Highschool Years!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My 50th H.S reunion will be a year earlier. I too have no desire to reconnect.
I was bullied, put down, threatened and disrespected back then.
I have forgiven, but still do not want anything to do with old classmates...
I feel the same way. I have not contacted a single student of my grad class since I left.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I never went back
Junior year still had some fights and bullying
When i left that school with 10th grade i was happy that i made it without beating any teachers up
11th...was great first but more bullying came along. .im happy when I am done with my accociats degree

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I like to hear some u adult highschool stories. If you have gone to highschool and what were ur exprience in highschool? Also do u ever plan on going to a highschool reuinon? Were u a shy, nerdy, popular, jock or had any friends at school?
Ew High School...lol

I see it as a quick blur. I literally talk to no one from HS now. No, I didn't go to my reunion and there were only 10 people even there.

I don't really consider myself in any of those categories. I was into music and art a lot so I had "friends" there. I had 1 boy friend or another the entire time. I thought most of the guys were okay, including the popular ones. I didn't hang out with other girls much. They were really catty. I remember literally laughing when a girl made fun of my nose, eye brow...I don't even remember it was that bizarre.

As an adult looking back I honestly think there was a lot of stuff going on behind closed doors in HS. It led to very strange behavior. For example one of the guys I talked to lost his dad to suicide. He was always a little off, but it got to the point I didn't know what he was talking about. Looking back I think a lot of the kids were on drugs too so I could only see the off behavior. I didn't think about it back then bc I didn't do that. Now the school is known for a lot of drugs.

My best friend from college actually graduated early at 16 bc she was home schooled. That's probably what I'll have my son do when he's that age or cyber school. There are just so many options now and it's nice thinking outside of the box.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I only went to get a diploma. Didn't play sports or join any clubs. I worked part time and converted a 66 Buick Skylark into a muscle car in the 12th grade.. 430 cubic inches and an 850 Holley carb. Passed everything except a gas station. But gas was only about 35 cents a gallon then.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Out of a grad class of about 1100 I may have had 10 friends and 1 girlfriend.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
My high school days were actually really nice! I kinda bounced around the social sphere pretty drastically.

The first couple years I was a super nerd and would wear a fleece cat ear hat. Like in public. Yeah I know 🤣

After sophomore year I decided to distance myself from that crowd because I noticed some of their tendencies were a bit...lewd? Yeah. After that I hung out with the choir kids, which tended to be an awesome combination of all kinds of groups. It was some of the best years of school before college.

Jul 22, 2019
USA
Highschool is definitely a defining time of our lives. I have had some pretty good memories and the experience has helped me shape my life. Though I did not know this back then, it has influenced me tremendously.

But I do wish i had concentrated a bit more on my academics when I had the chance in highschool. I was always late in submitting class work or finished it too late and never had taken much effort into it. Even when I needed help, I was too shy to ask for it. It was only when I am in college that I came to know about these writers https://essaypro.com/custom-essay-writers.html who could help you with any kind of homework. They have made my life a lot easier in my college.

So cherish your life in highschool and do not waste the precious opportunities you would get there.

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
My school days ended two years ago. In those days I made many friends but in the end ended up distancing myself from them because of their bad influences. I was in the bad boys class for those who had given up on their studies, but near the end I got serious about studying and helped others get good grades. My friendships were always project-oriented, I could not keep a relationship without a common goal we worked for together. Eventually they started pursuing evil goals so I had to leave. The best thing about high school was the paper ball fights, I was unbeatable at that. I'd grab 5 balls in each hand and shoot them all in just 2-3 seconds.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I like to hear some u adult highschool stories. If you have gone to highschool and what were ur exprience in highschool? Also do u ever plan on going to a highschool reuinon? Were u a shy, nerdy, popular, jock or had any friends at school?
welcome to cc and BLESSINGS! Simply put I was a true nerd,when IT WASN'T ON TO BE ONE😉😂😂😂I have always went " my" own way!💖💖💖

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I went to the 5th worst public high school in California, it was pretty crazy to be honest we had riots and different gang wars on a weekly basis. Back then i spent a lot of time just ditching class doing shady stuff and tagging on the bathroom walls. I wasn't part of any gang but i would often cross out other gangs graffiti or add funny stuff over theirs. Like for example the Crips would write their stuff and say something along the lines of F blood gang. I'd come along and write "F you both" and write something dumb like "Booty gang" and draw a bunch of butts on the wall. The funniest part would be how i would see what i wrote crossed out the next day and they'd be like "F booty gang!" all seriously like it was a legit gang worthy of being responded to lol. I seriously did that for 2 years without getting caught, i ended up switching schools though.

I was pretty popular because i got along with most people, (you really had to if you wanted to survive and live well without being victimized). I have a lot of crazy stories about that school, but most of them have way too much content for cc though.

As for a reunion... I doubt it. Also they changed that school into preparatory academy. I drove past there a few years ago and all of the students had on ties and uniforms, quite the contrast from what it used to be. Also im pretty sure at least half of the people
i used to hang out with are either dead or in prison, so nah i wouldn't want to go.

T

TheIndianGirl

I only keep in touch with one friend from high school now. I liked high school and loved some parts of high school (enjoyable classes and band (and everything that goes with band such as going to football games, competitions, band trips, etc.)). I guess I was considered shy but smart in high school, I only basically hung out with a few people. I enjoyed my life right after college more (22-27ish), than either high school or college. I did not and do not plan on going to the reunions. I also quit Facebook recently so I have disconnected from everyone in high school except that one friend.

T

tstumf

High school was an awkward time for me. I spent k-8 grades at a one room rural country school with a total of 12 kids in the entire school ,all farm kids usually. …I know, I bet you thought those haven’t existed for a hundred years….In Nebraska we had those little schools reminiscent of the American wild west era up till around the early 2000s. But I digress.
I was homeschooled, well technically self schooled at home through Abeka homeschool VHS tapes for my freshman high school year which was a failure. The isolation became too much to bare. i lived 15 miles from the nearest paved road . I came into the Public schools as an outsider with no social skills. Was quiet, shy. When I did say something It was the wrong thing at the wrong time and was subject to ridicule. Never took to fighting cause my family was a “turn the other cheek” no matter what so I took it. It was an awful time for me. The entire class besides me had been together since their kindergarten years so I was the stranger who fell in with the social outcasts of other grade levels.

Junior year was the toughest. was my first kiss with a first date which then led to a trusted first friend betrayal which ultimately caused my first heartbreak to which I fell very very hard. I had some home problems begin to emerge at the same time with a mentally ill mother so I lost a critical support system early on. I had no real support network at home so I didn’t get to participate in sports or prom my junior year.Senior year was a blur and a pity date for prom and my graduating class was a whopping 20 students! I’ve never been to a class reunion and the 15 year class reunion is coming up and really I probably don’t intend to go to that one either. I keep tabs on a few classmates through facebooking ,why I don’t know because the friendships are really mere acquaintances now. I leave a like here and there but as far as conversations go with anyone it just doesn’t happen. That’s my HS story.