How do Christian men feel about single mothers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Matthew

I hope i didnt offend, sometimes i have an automatic reflex to capitilize words, il be talkign and then to emphesize I will CAPITALIZE...and somtiems it may seem liek im yelling haha :) im not.

And by YOU i didnt mean YOU, but YOU as in ME, Man, anyone reading this. I shoudl have made it more clear i guess. and i used the word Challenging becasue you had used it first, so i wanted say that if a man DID find it chalenging like you said some would then maybe it would NOT be for them. And i didnt give you any advice, really, jsut further expounded on my original intent that maybe you were confused on. But maybe you were nto and i mistook, if i did sorry. haha Im used to the Fast pace accusational sarcasm and beat downs of the Bilbe studdy forum , haha so maybe im a bit out of my element.

EITHER way its not for every man. but if JESUS is the oen who is central than ALL thigns are posible and NOT ahrd at all, becasue its HIM doing it. and we rely on HIM. and then all thigns will work for GOOD becasue we love HIM. and HIS love wil shine, and show forth through the HUSBAND who will ove his WIFE like JESUS, love the Baby like JEsus ,adn love the Natural father like Jesus, if indeed he is still i nthe picture.
I understood all you were saying, I agree with you.
A simple misunderstanding it was, I was not offended in any way, I just wanted to make sure that my position was clear.
It's all good. :)
I was slightly thrown by the capitalised words and your use of pronouns, but now I know ;)

C

Catlynn

I couldn't agree more. ^_^

D

Deadflesh

I understood all you were saying, I agree with you.
A simple misunderstanding it was, I was not offended in any way, I just wanted to make sure that my position was clear.
It's all good. :)
I was slightly thrown by the capitalised words and your use of pronouns, but now I know ;)
I figgured. :) Just felt to iron it all out brother. Jesus bless you.

C

Catlynn

:) I have been so blessed by this thread and the godly men on CC. Thanks everyone!

J

Jullianna

Seems like folks forget that for every single mom, there is a single dad out there too (unless he's not living), whether he's taking responsibility or not, right? Whether a single parent is the mom or dad, I think it's awesome that they man up/woman up and lovingly raise rather than abandon their children. It's a very tough job.

I married a man who had a young son. The boy's mom deserted them both when the boy was 8 years old. The fact that he was raising his boy in a godly way was one of the things I respected most about him, and from the time I married him I wanted to help him raise his son as my own.

We had a child as well, and when my husband died, I became the single parent. I don't regret one minute of it. I don't know how I would have made it though otherwise..or even whether I would have wanted to. Children are blessings in ways we never imagine.

My mom had me and married an awesome guy with FOUR kids. We had an incredible life. :)

Don't be discouraged. There are lots of happy endings for single parents. <3

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Wow Jullianna, I always just assumed that your son was YOUR son. Most people would have handed him back to his biological family and moved on. I have only known of one other who has taken on the raising of the child of a departed spouse as their own. Your actions speak a lot of your love and dedication to your husband. My hat is off to you.

J

Jullianna

There are actually two boys. My stepson was 8 when I married his dad and helped raise him. I'm only 10 years older than he is. :) He is married and has kids of his own now, and I love them all very much. Becoming an instant mom at 18 was a real eyeopener. haha

My husband and I also had a son together. He's the one who is in college now.

I'm very thankful for my stepson because he's a badly needed male figure in the younger one's life and can share things about their dad that I might never think of. :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Notices that if he read with comprehension, he would have caught that. Doh.

J

Jullianna

LOL! It's okay. It is a little confusing. :) I don't get to see my stepson or his family as often as I would like since I moved North, so I don't talk about them very much.

C

Catlynn

Wow Jullianna, how encouraging! Great wisdom. ^_^

R

reborn_on_fire

Now, first and foremost, I am NOT looking for a date or a pity party. lol
I'm wondering how guys who are sold out to Jesus feel about Christian women who have messed up in their past and are now single moms? Opinions, thoughts, viewpoints and general comments are all welcome! ^_^
Well I am a single Christian man and I can not speak for every one just only my self. I dont have any problem with single mothers at all, and just remember children are a blessing from God. I don't care who you are we all have sinned and made mistakes but that is in the past. I my self would not have a problem dating a single mother at all its just more I can get out of the relationship if it go some where you know more people to love and love me back. For myself I had a 10+ year drug addiction am covered in tattoos and God still loves me and forgive me for my sins. Being a single mother gives you a great ministry opportunity there are a lot of people going though the same thing and you being a Christian can talk to them where they can understand and tell them of Gods love and faithfulness. God uses our past to minister to others because some times that's the only way they will listen. God bless you.

C

Catlynn

Well I am a single Christian man and I can not speak for every one just only my self. I dont have any problem with single mothers at all, and just remember children are a blessing from God. I don't care who you are we all have sinned and made mistakes but that is in the past. I my self would not have a problem dating a single mother at all its just more I can get out of the relationship if it go some where you know more people to love and love me back. For myself I had a 10+ year drug addiction am covered in tattoos and God still loves me and forgive me for my sins. Being a single mother gives you a great ministry opportunity there are a lot of people going though the same thing and you being a Christian can talk to them where they can understand and tell them of Gods love and faithfulness. God uses our past to minister to others because some times that's the only way they will listen. God bless you.

Totally true! Our testimonies are so important!
.....tattoos aren't a sin.....lol

O

onelastwish

I've asked myself this question numerous times over the past 12 months... I am a single mommy to an awesome 18 month old little girl, but kinda new to being single thing again. I haven't date anyone yet, and in way, I'm scared to! When I first started back wanting to find a "home" church, I was met with discouragement as a few churches I had visited with my daughter pretty much "condemned" us since I was no longer with her father (divorce). I wont get into my whole situation, but me and my daughter left him due to safety issues. I was really hurt and felt attacked by the churches for simply not being with my daughter's dad anymore. I'm glad I stuck my church seeking out and finally found an amazing church where both my daughter and I can thrive in the Lord! Now I'm wondering if I will be rejected from guys, like the churches, simply because I have a daughter...

It's a somewhat awkward time, but have FAITH :)

God will provide!

B

Bobbyking

Oh my! What a response. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions! I agree that any man worth being with won't have a problem with Kyla at all. I know that God has forgiven me and I give my all to Him on a daily basis now. I was just wondering how it might make a man feel. There have been times as a mom that I've felt shame and I guess...unattractive? But not because of looks but because I had a daughter. God has healed me inside and out and turned this consequence of sin into such a HUGE blessing! XD
As a father of three girls, I have lots and lots of respect for single mothers who choose to walk right with God and raise their children in the Lord. It is not easy!

I have single-mothers who are also my close friends. I do give them priority when it comes to friendship because they need a lot of encouragement and support. i praise them for accepting the challenge to walk in freedom and to be happy (especially those whose husbands had left them for other woman).

Press On!

K

Kooper

Seems like folks forget that for every single mom, there is a single dad out there too (unless he's not living), whether he's taking responsibility or not, right? Whether a single parent is the mom or dad, I think it's awesome that they man up/woman up and lovingly raise rather than abandon their children. It's a very tough job.

I married a man who had a young son. The boy's mom deserted them both when the boy was 8 years old. The fact that he was raising his boy in a godly way was one of the things I respected most about him, and from the time I married him I wanted to help him raise his son as my own.

We had a child as well, and when my husband died, I became the single parent. I don't regret one minute of it. I don't know how I would have made it though otherwise..or even whether I would have wanted to. Children are blessings in ways we never imagine.

My mom had me and married an awesome guy with FOUR kids. We had an incredible life. :)

Don't be discouraged. There are lots of happy endings for single parents. <3
+500 Cool Points Acquired

T

Tobby17

Catlynn, i think they should be stoned to death!!!!!!...

But the person WITHOUT sin will have to cast the first stone :D..

K

Kooper

Catlynn, i think they should be stoned to death!!!!!!...

But the person WITHOUT sin will have to cast the first stone :D..
I think they have a choice to repent. I know I deserve a stone. Who knows how many rocks I actually do. But then again, I'd probably use them to build a foundation if I had to. More of my nonsense. :D

T

Tobby17

I think they have a choice to repent. I know I deserve a stone. Who knows how many rocks I actually do. But then again, I'd probably use them to build a foundation if I had to. More of my nonsense. :D
Kooper, but for your last sentence, i was going to wonder what on earth you were trying to say??.. But anyway, tanx for clarifying that it's more of your nonsense. You saved me a lot of Brain cracking...:D

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Part of this thread disturbs me. It is obvious that many in this thread tend to stereotpye single mothers. She made a "mistake". Well, FYI, not all SINGLE MOMS "made mistakes". Not all participated in premarrital sex and got pregnant. MAybe a woman is divorced for acceptable reasons and is a single mom now. Maybe she is a widow.

Just because a woman is raising a child on her own no one has the right to question her salvation.

Also, being as I am a single mom I tend to have a higher standard when I date men. Do I want a immature mommas boy? NOPE! If you cannot accpet my child then you cannot accept me. End of story.