How did God die for our sins, if God cannot die?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 6, 2020
Jesus' Divinity predates Adam. Why do you keep rejecting this? And claiming Jesus is human, only???
I never claimed Jesus is human only. I have explicitly stated Jesus is fully human and fully divine. He is both. As such it is not possible for him to be solely fully divine, as such he cannot predate Adam.

E

EleventhHour

Precisely. Jesus was not anywhere before he became a human. 'Jesus' refers to the fully human, fully divine incarnation of God.
I can agree to this ... however we do read that "the Logos" a part of God... the Word/Logos becoming flesh

Oct 6, 2020
Here you reject Jesus' Divinity once again while playing at acceptance of it. God is omnipresent, not "nowhere" as you claim.
Im literally acknowledging Jesus' divinity. I hate to be rude, but are you being wilfully ignorant? I'm aware God is omnipresent. I never claimed God was 'nowhere'. God inhabits everything.

E

eternally-gratefull

Precisely. Jesus was not anywhere before he became a human. 'Jesus' refers to the fully human, fully divine incarnation of God.
Jesus is a name given to a human child born if Mary. A human body. Which the god of Israel entered so that he could die For mankind
As you said God can not die. So God has to become human no human could die for the sin if Mankind. Only God could this God had to become Man

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
hahaha very nice!!! I like your random deer popping its head out of the bushes. It is great to hear from you again! I will pray for your to have a complete recovery (refuah shlemah) for you! :) G-d needs you to help others! You are tough cookie. Get out, exercise a bit, study more! The greatest cure is to study more and more! "Man shall not live on bread alone, but every Word that comes out of the mouth of the L-rd"! :) I hope your day is excellent!
The deer represents our thirsting after God :)

Thank you so much for your well wishes! You are a sweet heart, and I wish you a wonderful day also
:love:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Im literally acknowledging Jesus' divinity. I hate to be rude, but are you being wilfully ignorant? I'm aware God is omnipresent. I never claimed God was 'nowhere'. God inhabits everything.
If you acknowledge Jesus' Divinity, you cannot say He was nowhere before His incarnation. You vacillate on this point, and it it is not ignorance on my part to point this out to you, but discernment.

Happy2020

Oct 5, 2020
If you acknowledge Jesus' Divinity, you cannot say He was nowhere before His incarnation. You vacillate on this point, and it it is not ignorance on my part to point this out to you, but discernment.
This will go in circles like a marry-go-round until you just let her be. May G-d guide her wisdom and a clear path to see the Light! Until then, May G-d have much patience :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I never claimed Jesus is human only. I have explicitly stated Jesus is fully human and fully divine. He is both. As such it is not possible for him to be solely fully divine, as such he cannot predate Adam.
You have multiple claimed Jesus was human, only, and even claimed I said Jesus was human and left off (deliberately) that Jesus is both human and Divine. You on the other hand go back and forth on this point. In His Divinity, Jesus predates Adam. Your anti-Christ spirit repeatedly refuses to acknowledge this.

Oct 6, 2020
I can agree to this ... however we do read that "the Logos" a part of God... the Word/Logos becoming flesh
I'm glad you agree. I feel like I'm expressing something entirely simple that is not being understood.

The Logos existed. Jesus did not. Jesus refers to the fully human, fully divine incarnation of God. If Jesus is not fully human, then Jesus is not Jesus by definition. 1 is not 2. A is not B.

A is A.

K

kaylagrl

There is no 'Jesus as God'.

My question to you "Jesus was fully human and fully God. You you agree or disagree?"

Your answer "I agree."

So did you lie in your response or are you trolling?

Oct 6, 2020
You have multiple claimed Jesus was human, only, and even claimed I said Jesus was human and left off (deliberately) that I never said just that, but that Jesus is both human and Divine. You on the other hand go back and forh on this point. In His Divinity, Jesus predates Adam. Your anti-Christ spirit repeatedly refuses to acknowledge this.
Prove it 🤷‍♀️

And a human can't predate the first human. That's logically impossible.

Oct 6, 2020
My question to you "Jesus was fully human and fully God. You you agree or disagree?"

Your answer "I agree."

So did you lie in your response or are you trolling?
God is God. Jesus is the carnal manifestation of God. This is my understanding. I apologise for any ambiguity on my part.

E

EleventhHour

I'm glad you agree. I feel like I'm expressing something entirely simple that is not being understood.

The Logos existed. Jesus did not. Jesus refers to the fully human, fully divine incarnation of God. If Jesus is not fully human, then Jesus is not Jesus by definition. 1 is not 2. A is not B.

A is A.
Yes I agree Jesus was not in heaven as "Jesus the human and divine" before He came to earth, yet God did manifest himself in human form in the OT ... theophanies.

K

kaylagrl

A is A.

You can be understood, you don't want to be understood. Your response to me proves that. Jesus is the Logos. Jesus was/is both fully divine and fully human. To this you said you agreed. 1 is 2, Jesus is God, A is B, He was also fully human. A is A Jesus is/was both human and divine.