How important is the name of Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NewChapter

How important is the name of JESUS?

The name of Jesus is "The name that is above all names."

(
Philippians 2:9, KJV)
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

In the name of Jesus "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."

(Philippians 2:10-11, KJV)
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is only one Lord.

(Ephesians 4:5, KJV)
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

Demons must flee in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Mark 16:17, KJV)
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

Healing is in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 3:16, KJV)
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.​

Salvation is in the name of Jesus Christ, and there is salvation in no other name.

(Acts 4:10-12, KJV)
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The forgiveness of sins is in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Luke 24:47, KJV)
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Everything you do in word or action, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

(Colossians 3:17, KJV)
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.​

There is only one baptism in water and it must: to be biblical, be done by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

(Acts 2:38, KJV)
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus' own commandment is: "teach all nations to be my disciples, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

(Matthew 28:19, KJV)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Father, Son and The Holy Ghost are only titles. What is the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?

The name of the Father is Jesus.

(John 5:43, KJV)
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

The name of the Son is Jesus.

(Matthew 1:21, KJV)
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The name of the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

(John 14:26, KJV)
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This understood all the apostles of Jesus, and therefore were all baptisms in the Bible, and among the first Christians, performed
in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ

Peter, who had received the keys to the riches of heaven, gives this commandment to the seekers of salvation on the Pentecostal Day:
"Let each of you be baptized in the name of Lord Jesus Christ."

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.​

Peter was not alone, but the eleven other apostles stood with him - Matthew also.

(Acts 2:14, KJV)
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Paul had the same revelation. He baptized in the name of Lord Jesus Christ. Those who were already baptized for the remission of sin and by immersion, but were not baptized to the Name, were baptized again by Paul in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 19:1-5, KJV)
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people,
that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Are you baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, or in three titles?
Are you one of them "that my Name is mentioned over, says the Lord."

(Acts 15:17)
That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Have you and your church denied the name of Jesus where it should be mentioned?

(Revelation 3:8, KJV)
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Are you hated and persecuted for the sake of Jesus' name?

(John 15:21, KJV)
But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Jesus is no trinity. He is God.

"Christ - He who is God over all things."

(Romans 9:5, KJV)
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

"Jesus Christ, this is the true God and eternal life"

(1. John 5:20, KJV)
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true,
and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ.
This is the true God, and eternal life.

These scriptures from the Bible will leave you to examinate closer. Examine what the Word says!​

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Does the Father and Holy Spirit have a name also? Jesus probably calls His father Abba which means Daddy.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
His name means "God is salvation" :)

how important is that!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

(Philippians 2:9, KJV)
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

In the name of Jesus "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is only one Lord.

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.​

Salvation is in the name of Jesus Christ, and there is salvation in no other name.

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Everything you do in word or action, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.​

There is only one baptism in water and it must: to be biblical, be done by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus' own commandment is: "teach all nations to be my disciples, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Father, Son and The Holy Ghost are only titles. What is the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This understood all the apostles of Jesus, and therefore were all baptisms in the Bible, and among the first Christians, performed

Peter, who had received the keys to the riches of heaven, gives this commandment to the seekers of salvation on the Pentecostal Day:

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.​

Peter was not alone, but the eleven other apostles stood with him - Matthew also.

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Paul had the same revelation. He baptized in the name of Lord Jesus Christ. Those who were already baptized for the remission of sin and by immersion, but were not baptized to the Name, were baptized again by Paul in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people,
that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true,

These scriptures from the Bible will leave you to examinate closer. Examine what the Word says!​
While what I read of your post I agree with you need to understand that the longer the post the fewer will read it. No more than a couple of paragraphs if you want everybody to read it. This concept goes across all forums no matter their topic.

Apr 15, 2017
NewChapter, you speak well.

For Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and everything we do in word and in deed is to be done in Jesus' name including baptism, and Jews, Gentiles, and Samaritans, were all baptized in the name of Jesus, and those that were baptized unto John's baptism had to be baptized in Jesus' name.

The Bible says but to us there is but one God, the Father, and in another place, one God, and Father of all.

And Isaiah says the Son shall be called the everlasting Father, and Jesus told Philip if you have seen Me then you have seen the Father, for the words I speak are not of My own, but the Father that dwells in Me, He does the works, for Jesus is the only way we can see the invisible God.

In Isaiah 52 God the Father said that He will reveal a new name to the Jews, and speak to them, which Hebrews said He spoke unto them by His Son, the man Christ Jesus, which Jesus said it is not His words but the Father's words.

And Jesus came in His Father's name, manifest His Father's name, declared His Father's name, which the Father's name is Jesus.

The prophet Agur asked the question, what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell, which means the Father and Son will share the same name.

Hebrews says the Son inherited the name of the Father, which Jesus is the name of the Father, and the new name He revealed to the Jews, and the Son inherited that name.

In John the Holy Spirit does come in the name of Jesus.

The name Jehovah represents physical deliverance, and the name Jesus represents spiritual deliverance, so Jesus is a greater name among the saints.

Here is also something that many people do not understand.

There is one throne in heaven, and one who sits on the throne, not two thrones but one throne.

Which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the Son, the man Christ Jesus.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ.

Jesus said all power is given unto Me in heaven and earth.

God's right hand represents power, wisdom, and salvation.

Jesus is at the right hand of God.

David said, the LORD said unto my Lord, sit at My right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

For the Son must reign until His enemies are conquered, the last one being death, and then the Son shall submit to the Father, that God may be all in all.

God exalted the man Christ Jesus to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, because He is the mediator between God and men, and the Savior, for only a sinless man can redeem mankind, no man is sinless so God became that sinless man, so God is ruling through His humanity for the sake of the saints.

And when the Son's enemies are conquered then He shall stop exercising the throne of power, stop being at the right hand, that God may be all in all, for the role of the mediator, and Savior, is no longer needed.

The Son being at the right hand of God is only temporary until His enemies are conquered, and the saints are with Him, then the Son will not be at the right hand anymore.

So Jesus at the right hand of God does not mean He sits on a throne next to the Father, but means God exalted Him to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, until His enemies are conquered, and then the Son will stop being at the right hand.

Jesus is the only person we will see in heaven, and the only visible image of God we will see, for there is one throne in heaven, and one who sits on that throne, which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

Also let us make man in our image.

God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, for if it is a plan of God to happen in the future it is the same as if it happened in the beginning, for it will surely come to pass with no hindrance, which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and the prophets blood shed from the foundation of the world, and all the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Old Testament, Adam created in the image of God, New Testament, Adam made in the figure of Him to come, Jesus, an innocent nature in flesh.

The image of God is the image of Christ.God had the plan to come in the future in flesh before He created Adam and created Adam in that image, which the Son, the man Christ Jesus can be in the beginning before He is born for God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened.

So the let us create man in our own image has to include the man Christ Jesus, for He is part of that image.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
NewChapter, you speak well.

For Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and everything we do in word and in deed is to be done in Jesus' name including baptism, and Jews, Gentiles, and Samaritans, were all baptized in the name of Jesus, and those that were baptized unto John's baptism had to be baptized in Jesus' name.

The Bible says but to us there is but one God, the Father, and in another place, one God, and Father of all.

And Isaiah says the Son shall be called the everlasting Father, and Jesus told Philip if you have seen Me then you have seen the Father, for the words I speak are not of My own, but the Father that dwells in Me, He does the works, for Jesus is the only way we can see the invisible God.

In Isaiah 52 God the Father said that He will reveal a new name to the Jews, and speak to them, which Hebrews said He spoke unto them by His Son, the man Christ Jesus, which Jesus said it is not His words but the Father's words.

And Jesus came in His Father's name, manifest His Father's name, declared His Father's name, which the Father's name is Jesus.

The prophet Agur asked the question, what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell, which means the Father and Son will share the same name.

Hebrews says the Son inherited the name of the Father, which Jesus is the name of the Father, and the new name He revealed to the Jews, and the Son inherited that name.

In John the Holy Spirit does come in the name of Jesus.

The name Jehovah represents physical deliverance, and the name Jesus represents spiritual deliverance, so Jesus is a greater name among the saints.

Here is also something that many people do not understand.

There is one throne in heaven, and one who sits on the throne, not two thrones but one throne.

Which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the Son, the man Christ Jesus.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ.

Jesus said all power is given unto Me in heaven and earth.

God's right hand represents power, wisdom, and salvation.

Jesus is at the right hand of God.

David said, the LORD said unto my Lord, sit at My right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

For the Son must reign until His enemies are conquered, the last one being death, and then the Son shall submit to the Father, that God may be all in all.

God exalted the man Christ Jesus to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, because He is the mediator between God and men, and the Savior, for only a sinless man can redeem mankind, no man is sinless so God became that sinless man, so God is ruling through His humanity for the sake of the saints.

And when the Son's enemies are conquered then He shall stop exercising the throne of power, stop being at the right hand, that God may be all in all, for the role of the mediator, and Savior, is no longer needed.

The Son being at the right hand of God is only temporary until His enemies are conquered, and the saints are with Him, then the Son will not be at the right hand anymore.

So Jesus at the right hand of God does not mean He sits on a throne next to the Father, but means God exalted Him to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, until His enemies are conquered, and then the Son will stop being at the right hand.

Jesus is the only person we will see in heaven, and the only visible image of God we will see, for there is one throne in heaven, and one who sits on that throne, which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

Also let us make man in our image.

God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, for if it is a plan of God to happen in the future it is the same as if it happened in the beginning, for it will surely come to pass with no hindrance, which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and the prophets blood shed from the foundation of the world, and all the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Old Testament, Adam created in the image of God, New Testament, Adam made in the figure of Him to come, Jesus, an innocent nature in flesh.

The image of God is the image of Christ.God had the plan to come in the future in flesh before He created Adam and created Adam in that image, which the Son, the man Christ Jesus can be in the beginning before He is born for God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened.

So the let us create man in our own image has to include the man Christ Jesus, for He is part of that image.
Another one that doesn't want people to read his long posts.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
"No Other Name" - Planetshakers

The name of Jesus is greater
The name of Jesus is stronger
The name of Jesus is high above all things
The name of Jesus is bigger
The name of Jesus has power

Thereʼs just something about the name of Jesus

The name of Jesus brings healing
The name of Jesus brings freedom
The name of Jesus is victory
The name of Jesus has saved me

Jesus name above all names
Healer the one who takes all pain
Saviour risen from the grave
Your name is Jesus, Lord over all

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
No other name, no other name like
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

[x2]

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus

beta

Aug 8, 2016
It is obvious that in all english Bibles we will read JESUS....since that is the name USED in all WESTERN translations. But I would say that is not His true original name. Neither do we read anywhere in the OT that the Father's name was JESUS...from whom His Son apparently inherited His name as some are saying.
I prefer to use the name YASHUA which sounds more like He might have been called....also it puts DIFFERENCE between the REAL JESUS and the FAKE jesus from Rome who is worshipped by all Western churches....ignoring the warning Yashua Himself gave Mat 24.

Feb 28, 2016
simply put, Yashua in Hebrew means = 'SALVATION', sooooooooooooooo,
IF you talk to Jesus, you are saying, HELLO SALVATION...

CS1

May 23, 2012

(Philippians 2:9, KJV)

There is only one Lord.

nice thread

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
"No Other Name" - Planetshakers

The name of Jesus is greater
The name of Jesus is stronger
The name of Jesus is bigger
The name of Jesus has power

The name of Jesus brings healing
The name of Jesus brings freedom
The name of Jesus is victory
The name of Jesus has saved me

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Healer the one who takes all paintrd
[x2]

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Jesus
You left out the great tetragrammaton YHWH.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You left out the great tetragrammaton YHWH.
and is in mho actually the ORIGINAL !

JESUS is a much later addition/translation which when used correctly and applied to the One True JESUS/Yashua is fine.....but thousands of years later where we are NOW there is no longer 'just the One True Jesus BUT.....MANY FALSE christs natural human reasoning has come up with through traditions which are 'confusing and clouding the TRUE IDENTITY of Jesus/Yashua.
In Mat 24 Yashua HIMself WARNS of many false christs DECEIVING many v4,5.
SO....using only the name JESUS could/can/does apply to any of them who are causing UNWARY people to be deceived and drawn away from the True Jesus/Yashua.
As someone said....'it does not mean a thing if you don't have the King !!!
It's important to know the True Jesus from among the many false.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Christ is God, just as the Father is God. It is through the blood of Christ we establish a relationship with God, that we are saved. God then through His grace saves us so we live in communion with Him and live with Him eternally.

BUT! Too often Christians mix up the attributes of God with Greek mythology. The first church fathers, way back when the temple was destroyed by the Romans, all had grown up in homes that taught Greek mythology. There were fathers and sons in their gods, often the son rebelled as in Zeus who was a rebellious son of Cronus. To these men that was what the Sons of a God did. So to them, and the way they taught Christianity, Christ had taken over from the Father. Today's Christian so often feel this way also.

They loudly say that isn't so, but at the same time they will tell you that the old covenant with God the Father is obsolete, it says so in Hebrews. So they will communicate with Christ not that old God that said to kill animals. They say they are new covenant people, talking with the Father is old covenant and over and done with.

Or if they hear of something from the OT they will tell you that if Christ didn't tell you about it don't listen at all.

There is a new way to get rid of the Father now while still seeming right with God. Anyone who shows interest in the way God is explained in the Old Testament you can say that came from the Hebrew Roots Movement. They feel that will quench any OT study for the majority of today's church has decided that it is a bad movement and nothing they say should be listened to.

And all the while these same people will gladly tell you they read the OT and they know it is scripture.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
ALL POWER IN HEAVEN, EARTH, and BENEATH THE EARTH IS IN THE NAME OF Y-SHUA!!!! AMEN!!!!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
ALL POWER IN HEAVEN, EARTH, and BENEATH THE EARTH IS IN THE NAME OF Y-SHUA!!!! AMEN!!!!
Does this mean that our triune God has more power than any other force on earth or that only the segment of God that is the Christ has more power than God the Father?

Could you give me the attributes of God the Father?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Does this mean that our triune God has more power than any other force we have or does it mean that the power of Christ is all powerful, more power than the Father?

Could you give some of the attributes of God the Father?

Dec 12, 2013
His name means "God is salvation" :)

how important is that!
There is NO other name given among men and or under heaven whereby MEN must be saved.......let we forget....he is also called....

Immanuel
The Great I AM
The Good Shepherd
The Son of MAN
The only Begotten SON of GOD
The ONLY mediator between God and MEN
The Savior of the the world
The Ancient of DaysThe Messiah
Good Master
King of kings
Lord of lords
LORD

etc.........

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
And why is this so?

Authority.

I have found being in a position of authority has helped me understand.

CS1

May 23, 2012
remember Jesus had only risen from the dead like 50 days ago or so Jesus was with them 40 days after He rose from the Dead. The witness was that they have seen HIM as Peter preached in Acts 2:24

whom God raised up, having [g]loosed the [h]pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Acts
2:31-32

31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.

They were telling them of Jesus not just anyone but Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified and died and rose again .