How does "GRACE" work in a Believers life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
Or to make It sound more deep, to those who crave understanding,faith In the cross.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
What is grace? Specifically, what is God's Grace?

Grace is much different than Justice and Mercy:
  • Justice is getting the bad that we deserve. (getting exactly what we deserve, which in our case is death)
  • Mercy is NOT getting the bad that we deserve. (again, death)
  • Grace is getting good that we do not deserve. (eternal life, plus all the good that God wants to give us)
Thank you Jesus!
So you are saying the wages of sin is not death? or...the soul that sins it shall NOT die? Isn't that exactly what the devil said to Eve?

I think you are not understanding grace or the gospel.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
So you are saying the wages of sin is not death? or...the soul that sins it shall NOT die? Isn't that exactly what the devil said to Eve?

im specifying the difference since many dont know..they think Grace is earned..

From the Bible, Romans 6:23 (King James Version): For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You didnt put in the WHOLE scripture..BUT..THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE...

Sin seperates us from God but Jesus death providded us a way to be reconciled to God again through His blood and our asking for forgiveness..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Ive written many posts on here about grace..please review those as well and dont jump on one before you say i have no understanding or put false twisted understanding to my words. Thanks ;)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
To believe that a person need no understanding to be saved is called universalism. This comes from demon spirits. You should talk to a Pastor asap! You are over the age of accountability!
Your response is laughably off the mark. You have made a massive leap to an unfounded conclusion. Step back about thirty miles and reconsider what I wrote without assuming automatically that I am wrong.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018

From the Bible, Romans 6:23 (King James Version): For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin seperates us from God but Jesus death providded us a way to be reconciled to God again through His blood and our asking for forgiveness..
I know the 2nd part...I am saying that you are negating the first part...

what you are saying is akin to this...please pay attention...

The wages of sin are NO LONGER death because of grace that brings eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.

Wouldn't you agree with that? You are saying you don't have to die...before receiving eternal life.

But to obtain eternal life you must first pass through death. Taking on the dying of Jesus so that His life can quicken you. We must all pay the whole price to obtain the kingdom. Jesus didn't die so that we don't have to pay the same price He did. We are to follow Him into death...by faith...so that HIS perfected life can be entered into. Otherwise it's just a religious stance that has no power to walk as Jesus walked.

E

eternally-gratefull

Its you who does not understand what Grace is, Your no better than the pharisees, How much did Christ approve of their self righteousness?

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen, it was a grace gift (undeserved) it could never be earned.

E

eternally-gratefull

I know the 2nd part...I am saying that you are negating the first part...

what you are saying is akin to this...please pay attention...

The wages of sin are NO LONGER death because of grace that brings eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.

Wouldn't you agree with that? You are saying you don't have to die...before receiving eternal life.

But to obtain eternal life you must first pass through death. Taking on the dying of Jesus so that His life can quicken you. We must all pay the whole price to obtain the kingdom. Jesus didn't die so that we don't have to pay the same price He did. We are to follow Him into death...by faith...so that HIS perfected life can be entered into. Otherwise it's just a religious stance that has no power to walk as Jesus walked.
if you understood the gift of eternal life, you would understand, But since you do not understand what grace is, and what eternal life is, you can't

We ALL deserve death, why? The penalty of sin is death.

Christ came to offer us salvation. how? THE GIFT OF GOD is eternal life.

You do not earn the gift by stopping sin, you receive it in humility and through repentance of the fact you can never earn salvation.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Salvation by grace through faith means that we believe and affirm the will of God...

In doing so we both uphold the law ( The standards that God has established how muhamns should live what they should and should not do) and we uphold the Way God has made for us to have our failings in regard to living up to the standards of God forgiven./ atoned for..

So Faith is trusting God.. Both in His Standards and in His Way of Salvation..
I agree. Too many don't know what the law is. It is found scattered through the Torah. We are unable to keep the 613 rules of the law therefore by accepting Jesus as our savior we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. Here is a quote by Jesus about the law and the law itself. Grace through faith in Jesus removes the penalty for breaking the law (sinning).

Matthew 5 AMPC
17 Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.
18 For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished.
19 Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the least [important] of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

In addition to the 10 commandments there are the laws scattered through the Torah.

List of the 613 laws in the Torah
http://www.gods-word-first.org/bible-study/613commandments.html

Discussion about the 613 laws in the Torah
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

N

NoNameMcgee

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:20-21
amen

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
1 Corinthians 3 King James Version (KJV)

1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Paul spoke this some TWO THOUSAND YEARS ago! GRASP, or TRY and EMBRACE that "period of time!" This is YEARS, as flesh men define years! Yet? "Churches", or "The Church", or more aptly interpreted? "CALLED OUT ONES?" Are STILL not "Building the Temple" that is within us! Why? Might one ask? Because, "People", in general? Can't scarcely agree on the very "foundation" OF this Temple! Without arguing even over that WHICH Christ, was SENT, and SACRIFICED, and RESURRECTED from the dead's TEACHINGS even mean!

It's NEITHER "Grace", NOR "Faith", NOR "Hope", NOR "Love", that are at the "subtility", of ALL these myriad of arguments? No, indeed! It's "LABORS!" In ALL these "endeavors" of "BUILDING" the Temple that is within each and every one of us! And, the "carnality" of men seeking APPROVAL and "MAN'S PROOFINGS", or APPROVAL of their "Labors", that PREVENT God, from (even CONSIDERING) "GIVING (Grace, Mercy) INCREASE! Meaning? They/We are ALLOWING ourselves to "CEASE FROM BUILDING", this Temple, FOR the "Acceptance of men", and NOT, for the "INCREASE, that ONLY God, CAN give!"

(still in 1Corinthians 3)

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

"THIS", is NOT "WORKS EQUALS SALVATION", Teaching, or Doctrine! This, is "WORKS (laboring/s) EQUALS REWARD/S" Teaching FROM Paul! (note the Parable of the talents)

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

And, this is the "current condition" of todays "churches of stone!" As like in Ezekiel 13, when God sends "heavy winds and rains" against the walls daubed with "untempored mortar?" Is the SAME as churches of stone! Only difference is, is NOW it's INDIVIDUALLY, with EACH AND EVERY BELIEVER, as opposed to the "Church/Nation" of Israel! And just as with Israel? The SAME FRIGGING THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN! OH!!!!! THIS JUST PO'S ME TO NO END!!!!
Just as water seeks its own level? Such as it is, with "the church!" They hit the fire? Stubble?...POOF! Try again! People NEVER get BEYOND the "Foundation!" POOF!
Writing a book, ain't going to get YOU there! The "writer" gets his OWN reward, as profiting from sales. The writer of the book CAN'T get you there! He can write concerning his "own" labors and "Proofing's by Fire", and, should the reader/s "esteem" them self as having done a labor worthy of reward? For HEAVEN'S SAKE! DON'T "YOU" go "building on your temple" with the writer's "labor/s, WITHOUT first having YOUR "labor/s" PROOFED By Fire!

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

I HOPE this might, help those who seek discernment, the argumentings of those who espouse "works EQUALS Salvation", and "works EQUALS Reward!"

(end of rant) :)

U

UnderGrace

To believe that a person need no understanding to be saved is called universalism. This comes from demon spirits. You should talk to a Pastor asap! You are over the age of accountability!
Actually that is not universalism at all.
Universalist believe all will come to belief.
It is always best to have the facts right in a discussion. :)

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
And..its a gift not earned but GIVEN by God..something we dont deserve...
That's unmerited favor...Mercy... You see, God made us worthy.
Colossians 1:9-12 (KJV)

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Colossians 1:9-12 (CJB)

9 Therefore, from the day we heard of it, we have not stopped praying for you, asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will in all the wisdom and understanding which the Spirit gives; 10 so that you may live lives worthy of the Lord and entirely pleasing to him, being fruitful in every good work and multiplying in the full knowledge of God. 11 We pray that you will be continually strengthened with all the power that comes from his glorious might; so that you will be able to persevere and be patient in any situation, joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father for having made you fit to share in the inheritance of his people in the light.

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018

• Justice is getting the bad that we deserve. (getting exactly what we deserve, which in our case is death)
  • Grace is getting good that we do not deserve. (eternal life, plus all the good that God wants to give us)
Thank you Jesus!
That does not fit with bible usage.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That's unmerited favor...Mercy... You see, God made us worthy.
Colossians 1:9-12 (KJV)

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Colossians 1:9-12 (CJB)

9 Therefore, from the day we heard of it, we have not stopped praying for you, asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will in all the wisdom and understanding which the Spirit gives; 10 so that you may live lives worthy of the Lord and entirely pleasing to him, being fruitful in every good work and multiplying in the full knowledge of God. 11 We pray that you will be continually strengthened with all the power that comes from his glorious might; so that you will be able to persevere and be patient in any situation, joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father for having made you fit to share in the inheritance of his people in the light.
I HAD POSTED THIS EARLIER...

Thank you Jesus!

These are NOT my words originally but they say what i believe..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That does not fit with bible usage.
Youre in good company on here by not knowing the difference..thats why ive posted..more than once now :)

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
Youre in good company on here by not knowing the difference..thats why ive posted..more than once now :)
Jewel You can believe that if you wish...even if you're wrong