How do you deal with pronouns

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HannahYesMe

Sep 24, 2014
While i no fan of being hateful towards these people, the debate of being born or not is pretty much a toss up. Which answer you get depends on where you look. People against it have studies saying it's a choice. Those for it will say it's not a choice. I don't know which is actually right. Nor do i care, quite honestly. It's not changing my view either way.
There are some who, admittedly, do seem to have a natural aspect of this issue. But it's also well documented that same sex sexual child abuse is also a common factor. So to say, by default, all in that lifestyle are born that way has been proven false. As to the others, again, i don't know. As studies invalidate one another.
I've also heard studies state that those who underwent gender reassignment surgery and spent their lives that way will 'forget' their altered gender and revert back to their physical gender, when dealing with issues such as Alzheimers.

Unfortunately, no matter how passionate your response seems, it simply screams 'liberally influenced college student'. Angrily ranting about gender matters while condescendingly sharing information that sounds like you're repeating what a professor taught you and raging against religious beliefs. There are countless videos on YouTube of SJW's and liberals that, literally, sound identical to how you do now. You likely view yourself as well informed, but your approach makes you sound very typical. It would seem the very approach you're condemning others for is also found in your response. Spitefully spewing information while talking down to people and mocking their belief. Then talking about others not being able to rationalize while not sounding rational yourself.
Quite honestly your post sounds no different than those you're condemning, except for the opposing view. And a lot more rage.

And i say that as a non-Christian that believes in being respectful to the same people you do. But you'll win nothing with anyone with this approach. Which is why similar people are so commonly mocked on YT. Anger, rage and passion don't prove points.
Yes, I am angry. I'm angry that people use their religion as a mask to spew hatred. Like I said in my post, I understand how I come off but its hard to come across any other way when people are disgusting and vile in their posts. Nowhere did I mock beliefs, I actually said it doesn't matter whether you believe that or not but it takes nothing to respect pronouns. And no professor taught me this. When I was in college I was a conservative who believed half the garbage the church spews in the name of Jesus. My views were shifted with research and wanting to know more about the world and the people I have interacted with. Also, you said I am being condescending but reread your post. It is the same way. Reading through this hatefulness should make any rational person angry.

HannahYesMe

Sep 24, 2014
All you people see all this written here. You see what happens when you compromise away the truth of God? Do you people see now how you let a little lie, a little leaven, and it turns into a massive abomination full of deception? Are you all not rather ashamed that you let your children become so deceived like this one here, lining up rank and file to join forces with Satan?

There are only two kingdoms; The kingdom of lies and the kingdom of truth, the kingdom of Satan and the kingdom of God. The two kingdoms can only fight eachother, they cannot fight themselves. God's kingdom will prevail and all the truth which God spoke shall come to pass and his judgements which he pronounced from times ancient will not be changed for all the lies in the world, in the name of Jesus, amen.
LOL!

HannahYesMe

Sep 24, 2014
I can see from this post some of us worship different Gods. I'm sorry if I came across as condescending but it's hard to read how some people can have such vile beliefs towards people God also created. Believe it's a sin or not, some of the things I've read have gone above and beyond with being hateful. Also regarding someones comment towards me insulting my family basically, they did raise me to believe that homosexuality and being transgender is a sin but they also raised me to be a free thinker. I didn't know that was something to chastise my parents over. I don't know. It really takes nothing away from you to respect someone's pronouns.

Feb 1, 2020
So you’re acquitting yourself and condemning her?
No I am fully convicted that I love God and his ways and I hate the world and its ways.

Man cannot serve two masters. You either love God and hate the world, or elsewise you love the world and you hate God and all his pronouncements and all those that actually believe in the mighty Lord God. You can only serve one kingdom and love the ways of one kingdom, and you will hate the other kingdom. The two kingdoms will fight eachother, they cannot fight themselves.

I agree with your stance on the seriousness of the transgression, but I suggest you are forgetting that but for the grace of God, go we.
No, I am not forgetting. You are close, so I shall give you a suggestion in turn; remember that a city on the hill cannot be hidden, and no man lights a lamp and puts it where its light cannot shine.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont understand the OP really...

I just call people by the names they want to be called by. I dont call them anything else.
sometimes when you first meet someone it might be you make a mistake and think they are male when they are female or vice versa which is an honest mistake, Ive even done that with some children at times.

But I dont think anyone should tease anybody just because they may look a certain way. and that goes not just for gender but also race.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
You’re taking Romans 9:13 grossly out of context. That’s cherry picking. No more, no less.
It's more pointing out that saying "God loves everyone" usually isn't helpful in warning people of the wrath of God. Scripture clearly indicates God hated Esau. The most loving thing for us to do is warn people of God's wrath, with the good news about His love which He showed us through Jesus' death for those who believe in Him. There is no gospel without damnation.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I can see from this post some of us worship different Gods. I'm sorry if I came across as condescending but it's hard to read how some people can have such vile beliefs towards people God also created. Believe it's a sin or not, some of the things I've read have gone above and beyond with being hateful. Also regarding someones comment towards me insulting my family basically, they did raise me to believe that homosexuality and being transgender is a sin but they also raised me to be a free thinker. I didn't know that was something to chastise my parents over. I don't know. It really takes nothing away from you to respect someone's pronouns.
I suppose to accept someone's pronouns is to share in their guilt. So when Jesus returns, He may ask the one who accepted the false pronouns why they did not instead warn the sinner of God's coming wrath.

I can't share false pronouns, but this is out of honesty, not hatred. So you shouldn't think someone hates you just because they don't accept your beliefs.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Us the persons name and not give place to the gender mistake they are making.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Use" not "Us"... i'm getting old! ha!

Billyd

May 8, 2014
He, she, it. I thought these were the appropriate pronouns to use.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
it's the "he-she" they are confused about, the "it" probably wouldn't fly either, lol!

HannahYesMe

Sep 24, 2014
I suppose to accept someone's pronouns is to share in their guilt. So when Jesus returns, He may ask the one who accepted the false pronouns why they did not instead warn the sinner of God's coming wrath.

I can't share false pronouns, but this is out of honesty, not hatred. So you shouldn't think someone hates you just because they don't accept your beliefs.
Guilt? How is there guilt? Most people I know who do not identify with their sex when they are born are very happy to be able to identify with the gender that their brain represents. I don't see how respecting someone's pronouns does any harm, but evidently, we have very different ideas of who Jesus was. I do not understand the invalidation of transgender identity. How does it harm you? And also, wherein the bible does it state God intention for gender identity? It doesn't. Gender is a construct. And please don't respond with cherry-picking the bible because the norms for the time period in which the bible was written are very different than today.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's more pointing out that saying "God loves everyone" usually isn't helpful in warning people of the wrath of God. Scripture clearly indicates God hated Esau. The most loving thing for us to do is warn people of God's wrath, with the good news about His love which He showed us through Jesus' death for those who believe in Him. There is no gospel without damnation.
Scripture tells us that Rebekah carried two nations in her womb. Esau represents the nations which are unbelievers. Edomites were enemies of Israel, and God.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Scripture tells us that Rebekah carried two nations in her womb. Esau represents the nations which are unbelievers. Edomites were enemies of Israel, and God.
So you are saying God hates unbelievers? Or the Edomites? This goes further than what I said of Cain.

My point was that God's act of love through Jesus is of no benefit to unbelievers, unless they believe. The love of God will not save a homosexual, a thief, an adulterer, a murderer, or any other class of sinner, if the sinner does not trust in God's sacrifice of His son Jesus, in the place of the sinner for the salvation of the sinner.