Hey, guys! I'm not exactly sure what to put here, so I guess I'll just explain my spiritual journey.
I was born into a Christian family and was baptized when I was an infant and went to a Presbyterian church regularly as a young child. I definitely loved Jesus and knew He loved me. However, this was lost after my parents divorced and my mom stopped taking me to church. Without church, there was no connection between God and me, as I didn't know we were supposed to have a relationship with him at home as well as at church.
For a few years after that I didn't really think about God, I just did what I felt I needed to, such as going to school. When I was in middle school, my dad started taking me to his church every other Sunday, which was also Presbyterian. If I'm being honest, I didn't like it. I had gone so many years without God and I didn't think I needed Him, and the fact my dad was forcing me to go didn't make it any better.
After I stopped going to church with him, I didn't go again until my junior year of high school. I had a problem with my stepdad and had my friend come over and she invited me to go to youth group at her church with her that evening. I said yes, as an "anything to get out of his house." I enjoyed it, everyone was so nice to me and I asked her if she could take me again that Sunday. That day was an interesting one for me, as her church was Pentecostal and a whole world different from any church I had ever been to, but I enjoyed it. That was the beginning of my new relationship with Christ. I went to church every Sunday and every Wednesday with her, although my relationship with God was still virtually non-existent.
It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I met an evangelist at my college campus that I realized there's more to being a Christian than just going to church every week and finally gave my life to the Lord. I've started doing weekly Bible study with her, going back to church (this time a non-denominational one,) and I was baptized last Sunday (a week ago.) Even though it hasn't been very long, I've never felt closer to God than I do now. While I still have a lot to learn, I've already learned so much, and I can't wait for the great many years that await me.
Sorry if that was a bit too long, I wanted to include everything.
If you read all of it, thank you for taking your time!
I was born into a Christian family and was baptized when I was an infant and went to a Presbyterian church regularly as a young child. I definitely loved Jesus and knew He loved me. However, this was lost after my parents divorced and my mom stopped taking me to church. Without church, there was no connection between God and me, as I didn't know we were supposed to have a relationship with him at home as well as at church.
For a few years after that I didn't really think about God, I just did what I felt I needed to, such as going to school. When I was in middle school, my dad started taking me to his church every other Sunday, which was also Presbyterian. If I'm being honest, I didn't like it. I had gone so many years without God and I didn't think I needed Him, and the fact my dad was forcing me to go didn't make it any better.
After I stopped going to church with him, I didn't go again until my junior year of high school. I had a problem with my stepdad and had my friend come over and she invited me to go to youth group at her church with her that evening. I said yes, as an "anything to get out of his house." I enjoyed it, everyone was so nice to me and I asked her if she could take me again that Sunday. That day was an interesting one for me, as her church was Pentecostal and a whole world different from any church I had ever been to, but I enjoyed it. That was the beginning of my new relationship with Christ. I went to church every Sunday and every Wednesday with her, although my relationship with God was still virtually non-existent.
It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I met an evangelist at my college campus that I realized there's more to being a Christian than just going to church every week and finally gave my life to the Lord. I've started doing weekly Bible study with her, going back to church (this time a non-denominational one,) and I was baptized last Sunday (a week ago.) Even though it hasn't been very long, I've never felt closer to God than I do now. While I still have a lot to learn, I've already learned so much, and I can't wait for the great many years that await me.
Sorry if that was a bit too long, I wanted to include everything.
If you read all of it, thank you for taking your time!
