How To Even Meet Someone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Wait. That’s how my thought process was? I didn’t know.

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
Who died and made you the expert in what goes on in women's heads? Also who made it your job to push everyone into pursuing relationships even after they say they've learned to be content single? Did you tear 1 Cor 7 out of your Bible?
Thank you! Well put.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
Not good. Women are capable of going off the script! Brother Steve, there's a revolution going on and we need new pickup lines!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Not good. Women are capable of going off the script! Brother Steve, there's a revolution going on and we need new pickup lines!
Impossible to imagine that women are different enough that you might have to actually tailor your conversation to the individual instead of acting like women are programmable robots that this input will always give you this output.

I mean next people will be saying that a woman can have a polite conversation with you without being romantically interested in you.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I forgot to put the above post in sarcasm tags. Need that since tone of voice doesn't always translate well and I wasn't trying to be cold to cold.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
I forgot to put the above post in sarcasm tags. Need that since tone of voice doesn't always translate well and I wasn't trying to be cold to cold.
No worries. I was obviously joking myself so I assumed you were as well. Though tobacco withdrawal led me to make that joke against my better judgement. I'm sure others could have read my joke as an actual statement rather than me just joking around. So in the best interest of all, I apologize for that joke.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

I mean next people will be saying that a woman can have a polite conversation with you without being romantically interested in you.
I'm sorry Cinder, but your post is just 2 Scandalous 4 This Forum!!! o_O:LOL::cool:

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
No worries. I was obviously joking myself so I assumed you were as well. Though tobacco withdrawal led me to make that joke against my better judgement. I'm sure others could have read my joke as an actual statement rather than me just joking around. So in the best interest of all, I apologize for that joke.
No apologies, Sir! That post cracked me up :ROFL:

Maybe the tobacco withdrawal is just helping you to be more yourself :p. Here in "singles" we're pretty accustomed to sarcasm, most of the hyper-literal peeps are stuck over in the Bible discussion forum. Keep those sardonic quips coming! :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh, but I'm here to tell you from experience, that what I've laid out in my posts really does work, especially if the woman is willing to take the first risk. I realize that I've been directing my coaching toward men, but if a woman were to initiate the first contact, it's nearly guaranteed to work.

You see, we men are born clueless about approaching a woman, getting the first date, and building the romance. Yet we are assigned this task by society and are expected to somehow be proficient at it.

If YOU were to assign yourself this task, YOU would guarantee your success by:

1. Letting some poor, clueless fellow off the hook

2. Teaching this clueless dude what you want

3. Taking responsibility for the outcomes

The problem is that most women don't want to take the first risk in a relationship. They rightly assume there will be rejection along the way, so they want it to fall on the man's shoulders.

The problem is that you cannot sit back and let the man do all the work if you are upset with the outcomes.

If this is working for you, fine. But I have to ask, are you simply taking the easy way out here? Are you letting negativity and martyrdom work for you? If so, being miserable is not the most God-honoring way to live. I know this from experience.

It could be that you're also afraid of success just as much as failure. It's this fear of success that can hold people back, just as much as being rejected.

For example, a woman's thought process during a successful encounter with a man might look something like this:

"Oh my goodness, he's coming over here to talk to me! What do I do now? Oh my, he's soooooo good-looking!"

He says hi and you say hi back. He also dares to introduce himself. You suddenly can't remember your name, but somehow, you get it out there to him.

You continue with your internal dialogue. "Oh, I just don't know about this. Why would such a handsome guy want to talk to me, anyway? What's he up to? I bet he's NOT a Christian. If he asks me out, what will I do? I have no clothes to wear, and besides, I certainly don't want to compete with THAT!"

He tries to continue the conversation, but you've decided that, since having any success with this guy would be waaaaaaay too risky, you politely tell him you have to go.

I'm not saying this is you, but if there is any hint of this sort of dialog going on in your head during the courting process, it could derail your efforts rather quickly. :)
Patronizing.

Supercilious.

Making large assumptions about what an entire gender thinks.

Claiming things work when simple observation shows they do not work.

How many more infractions of common sense do you want to rack up here?

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
Patronizing.

Supercilious.

Making large assumptions about what an entire gender thinks.

Claiming things work when simple observation shows they do not work.

How many more infractions of common sense do you want to rack up here?
Oh have mercy!!!
🤦

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
I believe, based on my own experience, that the first date is critical in deciding whether to pursue a potential relationship that may lead to marriage.
I agree

If you did not enjoy the company of a first date, then there is no reason for a second one.
Exactly

You can have a lot of fun during the dating process but if the one that you are dating will not have your back and be by your side when tough times enviably come than why waste time in such a relationship?
It would be a waste of time for sure.

Two or three dates is sufficient time, at least in my experience, to determine whether a prospect is worth the risks of heartbreak or disappointment, or possibly causing irreparable harm in all areas of your life.
Really one, but I get your point.

Of course, the guidance of God is key in this process. Much prayer and contemplation is required. You reach a point in your life where you either know what you want, or you don't.
Well put.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Didn't this guy say in one post that men, absolutely, every time Must initiate? Now turning around and offering advice for if the woman initiates as if it's totally fine?
🤔

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I once let a guy know I liked him. It didn’t turn out well for me lol.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Didn't this guy say in one post that men, absolutely, every time Must initiate? Now turning around and offering advice for if the woman initiates as if it's totally fine?
Didn't I push the "IGNORE" button for "this guy" already? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Didn't I push the "IGNORE" button for "this guy" already? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
I'm guessing Steve has about 2/3 of the regulars in Singles on Ignore.

It must be hard contributing to a conversation when you can only read a small fraction of the posts.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
I like to think that I have the honor of being the first one on ignore. Idk why but it feels like an achievement.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Oh no. I'm on ignore. However shall I go on? *faints into chair
🙄
What a narcissistic d bag.