceasing prayer, you always talked about trying!..give the money away of course..just focus on prayer. finally I found the focus and discipline!
Has that actually happened to anyone...be interesting to find out if that actually did.
I suppose you would leave it in your will for someone else to spend because you couldnt spend millions each day for 3 months. You could place it in a trust and fund something, stipulating its for this and that after you are gone.

I guess God knows who needs that kind of money as Hes the one listening to all the prayers, so you could ask Him where it ought to go. I recall George Mueller founded an orphanage, didnt ask anyone for money but just asked God and He provided in miraculous ways.

There are still many orphans around the world that need food and shelter..in places like Vietnam and Mongolia. Wartorn countries where they are unable to provide for themselves.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I was waiting in the OP for “what would you do?” I’ll answer that anyhow.

Ok if I was in that situation I’d do a few things. One, tithe to my church first off. Second, divide it amongst myself, my mother, and my sister. Third, I would put a lot aside for cancer treatment/medical expenses/a nurse. I’d probably not have much left...I’d have to see what God would want me to do. And I’d have to walk day by day.

Sadly I’d probably have that attitude of “oh hey I can spread the gospel a bunch now!! I’m gonna die, what can they do to me?” Or I think I would at least. Which shouldn’t matter...