How has God helped you through trials and suffering?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am 85 and God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. I can not tell what is going on at the present, but I can look back and see how he has guided my direction in spit of my rebellious actions. I was always a real sceptic of the bright and peaceful light the near death people experience until I had my own experience. I overcorrected myself when I veered off the road and caused my vehicle to roll down the embankment of a river. I totaled my car out and came out of it without even a scratch. The amazing thing about it was that the roll over seemed to be in slow motion and took about 20 minutes or so and the whole inside of my vehicle was lighted up with the most soothing and peaceful feeling that I have ever felt. Underneath the dash, where shadows usually are, was also lighted up. I knew, without a doubt, that it was God's presence with me. When I was 12 years old my brother accidently hit me in the neck with a hoe and cut my juggler vein completely into and the nearest doctor was 38 miles away. The hospital room was the same experience that I felt in my vehicle roll over, but at 12 years old I did not realise that it was God with me.
Isn't it amazing!! Once I foolishly took a streetcar the ten miles to downtown without checking to see I had money for the return fare. I didn't. I ran into an aquaintance I hadn't seen in years, never saw again, who gave me fare for home. Now, what happened became part of my dream, I was made aware that God was watching then, it was God's help. Next morning I had what doctors said was a stroke, there is no damage. God was watching and helping. My dream was to tell me to trust.

We have troubles and illnesses we must live with, and God asks that we do that best we can, but often we are given protection.

Jun 10, 2019
That a ol saying if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Isn't it amazing!! Once I foolishly took a streetcar the ten miles to downtown without checking to see I had money for the return fare. I didn't. I ran into an aquaintance I hadn't seen in years, never saw again, who gave me fare for home. Now, what happened became part of my dream, I was made aware that God was watching then, it was God's help. Next morning I had what doctors said was a stroke, there is no damage. God was watching and helping. My dream was to tell me to trust.

We have troubles and illnesses we must live with, and God asks that we do that best we can, but often we are given protection.
Very good thoughts. A lot of people say they are just lucky and that is a shame that they do not recognise God in it.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I was unemployed from February 2009 to April 2012. There were times during that period when I felt hopeless and wondered if I would ever get another job. But God saw me through it and He gave me comfort along the way. I will say that I was unemployed again from February to May 2015. And I'm still at the same job I was hired for that May. Even though it was a much shorter period of time, God still supported me.

I still doubt sometimes. Even the great men and women of the Bible were not immune to that. They struggled at different points too.

But God is ever faithful, and He will never leave us or forsake us.

Oct 7, 2019
I am a healthy 95 year old, but my body is SLOW, I'm awkward, I move and act very elderly. My family, every single one, decided to have nothing more to do with me. I haven't seen or heard from any in three years, even ones who live in my town. Even though they live, they are gone to me. The grief is intense.

I knew God did not want me to spend my time crying, I had to accept what my life situation was, but how? So I went on a five day fast, shutting off worldly things and putting God within every minute. Lots of prayer and study.

I live in an assisted living facility that is strictly secular. If the church comes in there is no one who will go to the service. Our nurse is unable to understand anything of God, it is simply not part of how she thinks and lives. On the fifth day of my fast she came to my room, hands on hips, standing defiantly and asked if I was suicidal! Poor woman!

God gave me joy in Him during my fast time, and a desire to create beauty with oil paint. Whoever reads this, please do not send judgments of my family, God lets us all choose our way and loves us regardless. He expects us to do the same with others.

I spend lots of my time just communing with the Lord.

I would love to show you what I paint. There is a teen age Lynx, a large lake in the woods landscape, flowers, still life, deer out for a stroll. It is pleasure.
I'm sorry you're going through that. My parents are elderly and I felt the Lord wanted me to get a part time job and take my social security early to be around more for them. It can be frustrating on my end because they are slower and forget things and get confused, but they can't help it. I couldn't imagine not being there for them however. Art and crafts are wonderful things and it's a blessing you can do painting. Creating something and seeing it finished is a great reward.

I think it was Cory Ten Boom if I remember right who was in a cell at one time completely alone. God sent ants into the cell and she spent hours watching them work and marveling at how God made them to do what they do. He always brings something into your life no matter how humble it is to let you know He is there and has not forgotten you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
By giving me hope for an eternity that will be Way way way better then my current condition and conditions that i live in..

Jul 23, 2018
Praying in the Spirit(in tongues) is powerful.
Usually in trials God sends me help.
Sometimes he waits a bit then comes the help.
But there is another realm of faith where God has me to just stand. Stand and not be moved by what i see.
Other times he says "i am with you"

The spoken word from heaven.

Just yesterday something was really beating on me.
God said "my God watches over me"

When those words come they are powerful. I can litterally feel my being rise up.

Faith sometimes is actually "convincing" we speak scripture or affirm promises to convince ourselves God will act on our behalf.
There is another faith that is like a capacitor on a motor. (A capacitor gives a jolt of power to empower it initially). That faith from above really sends me into such a solid assurance.

But even more,it is accompanied by the annointing to break anything one comes against spiritually.

When you are in business for yourself,married with teenagers,and are helping others through trials,you must have power from heaven.

Its kinda like what you said on fasting.
We see God move to the degree we move.

But so many "tools" he left us to fight with and live holy.

How many tools are in your tool belt?

Jul 23, 2018
Once one recieves the baptism in the Holy Spirit it changes everything.
Even perception changes.

The epistles were written by Holy Ghost baptised men,to Holy Ghost Baptised believers.
It is seen in the book of acts through the laying on of hands.

That is step one for trials.
Our starting place following salvation as Jesus instructed.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
When you're in the SHU thats when you really need GOD. The loneliness and lack of outside contact, mixed with the small food portions and the people around you, only GOD can help you make it through that with your mind still in-tact!

God has helped me with EVERYTHING in my life, I should of been dead many times(stabbing, beating, pneumonia) but God always saw to it that I stay alive for ANOTHER DAY, who knows maybe tomorrow is my time, but as for NOW im still alive because God has a PURPOSE for me being here, so we're hanging on.
God healed me of a heart condition that runs in the family, my cousin and his mom just got surgery to treat it, as for me I got blessed and had a brother pray over it and it was gone, no more irregular rhythm and 150beats per minute. (So far, praise God, hope not so in the future either)