How I got off pills

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
emotional abuse, the root cause behind that is fear and fear is actually sent by demons, for want of. a better word.
Dont be afraid to say STOP IT when fear (demon) is attacking you. Name the fear.
if more counsellors new they could say 'stop it, in Jesus name!' then fear would actually stop in its tracks.

But people think instead of a simple command, that its easier or more profitable to give drugs.

Getting people stable - ok when you are in the throws of a psychotic spell etc its not pretty. Its actually scary for not just the person afflicted but anyone else observing. what you need to do is get that person to a safe space, and calm.

physically, a HUG is actually what you need to do to stop someone running away.
and a mug of tea...also. A lot of people dont know the healing effects of a simple cup of tea. After all the Bible says leaves are for our healing. What is tea made from...leaves and hot water.

a person equipped to deal with mental illness is what Jesus said this kind can only go out through prayer AND Fasting.
A hug and a mug...2 u!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have suffered with mental illness for over 35 yrs...
I was diagnosed with Psychosis , I had a terrible season of that for a while , but since I got saved 4 yrs ago , I have only had one episode , and I understand fully what you mean when the mind wavers...

In my early babe years in Christ , I could go from one minute to thinking I was saved , then the next I was on my way to hell , it took the LORD time and His grace to show me who I am in Him , and through all my OCD thoughts that I could not not control , He brought me to this Scripture that finally broke them chains , and hear it is ,

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, surpassing all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
...xox...
amen!

35 years a long time. I had for ...15 years but when I got saved...no more episodes. My healing was inner and I really had to reach out and touch the hem of His garment for that one.

I didnt have OCD thoughts like some experience but God did teach me that once I knew the truth, I was free.

Scripture is very important and there a few that really helped my walk that I will share. Memorise these scriptures as they are like 'combat scriptures' for negative thoughts (i.e lies) Satan will place in the mind.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Psalm 91 is really good for right now.
Praying you all keep under the shelter of His wings.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Your testimony is compelling and I am so happy for you. It is a praise report for sure, but are you saying all those who suffer mental illness are plagued with demons?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Your testimony is compelling and I am so happy for you. It is a praise report for sure, but are you saying all those who suffer mental illness are plagued with demons?
No, that is your conclusion (I am speaking from my own experience which is just ONE person right?) but demons are actual and they need to be cast out. As that is what Jesus did, He cast out fear.

Some people are happy to live with demons and just cope with drugs to alleviate the symptoms. Well I was not.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
No, that is your conclusion (I am speaking from my own experience which is just ONE person right?) but demons are actual and they need to be cast out. As that is what Jesus did, He cast out fear.

Some people are happy to live with demons and just cope with drugs to alleviate the symptoms. Well I was not.
I was just wanting to know your thoughts, not drawing conclusions. I appreciate your words here...

I am speaking from my own experience which is just ONE person right?

Yes and demons from Mary M, for example. I know they can play a part but my opinion is that regardless a demonic influence or merely a chemical imbalance, or ptsd, whatever the origin, maybe all the above, He can help, maybe in some cases completely heal.

He sure has helped my mental well-being. I am soooo grateful. Also, praise the Lord that He helped you. Excellent praise report.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes Jesus heals absolutely.
If you need healing, ask for it. If you dont ask, you wont receive. Be open to what He can do.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
There's another side to everything.
The side when people refuse to take any medicine, and go on in spite of their problems, they just pretend it's not there, and claim Jesus "healed them" or Jesus is "helping them manage". Well. I know a person with bipolar who refuses to take meds. If one cannot keep friends in their life, and is constantly dissatisfied, and can't get along with anyone, and does reckless things like sell their house abruptly and leave themselves without anything in autumn years, and they keep destroying their own life, and it's stressful to be around them because there's always some problems and sudden big decisions going on, then no, Jesus did not heal, and nothing is getting "managed", they are lying to themselves. I am the first person to avoid medicines if possible and to pray things off if possible, but there is wisdom and there is foolishness.

So while it's wonderful that some people get healed, always knock hard and try persistently, it may just happen, and we should never stop leaning on God, but it's OK if it didn't happen yet for anyone reading - God doesn't want you to suffer, and it's okay to help yourself in other ways while you keep knocking. This person I mentioned is Christian and got mightily healed by God from other things - their addiction was gone in a snap of a finger when they called out to Jesus - but for bipolar, they are fooling themselves, and really need to be taking their medication. Not even to go into people who suffer from depression that might break down if their condition isn't managed. There are so many kinds of depression. My own issues did not all go away by prayer. Some did, yes, but not all. I didn't write this because of Lanolin, but rather for the sake of others who keep reading, so they don't put themselves down if they aren't healed immediately, keep pressing on and have faith, yet don't feel bad or like it's a failure if you still have to take medicines. You did not fail, because all that God wants from us is faith.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The side when people refuse to take any medicine, and go on in spite of their problems, they just pretend it's not there, and claim Jesus "healed them" or Jesus is "helping them manage". Well. I know a person with bipolar who refuses to take meds. If one cannot keep friends in their life, and is constantly dissatisfied, and can't get along with anyone, and does reckless things like sell their house abruptly and leave themselves without anything in autumn years, and they keep destroying their own life, and it's stressful to be around them because there's always some problems and sudden big decisions going on, then no, Jesus did not heal, and nothing is getting "managed", they are lying to themselves. I am the first person to avoid medicines if possible and to pray things off if possible, but there is wisdom and there is foolishness.

So while it's wonderful that some people get healed, always knock hard and try persistently, it may just happen, and we should never stop leaning on God, but it's OK if it didn't happen yet for anyone reading - God doesn't want you to suffer, and it's okay to help yourself in other ways while you keep knocking. This person I mentioned is Christian and got mightily healed by God from other things - their addiction was gone in a snap of a finger when they called out to Jesus - but for bipolar, they are fooling themselves, and really need to be taking their medication. Not even to go into people who suffer from depression that might break down if their condition isn't managed. There are so many kinds of depression. My own issues did not all go away by prayer. Some did, yes, but not all. I didn't write this because of Lanolin, but rather for the sake of others who keep reading, so they don't put themselves down if they aren't healed immediately, keep pressing on and have faith, yet don't feel bad or like it's a failure if you still have to take medicines. You did not fail, because all that God wants from us is faith.
I couldn't agree more!!!

P

planitsoon

Amen. "let thy food be thy medicine" I always say, though, before taking that approach, I prefer 1 Peter 2:24 and appropriate it by faith. If I don't get the results I take plan B namely what God gave in nature. I never take toxic petro chemical pharmaceuticals and support eh Disease Management Mafia as I call them as "A patient cured is a customer lost" and the money is in the come back just like any other drug dealer. Dr. Abram Hoffer in 1952 cured schizphrenia (bipolar), psychosis and depression in 88% of his patients within 6 months with Niacin, a vitamin namely B3. In 1952 this psychiatrist still could get away with prescribing natural medicine as the monolopy of Big Pharma wasn't as strong as today though the Fitzgerald Report from 1953 in the Congressional Reports (a son of a senator got healed with natural medicine) said that there was already a war going on against unproved natural medicine.

I myself became suicidal and depressed during my Nurtitional Balancing program with dr l wilson and it was nothing else than a healing reaction as the Hair Mineral Analysis (they use these also at the Olympics) found huge levels of nickle, a heavy metal that goes hand in hand with depression and suicidal thoughts. It only lasted a few weeks and it was good to detox from it. Many mental patients suffer from heavy metal toxicity that through WiFi, glyphosate and polysorbate 80 (opens up the blood brain barrier) are able to find their way into the brain. Copper can make people delusional for example and give them racing thoughts or dreaminess and spaciness. I quote from the provided link below on copper toxicity. Case History of schizophrenia. An 18-year old schizophrenic patient had a hair copper level of 41 mg% (normal is 2.5 mg%). She hallucinated and attempted suicide twice while in the Scottsdale Camelback Mental Hospital in Arizona. When her copper was brought back into the normal range with a nutritional balancing program, her symptoms disappeared and she has remained well ever since. https://drlwilson.com/Articles/COPPER_TOXICITY_SYNDROME.htm

Then there are also demonic attacks on the mind and traumatic experiences that can open people up through fear. I found in praying for people that sometimes nothing works. I remember a lady that could not move from her bed and the doctors didn't know the cause. I asked her if she ever had gone through a traumatic experience like rape, accidents or physical abuse and she told me she was raped. I re-enacted the shock by giving a yell and commanded a demon of infirmity o leave and she was healed. Same happened with a guy I tried to help out of the drug scene who got beaten by those he owned drug money to at 4.30am when they entered his house to take revenge. I prayed throughout that day five times or so, rebuked the headache and it didn't wanna go. Then at the end of the day I thought of the fact that maybe at the moment of trauma a spirit of infirmity might have gone in so tried that avenue. I prayed again by holding his hand and yelled loudly, "come out" at the end, which gave him the desired unexpected shock effect and the head ache was gone.

I learned this through John G Lake Ministries, a healing ministry, and Curry Blake teaches on this. He teaches that in situation of shock the soul and spirit open up and can get trapped inside like a clutch and by re enacting that shock and then commanding it to go it gets back out. Now I can't back that up with scripture but I can tell you that we had at least six instances where this works and the person was set free were everything else before didn't work.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
oh buddy, oh buddy, a very dear friend of mine took her life while on this program.
Thought we were going to tie the knot, a couple days later.............
Thank you for the info.
bless you in Jesus name

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great to see JGLM teaching , I am seeing great results here as well.

P

planitsoon

something's OFF going on in here - may we learn to listen and discern?!
Not sure what you mean :) No thing is OFF in this thread from what can see but I can understand that things get stirred in people's lives often enough, when they hear new things or things they read don't fit within their current paradigm. God bless.

P

planitsoon

oh buddy, oh buddy, a very dear friend of mine took her life while on this program.
Thought we were going to tie the knot, a couple days later.............
Thank you for the info.
bless you in Jesus name
That's so bad. I am so sorry to hear that :-( Must have been devastating. I have tried different diets in the last 14 years from raw veganism with Hallelujah Acres to GAPS to Paleo and think Nutritional Balancing is still the healthiest and most balanced way of eating out there, as it is mainly cooked vegetables and for the rest in moderation like nuts, meat and diary. It's is very boring though as so much is made with grains and sugar today lol and have to admit that the "god of the belly" as the Bible calls, it is for me also a hard thing to overcome and the reason why I could not stick to keep eating healthy. I noticed after six weeks that I had suddenly energy that I didn't know was there but; the mitochondria and redox potential must have worked more optimally due to heavy metal detoxing that was going on. I have a friend who through NB got rid of the same impairment my wife and I have, namely microwave illness or electrohyper sensivity which is basically an allergy of electricity both wired and wireless. Makes life hard I can tell you but because my wife has the same we both understand very well what it is. Marriages have broken up because of the ignorance over it. The heavy metals are a great part of this problem. I have a Christian brother in his 80tees who was discharged with it back in 1971 when working in the radio department of the army. Would love to get prayer from you one day if you would be willing to pray for us. God bless :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks, just prayed experienced the positive confirmation in Jesus name. blessings

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
No I never liked to take pills, but at age 16 when I was going through a crisis doctors diagnosed me with manic depression (known today as Bipolar disorder) and for 15 years I suffered from having to take pills everyday that didnt work! I was still alive, but I was pretty much a zombie.

It was a nightmare, but thankfully God got me through and got me off pills/drugs and showed me how to care for myself.

I thought I would share with people here my journey because truly I would not wish that you have to go through what I went through. If anyone is suffering from depression, manic or otherwise and doesnt know any other treatment than what the doctors prescribe, I say to you there is hope and you can shake that permanent label of being 'mentally ill' which becomes a curse not a blessing.

for people that dont understand what mental illness is, please refrain from judging anyone that is suffering from this affliction what the afflicted needs to learn, is how to defeat the demons that are harassing them. Jesus has given us the authority to cast out those demons so, lets do this. :)
Yes, I've had trouble with depression in the past, too. But coming to a full surrender to God in my life helped the most. After that, other things helped too - like filling myself well always with God's Word, praying regularly, and keeping active and making my life as useful to God as I knew how in daily life. Etc. Also, eating as healthfully as I knew how. I have allergies, but eating what most helps me - helps a lot!