how to behave in christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Reformyourself

I agree and it agrees with scripture. When we take our sin to the Lord they are wiped out. Why would we want to sin? It is enough to know our sinful natures leads us to sin we don't want. But we can't want to follow Christ and want to follow sin.
I agree but I’m addicted !! Who will deliver me from this body of death!!

R

Reformyourself

Nigel??

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
empty words

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. (Matthew 5:37)
Since you have not yet learned to use the "Reply" button, you have just called the words of God "empty".

FYI, it's in the lower right of the post to which you are responding.

R

Reformyourself

Since you have not yet learned to use the "Reply" button, you have just called the words of God "empty".

FYI, it's in the lower right of the post to which you are responding.
Stop picking on him. 😡

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I agree but I’m addicted !! Who will deliver me from this body of death!!
Been there, done that!! To add to this sin is the guilt, not accepting that God cleans you.

But you don't want to repeat this sin, God is with you to help you with your addiction. There are agencies now to help, also. God wants to completely fill you so there is no room for the addiction. Stay quiet in your soul and let God so completely within you there is no room for the cravings.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You have quoted almost the entire bible. I prefer "Line upon line, precept upon precept. A little here, a little there." It would take someone an entire year to digest all of the verses you provided, and entire lifetime to actually apply them. Thank you but I'm not really a novice on scripture and feel it is best to follow scripture as the Holy Spirit guides me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Been there, done that!! To add to this sin is the guilt, not accepting that God cleans you.

But you don't want to repeat this sin, God is with you to help you with your addiction. There are agencies now to help, also. God wants to completely fill you so there is no room for the addiction. Stay quiet in your soul and let God so completely within you there is no room for the cravings.
That may help my cravings also. God Bless You.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Law Old Testament, Grace New Testament.
Basically yes. I like to say that the old covenant is Law and the new covenant is grace (in a nutshell). :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:7-8)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:22-23)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1Corinthians 6:9-10)
Revelation 12:11 (KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You have missed totally what the Bible is about. It is about Jesus. God the Father sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins! That is the glorious message of salvation. (It is not about us! We are a people learning to walk with Christ.

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Why did he send Jesus to die in our place? Because we could never obey the whole Bible. We could never obey the moral laws, let alone the 613 Levitical laws. Only Jesus is perfect. He is the only one who did what he said he would do!'

Now, God did give his moral law, that we might obey it. But God knew we could not keep the law. So he gave us the gift of faith, that we might believe and he would save us. Ephesians 2 explains it clearly.

"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins 2 in which you previously walked according to the ways of this world, according to the ruler who exercises authority over the lower heavens, the spirit now working in the disobedient. 3 We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires, carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and we were by nature children under wrath as the others were also. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, 5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses. You are saved by grace! 6 Together with Christ Jesus He also raised us up and seated us in the heavens, 7 so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace through His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— 9 not from works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them." Eph 2:1-10

There is a wonderful joy in knowing and serving Jesus. When God saved us, the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts and lives, and makes us new creatures in Christ.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. 18 Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:17-18

In all the OP's posts, there is a servile groping to be righteous in your own flesh. The only righteousness we can have comes from God. The Holy Spirit leads a guided us. He points out our sins, and gives us the power to change into the image of Christ.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God" Romans 5:1-2

I pray Jesus will save you, instead of works of the law. Every day I try to obey God in everything, and each day I fail, sometimes in a small ways, and sometimes in big ways. But God has made a door to him every daily!

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:8-10

I have security in Christ, knowing he is leading me and guiding me away from sin, and towards the righteousness of God. When God saved me, I repented of my sins. And each day I try to repent of my sins, and confess them to God. I can do this, because God made me his own. God also knows how and why I fail. Yet, he keeps transforming me into his glory.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3:18

My hope is in a heart relationship with Jesus Christ. It is not in my own works to keep the law Jesus fulfilled in the cross.

"The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins." Hebrews 10:1-4

"The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more." Hebrews 20:15-17

The law is written in our hearts and minds. Christ has forgiven us and made us part of his kingdom by writing on our hearts and never leaving us.

"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

4 Such confidence we have through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 2 Cor 3:3-6

Has God made you a living stone? Has he written on your heart? If not you need The Holy Spirit to help you believe that you have been justified by faith, I pray you will turn from this terrible legalism, and find the living Christ right next to you, ready to help you live for Jesus, and obey God with the help of the Holy Spirit.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
the response was for the last comment, sometimes i do that
The difficulty with doing that is that sometimes, while you are typing, someone else has commented so their comments is in between your new one and the one to which you are replying. This can lead to misunderstanding and the person you wrote to is not notified that there is a response to their

May 25, 2020
blogger
guys, i can't stay here. i have no question, i have certainties. here is my blog with all i can think about christianity. if i broke a rule, please delete it, and i apologize