How does "GRACE" work in a Believers life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Jewel You can believe that if you wish...even if you're wrong
THANK YOU for letting me believe the truth instead of arguing about non truth...our jobs as christians is NOT to cram our beiefs down others throats but lead them to or closer to the Lord..have you lost sight of this by just wanting to be RIGHT?

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
THANK YOU for letting me believe the truth instead of arguing about non truth...our jobs as christians is NOT to cram our beiefs down others throats but lead them to or closer to the Lord..have you lost sight of this by just wanting to be RIGHT?
Jesus was full of unmerited favor.
John 1:14
The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

Luke 2:40 (KJV)
40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

So when did Jesus EVER not merit favor? When I said that you're wrong it was not because I want to be right..I said you are wrong because you are wrong.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

So when did Jesus EVER not merit favor? When I said that you're wrong it was not because I want to be right..I said you are wrong because you are wrong.
ENOUGH ALREADY..GET THE HINT!!!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Will will NEVER lead people to the Lord..youll make them run away ..its not your JOB to convince..persuade or tell whos wrong or right..its for GOD to do that in a persons heart..people are at different understandings and maturity level in thier walk with the Lord..thats why its called a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Jesus...so this deal bout "youre wrong..youre wrong". I bet God is saying.."how DARE you.."

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
ENOUGH ALREADY..GET THE HINT!!!
Will will NEVER lead people to the Lord..youll make them run away ..its not your JOB to convince..persuade or tell whos wrong or right..its for GOD to do that in a persons heart..people are at different understandings and maturity level in thier walk with the Lord..thats why its called a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Jesus...so this deal bout "youre wrong..youre wrong". I bet God is saying.."how DARE you.."
ENOUGH ALREADY..GET THE HINT!!! Remember? Your words.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
well since this string is about how grace works in a believers life and Jesus being full of grace is pretty widely accepted here will nauga please get to the point and explain how this pertains to us? in less than 100 words.

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
well since this string is about how grace works in a believers life and Jesus being full of grace is pretty widely accepted here will nauga please get to the point and explain how this pertains to us? in less than 100 words.
Calibob...If Jesus was full of Grace, unmerited favor, He would not be God...How could he ever not deserve the Fathers favor? My point is...Grace is NOT unmerited favor...To say that grace is getting the good things we do not deserve is nothing but another way to say "unmerited favor" which is MERCY

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Calibob...If Jesus was full of Grace, unmerited favor, He would not be God...How could he ever not deserve the Fathers favor? My point is...Grace is NOT unmerited favor...To say that grace is getting the good things we do not deserve is nothing but another way to say "unmerited favor" which is MERCY
Oh I see now. boing' It was not that he was given it to forgive him of sins but that grace overflowed to others so that he may forgive their sins which in a sense goes hand and hand with mercy.

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
Oh I see now. boing' It was not that he was given it to forgive him of sins but that grace overflowed to others so that he may forgive their sins which in a sense goes hand and hand with mercy.
We have Gods grace because of His mercy. Yes. They go together, but one is not the other. You are born again, and that being the case you HAVE Grace, (the empowering PRESENCE of God) within you. Am I saying it clearly? I wonder sometimes if people don't understand what I say because of a lack of saying it properly

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
This is NOT about God/Jesus relationship..the are the same entity...read the original OP again...how does grace work in a believers life? Now..tell me how your answers fit that...you cant know how grace affects your life if you first dont know the definition of the word...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There are 18 dilects within the us alone, all in english, so misunderstandings as simple as this break up mariages. But let me state grace existed before we were saved just waiting for us to accept and recieve it

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
This is NOT about God/Jesus relationship..the are the same entity...read the original OP again...how does grace work in a believers life? Now..tell me how your answers fit that...you cant know how grace affects your life if you first dont know the definition of the word...
Cabob Which of these scriptures I gave are not about Jesus?

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

Here is Mary's "DECLARATION", in part, towards all who heard her words. Which includes those throughout generations since then. In which she says that even BEFORE "Grace" can be considered? MERCY, and in this case, and there are other cases as well, but not in ALL cases, mixed with "COMPASSION", comes FIRST! Much like that dubious riddle concerning the "chicken and the egg." WITHOUT the chicken? There would be NO egg! So, therefore, the egg being first, WITHOUT the chicken "incubating" the egg? There would be NO chicken.
So, it is with God's Grace! WITHOUT "Mercy, and/or Compassion?" FIRST!! There would be NO Grace!

Luke-1: 50-55 (KJV)

50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

(tis sad to be technologically challenged....but, then again?...probably not...:))

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Here is Mary's "DECLARATION", in part, towards all who heard her words. Which includes those throughout generations since then. In which she says that even BEFORE "Grace" can be considered? MERCY, and in this case, and there are other cases as well, but not in ALL cases, mixed with "COMPASSION", comes FIRST! Much like that dubious riddle concerning the "chicken and the egg." WITHOUT the chicken? There would be NO egg! So, therefore, the egg being first, WITHOUT the chicken "incubating" the egg? There would be NO chicken.
So, it is with God's Grace! WITHOUT "Mercy, and/or Compassion?" FIRST!! There would be NO Grace!
Cluck cluck! Love it! Lol. Thanks for your insight :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Personally, I would rather be happy than right.

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
So you're saying you don't find the truth very necessary? As long as you are happy? Well, they do say that ignorance is bliss....

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
So you're saying you don't find the truth very necessary? As long as you are happy? Well, they do say that ignorance is bliss....
Oooooo..youre treading on thin ice but looks like youre aiming to pick an arguement with EVERYONE today...hows THAT workin for ya? Lol. Hope you know how to SWIM! Lol

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

So are "lemmings" as they happily follow each other "blindly!" Despite, or even "IN Spite" of warnings that there's a CLIFF up ahead!

The "job" of the Pastor/Shepherd, is "Firstly", discerning, and then the "cutting out" FROM the "IN Spite" of FROM "the blind." That is, should the "pastor/shepherd/teacher" not be "blind" them self. Which sadly, IS the case, in oh so many instances these days.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Cabob Which of these scriptures I gave are not about Jesus?

In English usage, the word, "grace" has several meanings (as it does in Greek). "Unmerited favour" is one of them. "A joyful, generous and encouraging attitude" is another. "Physical fluidity and muscular coordination" is a third, and there are others.

Arguing that it cannot mean one particular sense in any particular context is unnecessary. It is quite possible that it is used in one sense in one place and another sense in another place.