How Many Chances to Get Saved Does God Give People Living in the State of Actual Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 18, 2023
Matthew 26:21-25
21 And whilst they were eating, he said: Amen I say to you, that one of you is about to betray me. 22 And they being very much troubled, began every one to say: Is it I, Lord? 23 But he answering, said: He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, he shall betray me. 24 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man shall be betrayed: it were better for him, if that man had not been born. 25 And Judas that betrayed him, answering, said: Is it I, Rabbi? He saith to him: Thou hast said it.
Mark:14:21-25
21 And the Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man shall be betrayed. It were better for him, if that man had not been born. 22 And whilst they were eating, Jesus took bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and said: Take ye. This is my body. 23 And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it. 24 And he said to them: This is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many. 25 Amen I say to you, that I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day when I shall drink it new in the kingdom of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Let us think on this for an instant. Yes, if your brother turns to you asking for forgiven ss for having transgressed against you, you are to forgive him noe t one time not seven times but seven times seventy times. I believe our good Lord is far more capable of forgiving our many transgression.

If there is any catch here, it would be that he one asking forgiveness' truly means it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Let us think on this for an instant. Yes, if your brother turns to you asking for forgiveness for having transgressed against you, you are to forgive him not one time not seven times but seven times seventy times. I believe our good Lord is far more capable of forgiving our many transgressions.

If there is any catch here, it would be that he one asking forgiveness truly means it.
When I was a kid, one of my older sisters used to tell us that if we
were truly sorry for having done something, we would not do it again.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How Many Chances to Get Saved Does God Give People Living in the State of Actual Sin?
Many more than you may think. All unsaved humanity is "living in a state of sin" and all are guilty before God. Therefore it is all about the grace of God.

Aug 6, 2019
Many more than you may think. All unsaved humanity is "living in a state of sin" and all are guilty before God. Therefore it is all about the grace of God.
I totally agree. I think the question is more about the heart of a man and truly WHAT salvation is. Many new Christians believe that if they sin they loose their salvation. Many will even take "living in a state of sin" literally, as in the same environment they were in before they were saved. The point is the heart of man. Do you accept Christ as our savior? Do you accept that we, humans, are sinful and need a savior? Is your heart motive genuine or are you just "checking a box" so you don't go to hell? We all sin even though we don't want to. We all do what we despise. We will not be perfect in this body. The question is if we are striving to be more Christ-like or are we treating our lives like dishware where we happily get it dirty, then clean it, get it dirty, clean it, etc.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Unknowable. One never knows if they will have another day. Now is the appointed time to get things right with their Maker.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The world was constructed by God to reveal Himself. From Romans 1, we know the invisible things of God can be known by the things that are seen. The heavens sings out continually the glory of God. All of nature is a cacophony of praise to God. So in a very real sense, the gospel has been preached through nature since the beginning. And it will continue to the end. God is always calling people to Himself. If He's calling, He's in a forgiving mood.
But He doesn't always strive with mankind. There is a time when He gives people over to their sin. But even then, there is nothing keeping Him from drawing those in this estate unto Himself. It remains true that a humble and contrite heart the Lord will not despise.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op: How many chances Does God Give To Be Saved For those living in the
actual state of sin?:

1) To the UNrighteous God Gives them "unto their last dying breath":

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"​
(Hebrews 9:27)​
Amen.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
It seems you are discussing the unpardonable sin, which Judas committed.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
ByThe Grace of God. I cannot speak for others but will speak for myself, in truth I do not know of any believer who has not left the Lord for a time for one reason or another! Even Jesus disciples did!! (Matt 26:56) And these saw him!!! And were with him!! I left the Lord for some 7 years after a terrible incident of faith I had. I was believing for a man who was a bootlegger in Williamsburg Kentucky. When he fell down a flight of stairs.

Our church was praying for the man, and I was talking to his wife with two children on how I believed the Lord would heal him. On the second day he was moving around in his hospital bed which gave her great hope, I was so happy for her!! On the third day after playing some tennis with a good brother in the Lord I walked up to my apartment and saw her with her two children sitting in front of her door. I said Hi Deb how is your husband I am so glad he is doing so much better! She replied he is dead!

Thanks a lot for giving me false hope in your so-called Jesus!! I was floored!!! I opened the door to my apartment and slide on my knees in prayer to ask why!! No replay! I threw my bible in the trash and left for Las Vagas which I was getting a bodyguard job with Wayne Newton a celebrity you may or may not know. So much happened and will not bore you with all the details but after about the 6th year I was walking in the desert. when the Holy Spirit moved upon me, I learned that my pride was the cause You see, I never asked the Lord first whether to pray for him or not, I never thought about Gods Will only my own!

Anyway, I went back to the Lord after that, and have been his most faithful follower ever since! Now the question!!! Had I died before coming back would I have still been saved?? NO!!! BUT!!!! Remember something it is not we who choose the Lord in the first place!!! He chooses us!! (John 15:16) Hence why I am the most thankful person the Lord has or will ever create!!(1 Thess 5:18)

The Lord's grace and mercy saved me from ruin!! We cannot act like an unbeliever anymore, for we are a new creature, a dog does not act like a cat! (2 Cor 5:17!!) The Lord understands our faults and will give us time to work on them but make no mistake we had better work on them!! For his Word is very clear to us!!(James 1:22) We do not know what tomorrow may bring so get with it today!! That is my suggestion. Blessing to you!!

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
The number of chances is not given in Scripture. God gives each individual the "sufficient" number of chances that that person needs. If he dies and lifts up his eyes in hell, he knows he has no excuse.

Mosie

May 30, 2022
Just one, so make it a good one!

Just kidding! I think it depends, I don't think HE gives up on anyone...Also I think it depends how many people are praying for you.