How to defend the doctrine of the Holy Trinity

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I have had visions of Jesus Christ; so yes I have seen God.

The doctrine of the Trinity has been simply revealed to me and I relate what it is in the thread in question.

Here:

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/understanding-the-trinity-as-a-doctrine.201406/
well, a vision of God is not the same as seeing God :) when God has to place you between two Mountains and cover you with HIS hands and tell you to look at HIS back side because to See HIS face and Live is impossible. Then you tell me you have seen God ok :)
 
well, a vision of God is not the same as seeing God :) when God has to place you between two Mountains and cover you with HIS hands and tell you to look at HIS back side because to See HIS face and Live is impossible. Then you tell me you have seen God ok :)
Jesus has declared the Father to us.

And He said in John 14:7-11 that whoever has seen Him has seen the Father.

I do believe that having a vision of God qualifies as seeing Him...that is the definition of "vision"...it implies seeing.
 
Jesus has declared the Father to us.

And He said in John 14:7-11 that whoever has seen Him has seen the Father.

I do believe that having a vision of God qualifies as seeing Him...that is the definition of "vision"...it implies seeing.
nope :) it doesn't :)
 
Nope :) it does :)

;)


it will not make me think any less of you nor will it make me think any more of you either :). vision or not you understanding God has to be supported by what the word says, not by what you say you have seen :)
 
it will not make me think any less of you nor will it make me think any more of you either :). vision or not you understanding God has to be supported by what the word says, not by what you say you have seen :)
Of course I do my best to adhere to what the word says in all of the doctrine that I believe in and preach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CS1
I will assume you are talking to my post.


If the spirit that guides you, says to reinterpret the Scriptures, then I recommend to you not to imbibe. If the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, why do you have so much trouble accepting the plainly spoken verses.
I don't, you do have that difficulty, Jesus said many such as you would hold to an outward form of Godliness denying the power, His Own would do the greater works than He Himself.
Why do you have so much trouble with plainly written scripture?
best wishes
 
Psa 12:6, The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
 
I don't, you do have that difficulty, Jesus said many such as you would hold to an outward form of Godliness denying the power, His Own would do the greater works than He Himself.
Why do you have so much trouble with plainly written scripture?
best wishes
God says he is the One Chairman. But you say not really, He is a co-chair of a 3 person board??? There is no I in team.
Jesus says the Father is greater than him. But you say not really, he is a co-equal??? There is no up or down or all around?
God pours out His Spirit so people can prophesy. But you say not really, the Holy Spirit is a co-chair of the board??? Persons can be like water - Bruce Lee.

When God says don't eat that fruit, what is He really saying based on your wonderful experience?
There is no substitute for reason.
 
He said plainly in the beginning, " Let us create"
I just thought it was about time to start a Trinity thread. I just got off of the BDF new forums page and here's one that I haven't seen lately. Excuse me, I wasn't piggybacking. It was an oversight.
 
God says he is the One Chairman. But you say not really, He is a co-chair of a 3 person board??? There is no I in team.
Jesus says the Father is greater than him. But you say not really, he is a co-equal??? There is no up or down or all around?
God pours out His Spirit so people can prophesy. But you say not really, the Holy Spirit is a co-chair of the board??? Persons can be like water - Bruce Lee.

When God says don't eat that fruit, what is He really saying based on your wonderful experience?
There is no substitute for reason.
What does Yahweh mean literally?


The meaning of the name `Yahweh' has been interpreted as “He Who Makes That Which Has Been Made” or “He Brings into Existence Whatever Exists”, though other interpretations have been offered by many scholars.

Yahweh - World History Encyclopedia
https://www.worldhistory.org › Yahweh
 
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 
Try and reason that Jesus is not God and you are talking of a different religion to christianity. Try and reason the same for the Holy Spirit and the Father that they are not God and you are doing the same thing.

The word trinity isn't in the bible but the deity of all 3 expressions of God is!

Inferiority in the Godhead equals non christian belief.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Absolutely
No sir, I fully know that I can not fully know all there is to God. My understanding doesn't impress God at all and I can tell you He is not impressed with your's either :). I am limited by the truth That God knows all I do not. In that understanding I am able to see Jesus as God, The Father as God the Holy Spirit as God yet all distinctively different, yet still one. I am unable to comprehend all God is but I am able to Apprehend who God is :). I know God as

The Savior
The Lord
The Healer
The Deliver
The Provider
The God of Mercy
The Who answers prayer
The God who speaks
The God who is the Son
and the God who is the Holy Spirit
The God who created all
He is the helper, The Comforter, Commander of Lords Host, the fourth man in the fiery Furnace.
He laid down HIS life and Has the power to take it back again.
That much I know


of course we are each where we are at in our understanding... but we - c a n - grow

being able to learn new things -- as they are revealed to us -- is a quality of a child

a city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. but in the valleys and up on the sides of the hill -- wherever the townsfolk have slowed or stopped even... saying -- as it were ---- "I have arrived" ---- the brightness further up towards the city on the hill -- can seem strange and even glaringly so. for it is not what is said is supposed to be -- it is not the accepted. but the children -- they run on ahead... they do not stop... full of joy and questions... finding many wonders... the new is not written in stone for them... yet. young and free... and trusting that light... so bright... and beautiful...

like them.. alive and free. free to find the City themselves -- in a l l of it's knowns and unknowns -- it's darknesses and many lights... it's majestic splendor and waiting rooms and corridors. that others dare not approach... 'safe' on the sides of the Hill.
 
of course we are each where we are at in our understanding... but we - c a n - grow

being able to learn new things -- as they are revealed to us -- is a quality of a child

a city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. but in the valleys and up on the sides of the hill -- wherever the townsfolk have slowed or stopped even... saying -- as it were ---- "I have arrived" ---- the brightness further up towards the city on the hill -- can seem strange and even glaringly so. for it is not what is said is supposed to be -- it is not the accepted. but the children -- they run on ahead... they do not stop... full of joy and questions... finding many wonders... the new is not written in stone for them... yet. young and free... and trusting that light... so bright... and beautiful...

like them.. alive and free. free to find the City themselves -- in a l l of it's knowns and unknowns -- it's darknesses and many lights... it's majestic splendor and waiting rooms and corridors. that others dare not approach... 'safe' on the sides of the Hill.
you have said nothing new all was said in the word of God therefore you know what is known you do not know all of God nor will we in the flesh
 
by limiting yourself to certain limits, which you stated -- you have limited yourself -- to /under those limits...

limits to your thoughts -- to your very mind -- to your understanding -- to your logic. -- limits to truth.
And you?

You are all knowing?