How to identify the right partner for love among your female friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I have no idea what’s going on in here now lol.

It’s one thing to speak the truth. Anyone can quote Scripture.

It’s quite another thing to speak the truth in love and with love. This is something I struggle with constantly. Too often I speak the truth simply because I can and to show others “hey! I’m smarter than you!” It all feeds my pride.

Notimportant, I see you are trying to help others. Unfortunately, tone gets lost when it comes to posting on any forum because it’s words on a screen. You may be saying it one way, but others read it in a different way. We have all kinds of people here from all kinds of backgrounds. Yes, the Word or God is truth and we all need it, but we also need to speak with compassion. We are all a work in progress.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
OBEY Gods Instructions !!!
The sin of one brings death to all the world and the righteousness and Faith of One brings life to all that listen.

I don't take out verses to twist them, you are lacking discernment, instruction and His Word abiding in you.
Those words that you say are just on screen testify of you and all i have said so that you don't say: He was speaking false after all that you come to taste in your life.

For you know well that the Words of the Bible are not just some Words on a paper.
Jesus Christ said: It is the Spirit that quickens, the flesh profits nothing, these Words that I Speak are Spirit and are Life.

And what, is it so hard for anyone to hear a reproof ? How else would there be learning if there is no reproof ?
A good gardener circumcise His vine so that the same gets renewed and grow to produce fruit.
Since we're clearly so incompetent at knowing and obeying scripture will you please show us how it's done? Here are a couple commands in scripture I hardly ever see anyone obey:

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. - Matt 10:14

Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. ...Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive his approval. ... So why do you condemn another believer[fn]? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. Romans 14: 1, 4, 10

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. "And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, 'Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.
[Mat 7:1-5 NLT]

I'm sure I can find more it you manage to master these. Just let me know.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If I could live in some good place without drugs, gangs, criminality, flag-adoration, corruption, police state and militarism, why not.

But these places are called Canada, generally.

(Shots fired).
As of October 13 (or thereabouts), we will have drugs... legally, and sadly. We have gangs, though they congregate near urban centres... and in prisons. As for the rest, we have it all, but mostly on Netflix. ;)

NotImportant

May 19, 2018
Since we're clearly so incompetent at knowing and obeying scripture will you please show us how it's done? Here are a couple commands in scripture I hardly ever see anyone obey:

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. - Matt 10:14

Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. ...Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive his approval. ... So why do you condemn another believer[fn]? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. Romans 14: 1, 4, 10

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. "And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, 'Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.
[Mat 7:1-5 NLT]

I'm sure I can find more it you manage to master these. Just let me know.
You are right, dust shaken off, thanks for the verses :D
It was for their own good :D

To answer your questions:
1. I never condemned anyone, those without the Word of God living in them are condemned already and people know it but don't admit it.
2. God removes my log so that i can straighten faith and share some Word, but people say: we don't need it, we are well pleased, but it is not so.
3. Contrary to what you might believe, i do follow these instructions and the same rest in me. :D

And for last i will say again (already said it couple of times) but to be honest i'll be happy to share again:
Example of doing good in secret and Truth: relieve the oppressed, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, do righteousness, relieve the burdened, fellowship in Light and Truth :D that is real fasting in which God delights into :D

And yeah I agree, the student cannot be more then the teacher :D those INSTRUCTED in the Kingdom of God are as the teacher.
If i haven't seen or witnessed I would not be here sharing all this to bother to reprove.

And once again: those without the Kingdom of God are condemned from the very beginning. No need of judgment.
But there IS reproof and reproof is NOT judgment. It's for the sake to turn someone away from going into the pit they are headed into.

Obeying the Word is to do things not from our thought and desire but as the Father instructs through the Spirit of Life and Truth.
Ask one another : what God says and not : what is the prophecy of God.
These are the things that should be observed and understood, for everything ask for understanding in order not to err.
Be without many planning thoughts, gird yourself in the armor and Truth of God in all joy and brightness and you will see no night nor darkness, good things follow. Then shall you shine in the darkness and all night around you will be illuminated. It's that simple.
Little here, little there.
I have much to share (not teach) but what good does it do to a hardened heart?
Only God teaches His discrete servants and He says: you are all brethren. I give understanding to those that do my will.
What is His will? To believe upon the One that He sends.

L

LittleMermaid

If I could live in some good place without drugs, gangs, criminality, flag-adoration, corruption, police state and militarism, why not.

(Shots fired).
Usually when people talk smack about another country...it's because they're jealous. And why wouldn't you be? USA is the best country ever.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Usually when people talk smack about another country...it's because they're jealous. And why wouldn't you be? USA is the best country ever.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate

I do not say that some places in the USA cannot be great for living, I would choose som places near mountains, national parks etc. With lower ppl density.

I would not want to live in huge cities like New York and similar. Too much stress, polution and crime.

L

LaVieEnRose

(Shots fired).
Canada is the land of the boring.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

I think it's fine, and reasonable, for everyone to feel some affection for their homeland.

I think this is normal.

I think what is abnormal is when people do not.
If you do not feel any affection for your homeland, you stop taking care of it.

------

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Typical american ignorance.

Nobody said they MUST date him if they do not like him.
First, I hesitate to consider LaVieEnRose as a typical American.

Second, why do people think Americans should know every detail of every other country? I have never heard anybody disparaging an Italian because he didn't know every detail of how Canada's government works. I have never heard of a Mexican being denigrated because he doesn't know the intricacies of labor laws in France. But every time an American doesn't know some random factoid about another country, I hear the same thing. "Typical Americans, never bother learning anything about another country. They're so self-centered, they think their country is better than all the rest."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Canada is the land of the boring.
Lots of it! We have at least 150,000 holes in the ground just here in Saskatchewan! Not all were bored though. Some were augered, some were jetted, and a few were hand-dug.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think it's fine, and reasonable, for everyone to feel some affection for their homeland.

I think this is normal.

I think what is abnormal is when people do not.
If you do not feel any affection for your homeland, you stop taking care of it.
-
Or you move to America, seek to undermine its political and social fabric, and try desperately to move the rest of your relations there also.

Oh, did I type that out loud?

Aug 2, 2009
America is already doing a fine job of ripping apart its political and social fabric without anyone's help..

L

LaVieEnRose

First, I hesitate to consider LaVieEnRose as a typical American.

Second, why do people think Americans should know every detail of every other country? I have never heard anybody disparaging an Italian because he didn't know every detail of how Canada's government works. I have never heard of a Mexican being denigrated because he doesn't know the intricacies of labor laws in France. But every time an American doesn't know some random factoid about another country, I hear the same thing. "Typical Americans, never bother learning anything about another country. They're so self-centered, they think their country is better than all the rest."
I take that as a compliment. The typical American is illiterate.

L

LaVieEnRose

Lots of it! We have at least 150,000 holes in the ground just here in Saskatchewan! Not all were bored though. Some were augered, some were jetted, and a few were hand-dug.
And it is also the home of bad puns.