How often should I sacrifice a beast to appease God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Yes. He sacrificed himself. Well done.
....... and you should be thankful and humbled He laid down His life for you.

And conquered the grave and death for you.

Apr 14, 2020
....... and you should be thankful and humbled He laid down His life for you.

And conquered the grave and death for you.
Yes. I am thankful I was not born before him. The people who were are in Gehenna now.

E

EleventhHour

Yes. I am thankful I was not born before him. The people who were are in Gehenna now.
Ignorant comment, meaning lack of understanding ..go back and study more.

And as the physicist, Tyson, has been quoted...

Ignorance is knowing enough to think you are right ....

but not knowing enough to know you are wrong.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
No, Jesus sacrificed.

The lambs and goats had no choice....but Jesus did.

He sacrificed... meaning He relinquished His life and then rose from the dead.
Sacrificing the lambs and goats was a way our Lord used to show people about Christ who is the true sacrifice.

It was not animal blood that worked for giving atonement, but only as those lambs and goats were a symbol of Christ. If you read how they were to be used, it included giving up the intention to sin, just as the blood of Christ works. If it was used only as feeding God as a sacrifice it did not work for atonement. That was what pagans did and God hated it.

We are to use the sacrifice of the blood of Christ in the same way.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Do you deny the scripture telling us that it worked if done as God told them to for atonement? That means their souls were preserved in sleep until Christ fulfilled the blood sacrifice. It is truth, it is scripture.

Apr 14, 2020
Ignorant comment, meaning lack of understanding ..go back and study more.

And as the physicist, Tyson, has been quoted...

Ignorance is knowing enough to think you are right ....

but not knowing enough to know you are wrong.
What does that comment demonstrate in ignorant of?
Do you deny the scripture telling us that it worked if done as God told them to for atonement? That means their souls were preserved in sleep until Christ fulfilled the blood sacrifice. It is truth, it is scripture.
No I don't deny it. You acknowledge people existed before Christ?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If by saying beast you mean godless liberals then I encourage you to slaughter two a day and at least twice that amount on Tuesdays and every other Saturday.
If Boffy is referring to oysters, then the answer is NEVER!!!:mad: They are not kosher. Besides, it is not kind. Today is hug-your-oyster day.:)

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
In the event anyone missed the warning in their other discussion, the OP member BuffyLou, in that other thread admitted they were a Satanist, if you want to believe that, is actually committing to what appears to be the following of a Trolling formula set forth at this site. https://godishate.blogspot.com/2012/08/trolling-christian-chat-rooms-101.html
WARNING! Christianchat is the first site named. If you're sensitive to vulgar language by vulgar atheists do not open that link.

You'll notice too that that site boasts that Christian sites have closed down. Seemingly due to their Trolling efforts. This Buffy person is not here to be led to Christ so save your breath. They're here to pull our chains to see how far we'll go, how many pages will grow, in the threads they start to that end.

Go in peace! Buffy has none.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
@BuffyLou

Time to get your act together. This may be your last chance and last call.

Apr 14, 2020
In the event anyone missed the warning in their other discussion, the OP member BuffyLou, in that other thread admitted they were a Satanist, if you want to believe that, is actually committing to what appears to be the following of a Trolling formula set forth at this site. https://godishate.blogspot.com/2012/08/trolling-christian-chat-rooms-101.html
WARNING! Christianchat is the first site named. If you're sensitive to vulgar language by vulgar atheists do not open that link.

You'll notice too that that site boasts that Christian sites have closed down. Seemingly due to their Trolling efforts. This Buffy person is not here to be led to Christ so save your breath. They're here to pull our chains to see how far we'll go, how many pages will grow, in the threads they start to that end.

Wrong. I'm very much interested in learning about Christianity. I try my best to apply critical thinking. I will not simply accept something for the sake of it.

Apr 2, 2020
Wrong. I'm very much interested in learning about Christianity. I try my best to apply critical thinking. I will not simply accept something for the sake of it.
You strain at gnats while swallowing camels.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Christ doesn't ask for critical thinking, Christ asks that we humbly listen to Him and walk in His ways.

In the last days we are told that man will get so much knowledge and be so intelligent that they only use their own critical thinking, do not accept how God created the world to be.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Am I wrong? What if Jesus died of natural causes? Would Christianity still exist?
No, Christianity would not exist and never did exist if Jesus did not die on the cross for our sins. Paul mentions this in his epistles. He said that if Jesus did not die for our sins and rose again, then we are still in our sins and should be pitied most of all, having already given up total pursuit of worldly pleasures for a false belief.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The bible agrees with you in this regard. Tell you to test the spirits to see if there is any truth there.

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.

P

pottersclay

And this is the biggest lie you have written

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
Read "The Case for Christ", by Lee Strobel. He was an atheist who set out through investigation to disprove Christianity. Critical thinking, beginning to end. There is also a rebuttal book, "The Case Against Christ". Anyone who invested the time to read them both beginning to end, I would truly believe they were interested in learning more about Christianity in a heartbeat.

Anyone who just wanted to throw potshots without reading much, well...oink oink. Pearls before swine.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I have no idea what any of that means.
This (presumably) is in response to this statement of yours here:

Well, he is welcome to appear to me and allow me to do the same.
That is on your terms. Find any good examples of salvation on your own terms...It could be you don't care for that or think it unreasonable that the creator of the universe chooses not to operate exactly within your defined boundaries and if he does not, he must not exist OR not be who he says he is.

Do you want to actually get somewhere?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Wrong!
Gehenna was a metaphor used by Jesus to describe what is today referred to as Hell. Gehenna is the word for the valley of Hinnom near Jerusalem. A place that burned day and night and consumed the city garbage, and the bodies of those who were executed, or for the poor who had no means of burial.
As for Hell itself, wrong again. The Book of Revelation tells the reader there is no one yet in Hell. Why? It is in the Book of Revelation.

You see, if you really were here to learn about Christianity you'd show more respect for Christianity and the Christians that care to expend the effort to educate your ignorance. Critical thinking is not what you're exercising here. Mockery is.
You open threads as an invitation to continue in that vein and it is apparent as you do so.

But, while you may not believe in God, you'll find the truth in the passage that warns, God is not mocked.
No good thing will come from the time you spent behind the motive that caused you to enter here. Good people, very good, wise, intelligent, Bible believing, people who know the scriptures backward and forward, have chosen to afford you the privilege of their time.
They imagine they will reach someone who appears so young, so angry, so ignorant. And they likely imagine that is your condition because you are lost. And likely imagine you are here to find your way to salvation.
But, when you display the attitude you do in all the threads you've chosen to start as an invitation for them to continue in that vein, and respond the way you do, you're not interested in finding Christ.
What you show is you're interested in countering with contempt what are the avenues accessed in seeking to lead someone, you, to Christ.

I promise you this. God exists. A person doesn't have to believe God is that which is described between the covers of a book. If they're not meant to comprehend what is in that book, they shall not. However, God is real. I say that because I know it is true through personal experience I don't care to share with you.
And I'll tell you another thing, because this has proven itself to me as well long years ago.

When you think to mock and ridicule God, reached through the pathway known as Christianity and because the message of the Christ hearkens unto the sincere seekers in the world, you'll find if you pay attention that things will happen in your life. Things that will show you God is there. And if you pay attention after the first or second evidence, you'll see that what you're doing here will have a semblance of familiarity , you'll recollect your postings here, as what God sends to prove to you he is not mocked shows up in your life.

Do you know where Anton LaVey died? In a Christian hospital! Gasping for air, and wishing he had more time.

I give you my word it is true. God is! And God shall not be mocked.

I will leave it there. I have posted links so that sisters and brothers may glean insight into what I believe is your playbook here.
I will not read you again.

I know God will find you.