How do you take your coffee?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Either a wise man or a crazy man (can't remember which one it was ) once told me you can tell a lot about a person by how they take their coffee.

Do you like it strong or weak? Dark or light ? Sweet or bitter? Hot or iced? Or do you like it all ???

H

Hamarr

Black, and stronger. I use an AeroPress or French Press, or sometimes cold brew so it is already sweet.

And cold. Either cold brew, or pour it over ice after it has finished brewing. I don't like drinking hot stuff.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I like it strong and black, no cream, sugar or anything in it.
I had a male co-worker once who used to say, "I like my coffee the way I like my women - strong, undiluted, and black."

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I had a male co-worker once who used to say, "I like my coffee the way I like my women - strong, undiluted, and black."
Seems to me my grandpa had a similar saying I heard about - only for him it was sweet and blond.

As for me, I've come to despise the coffee bias that permeates American society when tea is a far superior beverage (it may be getting better in recent years, but there are still plenty of places that have only complimentary coffee and nothing for the tea drinkers (or worse they decide to use old coffee pots for tea and the tea water has undesired coffee flavoring)).

On a related note I just scored a cheap, brand new french press from the church rummage sale ( I was helping with setup), but it's for loose leaf tea and not coffee (unless it becomes a present to someone else).

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
As much as I enjoy coffee, it's not about the coffee itself but it's really about with whom you are having it and when.

The best coffee is when I'm at work early that I have the place to myself, make a fresh pot of coffee and put some creamers so I can enjoy, and find a quiet room with bible and have a private meeting with God. That's the best coffee I always have. There's always a line I use to Him - Dad, this coffee is pretty good, pretty good - and He just smiles back - and it doesn't get old.

Also, if in travel by road, get up early, stop by a gas station/center that has plenty of fresh coffee and creamers, get some hot coffee and driving while everything is still dark, with windows down so cold and fresh morning air/wind hit you mercilessly while talking with Him is pretty good too.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I ate at a restaurant in Atlanta Georgia and had the finest after dinner coffee of my life. So far. i can't decide whether it was the coffee, the coffee maker or the service, though I suspect it was the diversity of the three. The restaurant was dimly lit and the square tables were covered in white table linens. There were small candle lamps on every table and the silver tableware and china plates were prepared for dining when we were seated. The plate held a smartly folded white napkin.

After dinner the china was cleared and in lieu of desert I asked for coffee. I was never asked if I wanted decaf. It seemed to me that would have been considered bad form had I asked. In a corner of the dining area sat a silver canister about 36" high with what looked like a removable lid on the top and several valves with little spigots attached at the bottom. The spigots had porcelain handles and there were two large handles mounted on the sides. This was their coffee percolator and the waiter filled a small silver tea pot, set my table with a cup and saucer and also somehow mysteriously held a sugar container and cream in either hand when he motioned the sugar container in a slight but obvious way in my direction. I read his message cleanly and said "Just cream please" and he said "Very well sir".

The whole experience made me feel.... continental. And it was a most excellent cup of coffee.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
My most favorite way to have coffee is a flat white breve.
Second is a dark roast with sweetner and 18% coffee cream.
Medium blends are good too... As long as it's a decent brand of coffee. :)
Hot coffee and cold coffee, both yum!
*Note* flavoured coffee....blech. Thumbs down!

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I ate at a restaurant in Atlanta Georgia and had the finest after dinner coffee of my life. So far. i can't decide whether it was the coffee, the coffee maker or the service, though I suspect it was the diversity of the three. The restaurant was dimly lit and the square tables were covered in white table linens. There were small candle lamps on every table and the silver tableware and china plates were prepared for dining when we were seated. The plate held a smartly folded white napkin.

After dinner the china was cleared and in lieu of desert I asked for coffee. I was never asked if I wanted decaf. It seemed to me that would have been considered bad form had I asked. In a corner of the dining area sat a silver canister about 36" high with what looked like a removable lid on the top and several valves with little spigots attached at the bottom. The spigots had porcelain handles and there were two large handles mounted on the sides. This was their coffee percolator and the waiter filled a small silver tea pot, set my table with a cup and saucer and also somehow mysteriously held a sugar container and cream in either hand when he motioned the sugar container in a slight but obvious way in my direction. I read his message cleanly and said "Just cream please" and he said "Very well sir".

The whole experience made me feel.... continental. And it was a most excellent cup of coffee.
Please write a book...I'll read it, I dont even care what it's about.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Please write a book...I'll read it, I dont even care what it's about.
HA! Maybe I'll write one about a poor over worked everyday girl who cares after two of the meanest sisters in the south. The title will be Poor Little Miss Treated.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
HA! Maybe I'll write one about a poor over worked everyday girl who cares after two of the meanest sisters in the south. The title will be Poor Little Miss Treated.
You got my attention just reading that short description - seriously, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - 17Bees.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
My most favorite way to have coffee is a flat white breve.
Second is a dark roast with sweetner and 18% coffee cream.
Medium blends are good too... As long as it's a decent brand of coffee. :)
Hot coffee and cold coffee, both yum!
*Note* flavoured coffee....blech. Thumbs down!
Sounds like you really know your coffee!
Me? Just pour some hot coffee and mix with flavored creamers, haha.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Fresh ground select beans brewed any way, with a little cream. I hardly drink it any more, and now I drink green tea.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Black, and stronger. I use an AeroPress or French Press, or sometimes cold brew so it is already sweet.

And cold. Either cold brew, or pour it over ice after it has finished brewing. I don't like drinking hot stuff.
French press is a good coffee maker. It's like you can see a coffee bean oil slick on the top. That flat white breve TamLynn wrote about is good too. It's kinda like espresso only not as course. I'll have one if I plan on being awake the next 72 hours.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
French press is a good coffee maker. It's like you can see a coffee bean oil slick on the top. That flat white breve TamLynn wrote about is good too. It's kinda like espresso only not as course. I'll have one if I plan on being awake the next 72 hours.
I had one earlier today. It's my treat once a week (ok... sometimes twice a week!)
I tried an Americano last week, that was tastey too!:coffee:

danja

Nov 28, 2014
lately I have espresso coffee every day ,no sugar