Hi guys

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Why you don't speak tagalog? Where do you live?
I grew up in the US, but when I was around 8 we traveled to the Philippines and I spoke fluent tagalog (my parents spoke it at home)... but I always wanted to be like my american friends so I did not like speaking tagalog and after so many years I can only speak it a little with some difficulty, but I can usually understand others when they speak it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I grew up in the US, but when I was around 8 we traveled to the Philippines and I spoke fluent tagalog (my parents spoke it at home)... but I always wanted to be like my american friends so I did not like speaking tagalog and after so many years I can only speak it a little with some difficulty, but I can usually understand others when they speak it.
I didn't realize that you grew up speaking Tagalog.

The chances are pretty good that "if" you were to be immersed in Tagalog it would come back pretty quickly. That's the neat thing about the human brain, it rarely ever truly forgets anything, it just stores information away and the longer the span of time since a piece of information has been needed, the deeper it gets buried.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My younger brother's wife is from the Philippines and she speaks Tagalog as well as perfect English. He met her online, went to see her and brought her back to the US. Been happily married for 20 years and have a son who is now in college. I understand very little about the culture but do have a souvenir T shirt though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My name is Gerlyn.. I am a filipina.. I'm glad to join this christian group.. I hope i meet new friends Here.. God bless
There are quite a few peeps here from your country so you should feel right at home. There are plenty of members to consider becoming friends with once you have made their acquaintance. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I didn't realize that you grew up speaking Tagalog.

The chances are pretty good that "if" you were to be immersed in Tagalog it would come back pretty quickly. That's the neat thing about the human brain, it rarely ever truly forgets anything, it just stores information away and the longer the span of time since a piece of information has been needed, the deeper it gets buried.
Yea, it just takes me awhile to remember the words when i try to speak it but they eventually come back to me.