History and the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 16, 2024
Where was God when Hitler and Stolin were in power? I've been so stuck on that. I cannot believe that those poor people weren't praying and asking for help and mercy. Does the Bible explain that? I always pray for the US and World. But, I am not better than those that were starved, murdered and tortured. Can someone explain that for me? BTW, I do realize that those two horrible times were not the only ones. And that Christians and Jews continue to be persecuted.

Aug 23, 2024
Where was God when Hitler and Stolin were in power? I've been so stuck on that. I cannot believe that those poor people weren't praying and asking for help and mercy. Does the Bible explain that? I always pray for the US and World. But, I am not better than those that were starved, murdered and tortured. Can someone explain that for me? BTW, I do realize that those two horrible times were not the only ones. And that Christians and Jews continue to be persecuted.
Vjkulp,

" Good can exist without evil, whereas evil cannot exist without good." Thomas Aquinas

If we never left the garden or if we were in heaven, we would exist in an environment where there is no evil present, but since we live on the earth where the devil has dominion, there will always be evil people until the end.

Jul 2, 2011
The world is where it is because mankind is allowed to do whatever he will, without consulting our Father.
We all suffer, even we who love Elohim, but we know it is due to the will of anyone other than the Father, though He allows it. None suffer as did He on the Cross for our sins.
This may be a meditation for some, but it is the way of a world thinking it is the last stop with no help from our Father.
I am not brave, yet I believe we must all suffer with Jesus Yeshua. If Elohim intervenes before the works are don for the salvation of all who believe Him, we are lost.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"If your God is so good
Tell us, why all the pain?"
I'm not sure, not so sure
That God is to blame

- Chris Rice

The Black Plague would be better suited for your intent. Just saying.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
God gave authority over the whole earth to Adam and Eve. Adam disobeyed God and allied himself to Satan, following Eve's example. The result is the catastrophic mess you see now. It will get worse.

Jesus came as the Last Adam and defeated Satan. Jesus did what Adam failed to do - obey God. Rebellion leading to disobedience is the root of every evil. Jesus was entirely righteous.

Lord Jesus gave His authority and power to believers. Christians are the real authority on the earth now. The problem is that most Christians fail to exercise that authority. Sometimes its ignorance, sometimes spiritual laziness and also because Christians fail to be 100% consecrated.

When I was in the military, my life was not my own. I did what I was told, went where I was sent, ate the food they supplied, wore the uniform they required and learned whatever was necessary to fulfill the role I had. I had little to do with civilians and an entirely different outlook on life. God calls us to be warriors. We also should be focused on the war that rages between Satan and God's people. In Christ, we are already victorious. Satan should have been cast into the lake of fire by now. But the church has become complacent and focused on selfish desires. There are some who know the truth and live it. Not nearly enough.

God's way with fallen humanity is simple. Let them do as they please. Read Romans 1:18-32 to discover what this means.

God is intervening as His people pray. There were many allied victories in WW2 when believers interceded. Israel is prevailing against her enemies in spite of the overwhelming odds against her. People are still coming to Christ, even in hell holes such as Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan. Obviously you will hear nothing good from the world's media. Be assured that God is on the throne and His will shall be done. The Kingdom of God will come to pass. The question is, are you 100% committed to the will of God? Are you a part of the problem or a part of the answer? Only you and God know that for sure.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You sound just like I am. I always tell others not to worry it will get worse, and knowing what and why. Some understand while others ae perplexed or just think I have gone gaga.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
You sound just like I am. I always tell others not to worry it will get worse, and knowing what and why. Some understand while others ae perplexed or just think I have gone gaga.
It's always darkest just before dawn. Jesus said to lift up our heads when we see these things. Bad news for the world, good news for believers.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where was God? Right where He has always been: on His throne, ruling over all creation.

It's easy to look at the problems in the world and conclude that God is either absent or uncaring, but that would be ignorant. In fact, God is present and cares very much what happens to all people, good and evil, for He wants all to repent and come to the knowledge of the truth.

We tend to overlook a few things: first, God is both sovereign and good. Second, the first humans chose to rebel, unleashing a cascade of terrible consequences, the most terrible of which is that human nature is fundamentally "bad". Third, there are other forces at work (evil spiritual beings) with an agenda to destroy creation and specifically, humanity. Fourth, God does not promise peace and safety in this life, for the full plan for us does not end with earthly death. Fifth, there will be judgment.

I would encourage you to read and ponder Psalm 73. Verses 16-17 say, "When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny."

Oct 16, 2024
Psalm 100:5 - "For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

There are also miracles, blessings, comforting, healing, etc. I know God is the creator, the only God and the most magnificent.

How can a person be so evil that they hurt another person and/or child? I cannot think of any rational explanation. It makes me sad.