HOME Thread for Christian Singles and Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Good morning my CC peeps. I wish everyone a happy Sabbath, today. Spend some time to lift up the name of the Lord. For He is good and His mercy and truth endures forever.

Psalms 100:5 "For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

H

Hamarr

Hola. It’s snowy out again. This is a good weekend to have a lazy Sunday.

littlelady

Dec 28, 2015
I heard this song "Out of Hiding" by Steffany Gertzinger this week and it is just beautiful ❤ well worth a listen!

H

Hamarr

I refuse to accept that it is Monday morning. Hopefully my boss agrees. 😛

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Good morning everyone! :love:

The early bird gets the coffee! :love::coffee:(y) Everybody else gets the worm.......lol! :LOL::giggle::sick:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I am tired, I have been running most of the day. So I am just going to say goodnight. I will try to do better tomorrow. Sleep well peeps.

Stare at the fuzzy dots below with both eyes open and look at the whole screen at once. They seem to pulse eventually. Optical illusion. Hardiharhar....

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Guten Morgen my fellow peeps. I will wish you a fine Tuesday, filled with the love of God. Grab a cuppa and let's do this!

View attachment 194205

Morning, Deade! :love:

Got my coffee and already laughing and being ridiculously amazing!! LOL! :giggle:

Wishing everyone a fabulous day! Love to all of you! :love:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hello CharlieRenee, I decided to post a couple points about David here instead of the message box. 1. There is more room to work. 2. Others can read and benefit also.

Do you know what an executive secretary is? Very high corporate executives have very powerful secretaries if they are effective. How do they gain this power? By learning the mind of the boss. If you work for very long with the same executive you learn how they would decide on most matters. The smaller decisions, the secretary usually goes ahead and decides for the boss so as not to bother them with the mundane. If completely trusted, the secretary has a signature stamp from the boss. The executive has more free time and a lot less papers to sign.

David is like God's executive secretary. He has learned how God thinks through trial and error. That takes faith to tackle something hard or dangerous expecting God's deliverance. It takes even more faith to look at it afterward and see God's hand in it. The following is David explaining to Saul how he expects God to deliver Goliath into his hands:

1 Sam. 17:32-39 "And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth. And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee." :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee." :)

This trial and error is like working out our own salvation, (still not squared away on that verse) growing in faith and surrender. Again, it isnt about me, or any of us, drilling that in my noggins knowing, lol. It is ALL about Him.

The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.

Rest and Surrender are options when we trust and know who holds the Key.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Glory be to God and His tender-mercies.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello CharlieRenee, I decided to post a couple points about David here instead of the message box. 1. There is more room to work. 2. Others can read and benefit also.

Do you know what an executive secretary is? Very high corporate executives have very powerful secretaries if they are effective. How do they gain this power? By learning the mind of the boss. If you work for very long with the same executive you learn how they would decide on most matters. The smaller decisions, the secretary usually goes ahead and decides for the boss so as not to bother them with the mundane. If completely trusted, the secretary has a signature stamp from the boss. The executive has more free time and a lot less papers to sign.

David is like God's executive secretary. He has learned how God thinks through trial and error. That takes faith to tackle something hard or dangerous expecting God's deliverance. It takes even more faith to look at it afterward and see God's hand in it. The following is David explaining to Saul how he expects God to deliver Goliath into his hands:

1 Sam. 17:32-39 "And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth. And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee." :)
Morning CC friends! :love::coffee:

So glad you responded to CharliRenee here, Deade. Great post!

I find it interesting that Saul was looking for his father's donkey (unclean animal) when Samuel found him to anoint Saul as King and Saul tried to hide and was fearful of being king.......... David was tending to his father's sheep (clean animal) when Samuel anointed David and David showed no signs of fear.......:unsure:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
David's Adventures - Episode 2

While David starts running from Saul to preserve his life, we get some more hints about how well he knew God. David and a few of his men came to Nob:

1 Sam. 21:1-9 “Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech was afraid at the meeting of David, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee? And David said unto Ahimelech the priest, The king hath commanded me a business, and hath said unto me, Let no man know any thing of the business whereabout I send thee, and what I have commanded thee: and I have appointed my servants to such and such a place. Now therefore what is under thine hand? give me five loaves of bread in mine hand, or what there is present. And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women. And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have been kept from us about these three days, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessel. So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away. Now a certain man of the servants of Saul was there that day, detained before the LORD; and his name was Doeg, an Edomite, the chiefest of the herdmen that belonged to Saul. And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste. And the priest said, The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom thou slewest in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod: if thou wilt take that, take it: for there is no other save that here. And David said, There is none like that; give it me.”

Now how did David know that God would allow him the day-old showbread so his men could keep going. Normally the day-old holy bread was eaten by the priests or burnt. Matt. 12:4 ”How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?” He knew because he was the executive secretary.

A side note here: David lied to the priest about being on a secret mission for the king to protect the priests from knowingly rendering aid to a fugitive. It did not do any good, Saul blamed and killed all the priests and their families anyway (1 Sam. 22:17-19). Nice guy! :cool: