How often should I sacrifice a beast to appease God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
if you are to become one of the 'called-elect-chosen', then mayhaps
your will eventually, hopefully, become enlightened...

Feb 28, 2016
that's good to hear BL,
hopefully you will learn, as the rest of us, to look forward to accepting God on His terms,
and not yours...

Jul 6, 2020
You acknowledge his death was for a purpose.

Well, he is welcome to appear to me and allow me to do the same.
You serve at Gods pleasure not the other way around.
You are welcome to seek Him with all your heart and perhaps He will let you find Him.

Apr 14, 2020
You serve at Gods pleasure not the other way around.
You are welcome to seek Him with all your heart and perhaps He will let you find Him.
You are welcome to seek Pink Elephants with all your heart and perhaps They will let you find Them.

Jul 6, 2020
You are welcome to seek Pink Elephants with all your heart and perhaps They will let you find Them.
Well if you DO NOT believe God exists it would be pointless.
It is required:
To have faith in something in order to seek it with all your heart.
To have faith that finding it would be a good thing.

Without that you never will, it becomes impossible for you!

Apr 14, 2020
Well if you DO NOT believe God exists it would be pointless.
It is required:
To have faith in something in order to seek it with all your heart.
To have faith that finding it would be a good thing.
Like in the way that you see your favourite number everywhere?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
It can get frustrating trying to find faith in a cerebral way. Been there, done that.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

"If you ask, "Well, so much for the City of Illusions, but where is the Place of Precious Things?", it is a place to which no directions can be given. For if it could be pointed out, it would be a place existing in space; hence, it would not be the real Place of Precious Things. All we can say is that it is close by. It cannot be exactly described, but when you have a tacit understanding of it, it is there."
Huang Po, Chinese Zen Master

Faith isn't in the brain or based on thoughts, it's found outside of thought phenomena and sensory perception phenomena.
Kingdom of God is reality seated beyond the veil of 5 senses and space and time, it is omnipresent and unfettered by space or time. You're talking like faith is a belief in a story. None of us found it like that, and you're simply searching in a wrong place.
Wish you well, keep knocking.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The Lord does not accept the blood of animals to feed His, that is what the pagans did. Isaiah 1:11 "The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me?" says the LORD. "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

The Lord gave His Son to pay for our sins, and it is only through him that that payment is effective. It has always been so. When the symbolic blood was given without knowing God gave blood on the altar (Christ) and they were to give up their sins and accept that payment for them, it was useless. Read all about the sacrificial system in the first chapters of Leviticus.

Lev. 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it for you upon the altar to make an atonement for your sins.

If you are using a bull instead of Christ for your sacrifice, you deny Christ.
I don't deny Jesus Christ, I prayed to Jesus giving thanks, then I enjoyed that 24oz Porterhouse, it was good!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Reanimation does not refute the fact that a sacrifice took place.

Not there's any historical evidence of his coming back to life, but that's something else altogether.
Oh seriously? Wow. Do you make statements like that in absolute ignorance, or are you trying to be a troll?

There is plenty of historical evidence of Jesus' resurrection.

Consider this one fact: the people who had inside knowledge of the Watergate scandal couldn't keep their mouths shut about the lies for even a couple of years. The apostles testified for decades that they had seen Jesus alive after His death. Most died still preaching that. Why would anyone die for something they knew was not the truth?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Lord does not accept the blood of animals to feed His, that is what the pagans did. Isaiah 1:11 "The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me?" says the LORD. "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

The Lord gave His Son to pay for our sins, and it is only through him that that payment is effective. It has always been so. When the symbolic blood was given without knowing God gave blood on the altar (Christ) and they were to give up their sins and accept that payment for them, it was useless. Read all about the sacrificial system in the first chapters of Leviticus.

Lev. 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it for you upon the altar to make an atonement for your sins.

If you are using a bull instead of Christ for your sacrifice, you deny Christ.
Did you miss the "24 oz porterhouse" part of his post? He ate a steak for supper.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Did you miss the "24 oz porterhouse" part of his post? He ate a steak for supper.
Yes, I missed it. But my post was NOT to oppose truth 717 but the aim was to praise the Lord for the sacrificial system that included sacrificing blood. My post explains why.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Uh, God isnt impressed with any of our sacrifices as Hes already made the ultimate sacrifice of his son Jesus.
He miraculously rose again something that all those dead beasts sacrificed never did.

Apr 14, 2020
Uh, God isnt impressed with any of our sacrifices as Hes already made the ultimate sacrifice of his son Jesus.
He miraculously rose again something that all those dead beasts sacrificed never did.
Yes. Jesus was a sacrifice.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
The difference between your statement and the majority of others, is that you declare Jesus was “A” sacrifice, as opposed to His declaration that He offered Himself up in eternity past; that He is “The” sacrifice that all of the others were teaching, and pointing to.

What one thinks of Jesus is a pivotal point in the life of every human.

Apr 14, 2020
The difference between your statement and the majority of others, is that you declare Jesus was “A” sacrifice, as opposed to His declaration that He offered Himself up in eternity past; that He is “The” sacrifice that all of the others were teaching, and pointing to.

What one thinks of Jesus is a pivotal point in the life of every human.
What's the distinction?

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
What's the distinction?
The distiction between being merely one sacrifice among many vs the ultimate sacrifice for the world, is that both cannot be true. Either Jesus is who He says He is, or He is just another con man. That is the choice you and I and the world will ultimately make.

E

EleventhHour

No, Jesus sacrificed.

The lambs and goats had no choice....but Jesus did.

He sacrificed... meaning He relinquished His life and then rose from the dead.

Apr 14, 2020
No, Jesus sacrificed.

The lambs and goats had no choice....but Jesus did.

He sacrificed... meaning He relinquished His life and then rose from the dead.
Yes. He sacrificed himself. Well done.