How does your garden grow?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
It's been a while since I saw a thread on gardening-- unless I missed to see a recent one? You may wish to tell abt what u are growing now, how u care for them, etc. Or post pictures if u haven't time or words to describe=).

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
it is winter here, we will be looking st the seed catalogs and making plans for April and May planting:)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its very hot and dry here, Australia recently had rain but NZ dont seem to be getting any...but at least our forest hasnt burned down.

am still reeling from the poison in our water supply incident a couple of weeks ago where all our plants in the community garden died. so no crops this season, and had to pretty much start all over again. we suspect it was council workers maybe with glyphosphate or roundup. cos we are organic and would never use that stuff nor have it in our shed.

sorry..its a bit doom and gloom at the moment. It will be another month or so of hot weather before can really get into sowing and planting again after harvest.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Its very hot and dry here, Australia recently had rain but NZ dont seem to be getting any...but at least our forest hasnt burned down.

am still reeling from the poison in our water supply incident a couple of weeks ago where all our plants in the community garden died. so no crops this season, and had to pretty much start all over again. we suspect it was council workers maybe with glyphosphate or roundup. cos we are organic and would never use that stuff nor have it in our shed.

sorry..its a bit doom and gloom at the moment. It will be another month or so of hot weather before can really get into sowing and planting again after harvest.
Sorry to hear abt that poisoning. What a pity such 'accidents' happen.

There's a bit of rain around here. My space to plant isn't that big, but I try to put in as many seeds/cuttings as I can, so they be rather crowded! Then I begin to prune or pull out stuff coz the others cannot survive if I don't.

At times I collect seeds I pass by from a walk, throw them out on bare ground, then forget.. but am glad when some flowering plants begin to peek. There isn't really that much time to stay and dwell in the soil. A strange seedling sprouts and I ask what is this thing, wondering where it came from?! At times I just got to wait to see what it is:D. Recently some shrubs have sprouted and I cannot, cannot remember where they came from. I thought to cut away some, smelled the aromatic leaves as I started to slash at some, and think I got that somewhere, intending to grow them that's why they're there! A helper who came said it's alagaw, so I am researching a bit on what that's supposed to be for.
1581463543643.png
Premna odorata, also called Fragrant Premna
Small hairy tree, 3 to 8 meters high. Flowers are greenish-white or nearly white, 4-5 mm long and borne on terminal inflorescences (cymes) 68-20 cm in diameter. Fruit is fleshy, dark purple, rounded, about 5 mm diameter. Leaves yield yellowish-green essential oil with a characteristic scent. Its tender leaves are employed in Kapampangan cuisine in a variety of ways. The most important use of Fragrant Premna is as an aromatic herb. Antiseptic properties make it useful for cleansing and incorporation with bath-care products.
https://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/Premna_odorata.htm

Attachments

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
white flowers?

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I'm no longer able to plant a large garden. I now plant a raised bed garden. My 15 year old grandson and I will be planting our potatoes next week. I'll post some pictures when we get started. We'll plant some onions and carrots mid March, and transplanting squash, cucumbers, egg plants, peppers and tomatoes around the end of March.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hooray it rained on the weekend.
what a relief.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Oddly enough the only thing I’ve ever been able to really grow was a cactus. I’ve always wanted to try growing a vegetable garden but in Arizona that can be a bit of an intimidating task. Somehow my neighbors grow stuff all the time though!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
peppers are really a longer season plant than we can deal with, you are in the place where a pepper can grow into a little tree! Maybe a tomato in a bucket or pot?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I love the rain in due season. It is the great blessing providing our sustenance…..Praise God for His bounty, amen.
It rained here too, and the soil was soaked!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
slowly warming to spring here, the seed racks are out, soon people will be starting plants to set out, etc.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
peppers are really a longer season plant than we can deal with, you are in the place where a pepper can grow into a little tree! Maybe a tomato in a bucket or pot?
I use a five gallon bucket per pepper type. I have enough peppers to supply the needs of four or more families from spring to frost.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Managed to score a lot of seaweed to use as mulch and now plan to feed my plants and soil once a month with seaweed booster.

Also mum found me a mushroom kit from work so Im going to figure out how to grow mushrooms..