How to love your family, when God hates the nonelects?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
In the mind of a Calvinist, Jesus feeds 5,000 people, points to three of them sitting up front and says, God has chosen you to receive salvation, but the rest of you better savor that fish and bread cause y’all are beat.
Wow, good illustration. I cannot even imagine believing in this God.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Scripture teaches man things about God.God is primarily HOLY
When Isa. saw Jesus in chapter 6...he said Holy, Holy, Holy.........not love, love, love.
God is love, and yet it is a HOLY LOVE. A Holy wrath, A Holy Judgment, A Holy righteousness.
God is Love, this is the first and foremost attribute of God, everything else is within this essence of God is love.
We know this because of the first commandment,
Calvinists really mess up the character of God to make their system work!!!

images.jpg
(from the internet!!)

What do you think "holy" means?

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
ThereRoseaLamb,

{They absolutely did not!!]

Jesus and the Apostles and prophets taught these truths as foundational doctrines Eph2:20

[No where does the Bible teach that only an elect few can be saved]

Correct, it was an elect multitude that gets saved,look here;Gen13:
And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

[and the rest go to hell, ]
They do go to hell. Where do you think they go? a resort on Holiday?

[not from their own choosing,]

Really? Men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

[but God CREATED them to be destroyed. Bible doesn't teach it, period.]

3._____ By the decree of God, for the manifestation of his glory, some men and angels are predestinated, or foreordained to eternal life through Jesus Christ, to the praise of his glorious grace; others being left to act in their sin to their just condemnation, to the praise of his glorious justice.
( 1 Timothy 5:21; Matthew 25:34; Ephesians 1:5, 6; Romans 9:22, 23; Jude 4 )

[I was in evangelism for a long time. We didn't stand up, preach the Word and say " Hey, we don't know if you got saved tonight. You may still go to hell. So, good luck with that." NO!! ]

You preached what is known as "easy believism" which is an incomplete defective message

[Those who believe ARE saved.]

Those who believe by a God given faith are saved, Those who only make a carnal fleshly profession are lost

[It is not only utter nonsense, it is heresy to say that people CANNOT be saved.]

Not according to Jesus;
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

[That is a lie from the pit of hell. Calvin as Luther stuck too much to their Catholic influences even when they came out of it. They both had issues with antisemitism, influence of the Catholic church. In many ways they did more harm than good.]
That is your caricature, it keeps you from truth.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
God is Love, this is the first and foremost attribute of God, everything else is within this essence of God is love.
We know this because of the first commandment,
Calvinists really mess up the character of God to make their system work!!!

View attachment 251687
(from the internet!!)

What do you think "holy" means?
You ignored what I posted because you have made up your own image of who you believe is God. You do not like the God revealed in scripture, so you pick and choose what parts you like. Just make up your own definition as you do that anyway.

Jun 20, 2022

First of all, ANY PERSON, who uses the term, NONELECT, Are the NONELECTS [there's a few WHOLE Denominations alone, that that covers].

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
{They absolutely did not!!]

Jesus and the Apostles and prophets taught these truths as foundational doctrines Eph2:20

Jesus did not preach or teach Calvinism. That Scripture doesn't teach it either.

[No where does the Bible teach that only an elect few can be saved]

Correct, it was an elect multitude that gets saved,look here;Gen13:
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
That wasn't my point. My point is God did not create elect people and then damn the rest to hell. Hell is a choice.

[and the rest go to hell, ]
They do go to hell. Where do you think they go? a resort on Holiday?
Don't really think hell is a humorous situation. You are taking snippets of what I'm saying and that is unfair. I'm saying God did not CREATE people to go to hell. Of course people who don't accept Christ will go to hell, but that is their CHOICE.

[not from their own choosing,]

Really? Men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Here is my quote. You are cutting up my comments to make them say something other than what I meant for them to say. Please use my full quote.

Here is what my quote was ...
"No where does the Bible teach that only an elect few can be saved and the rest go to hell, not from their own choosing, but God CREATED them to be destroyed."

[but God CREATED them to be destroyed. Bible doesn't teach it, period.]

3._____ By the decree of God, for the manifestation of his glory, some men and angels are predestinated, or foreordained to eternal life through Jesus Christ, to the praise of his glorious grace; others being left to act in their sin to their just condemnation, to the praise of his glorious justice.
( 1 Timothy 5:21; Matthew 25:34; Ephesians 1:5, 6; Romans 9:22, 23; Jude 4 )
So random verses taken out of context adds what to the conversation?! God did not create a people to be saved and a people to be damned. He did not create a people that are unable to be saved, who are without hope and damned before they begin life. The Bible does not teach it and those Scriptures don't either.

[I was in evangelism for a long time. We didn't stand up, preach the Word and say " Hey, we don't know if you got saved tonight. You may still go to hell. So, good luck with that." NO!! ]

You preached what is known as "easy believism" which is an incomplete defective message
Don't you ever speak that lie again !! I count very seriously the lives and the souls of people that came to the Lord. We preached the Word. And that comment is an utter and vile lie. A keyboard warrior is not going to tell me that sharing the Gospel where people are saved, marriages are healed, people come out of bondage of drugs is easy believism. That is falsehood.

[Those who believe ARE saved.]

Those who believe by a God given faith are saved, Those who only make a carnal fleshly profession are lost
Well, we aren't following the Gospel according to Iconoclast, and the the Lord for that! We are following what the Word says, and the verses were already shared. Those who believe on Him are saved. You can try and bar the way a hundred different ways, but the Bible tells who can be saved, how they are saved, and that they can know they are saved and on their way to heaven. That's what the Word says, that's what we preached. There is no other Gospel according to Calvin.

[It is not only utter nonsense, it is heresy to say that people CANNOT be saved.]

Not according to Jesus;
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
This proves what I am saying, not what you are saying! You won't believe me ( choice) you won't listen to me (choice) !! If you believe Calvinism that person CANNOT hear, believe, or obey because God already created them with a defect, they're going to hell. This is saying you have a choice, you have a will , you won't believe me, you won't hear me, that's choice. They can hear, they can believe, they CHOOSE not to do either. You made my point, thanks.

[That is a lie from the pit of hell. Calvin as Luther stuck too much to their Catholic influences even when they came out of it. They both had issues with antisemitism, influence of the Catholic church. In many ways they did more harm than good.]
That is your caricature, it keeps you from truth.

Fact is fact whether you like it or you don't. Before you stand behind Calvins "gospel", you might want to learn something about the man himself. No "man" keeps me from the Truth!! I have the Word, I don't need Calvin.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
You ignored what I posted because you have made up your own image of who you believe is God. You do not like the God revealed in scripture, so you pick and choose what parts you like. Just make up your own definition as you do that anyway.

If you agree with Calvins view of God, then God is cruel, lies and has no mercy. Much like the man Calvin himself who showed little mercy.

Jun 20, 2022
If you agree with Calvins view of God, then God is cruel, lies and has no mercy. Much like the man Calvin himself who showed little mercy.
They HATE this!!

Romans 1:

19 because what can be known about God is plain to them—for God has shown it to them.

20 His invisible attributes—His eternal power and His divine nature—have been clearly seen ever since the creation of the world, being understood through the things that have been made. So people are without excuse

21 for even though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or give Him thanks.

This Verse 21, explains that Scientists, world known Atheists, every HUMAN that looked up and gazed at the stars, flew and observed the landscape, traveled by water and discovered the wind patterns and natural disaster pathways, can walk mountain trails, tourist bike trails, hiking, so many things to get out there and SEE what God did at Creation and still here today. And, it especially includes those who are Now Saved.
Are?
Paul said: "for God has shown it to them, So people are without excuse, for even though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Did I mention Calvin at all?
Can you show a direst quote where Calvin says God lies?
Can you show a direct quote where Calvin says God is cruel?
Or are you hiding behind a shallow mention of Calvin because you cannot respond to what is being offered?
I doubt you have read much if any Calvin.
Calvin lived his life before God and will answer to God based on his life then.
We answer for ourselves. You were not around where Calvin lived, so rather than repeat half truths, deal with the scriptures at hand.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017

First of all, ANY PERSON, who uses the term, NONELECT, Are the NONELECTS [there's a few WHOLE Denominations alone, that that covers].
Not sure what you mean by your comments, can you expand your ideas.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Can you show a direst quote where Calvin says God lies?
Calvin doesn't say God lies, He makes God a liar when he twists Scripture to say something it doesn't. Like Jesus didn't die for the world, or that He doesn't love the sinner and wish for them to be saved.

Can you show a direct quote where Calvin says God is cruel?
Calvin doesn't say God is cruel, his beliefs do. To teach that God created a people to be destroyed, that their only purpose is for hell and they cannot be saved, then yes, that is cruel and that is not God.

Or are you hiding behind a shallow mention of Calvin because you cannot respond to what is being offered?
I can respond night and day with what is being offered, not one question yet I haven't answered using the Word.

I doubt you have read much if any Calvin.
Oh trust me, we've gotten a snoot full of Calvin here, more than we ever wanted.

You were not around where Calvin lived, so rather than repeat half truths, deal with the scriptures at hand.
I think you are either very naive or you know exactly what I'm talking about. There is such a thing as history, and I think you better do some reading before you accuse a fellow Christian of half truths.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
ThereRoseaLamb,

TRL, let's see what you have got! Looks like an emotional rant, devoid of facts.

[Jesus did not preach or teach Calvinism.]
Sure He did. This tells us you have no clue, no idea what the teaching is.

[That Scripture doesn't teach it either.]

Again it is clear you are not well studied on either account, I would not point that out, except you are getting hostile.

[That wasn't my point. My point is God did not create elect people and then damn the rest to hell. ]
God considered mankind as fallen, and headed for hell, In love and mercy he elected a multitude to be saved.
You fail to understand the confessional statement.

[Hell is a choice.]
Wrong again, sin is the choice that sinners are bound to. hell is the consequence.

[Don't really think hell is a humorous situation. You are taking snippets of what I'm saying and that is unfair. I'm saying God did not CREATE people to go to hell.]
No one said He did, but you made that suggestion.

[Of course people who don't accept Christ will go to hell, but that is their CHOICE.]

Men are bound by sin since the fall/It is not a choice but rather the default position of the natural man.

[Here is my quote. You are cutting up my comments to make them say something other than what I meant for them to say. Please use my full quote]

"No where does the Bible teach that only an elect few can be saved and the rest go to hell, not from their own choosing, but God CREATED them to be destroyed."]

Your quote is a confused mess of contradictions and caricatures

[So random verses taken out of context adds what to the conversation?! God did not create a people to be saved and a people to be damned. He did not create a people that are unable to be saved, who are without hope and damned before they begin life. The Bible does not teach it and those Scriptures don't either. ]

Most of the problem is right here. You have no clue, what happened at creation and the fall.

[Don't you ever speak that lie again !! I count very seriously the lives and the souls of people that came to the Lord. We preached the Word. And that comment is an utter and vile lie. A keyboard warrior is not going to tell me that sharing the Gospel where people are saved, marriages are healed, people come out of bondage of drugs is easy believism. That is falsehood.]
All who teach easy believism do not own it, hopefully, God uses what you did for His glory

[Well, we aren't following the Gospel according to Iconoclast, and the the Lord for that! We are following what the Word says, and the verses were already shared. Those who believe on Him are saved. You can try and bar the way a hundred different ways, but the Bible tells who can be saved, how they are saved, and that they can know they are saved and on their way to heaven. That's what the Word says, that's what we preached. There is no other Gospel according to Calvin.]

More emotional nonsense. No facts, No understanding.
[This proves what I am saying, not what you are saying! You won't believe me ( choice) you won't listen to me (choice) !! If you believe Calvinism that person CANNOT hear, believe, or obey because God already created them with a defect, they're going to hell. This is saying you have a choice, you have a will , you won't believe me, you won't hear me, that's choice. They can hear, they can believe, they CHOOSE not to do either. You made my point, thanks.]
No...it proves you have a man centered point of view. A man centered theology

[Fact is fact whether you like it or you don't. Before you stand behind Calvins "gospel", you might want to learn something about the man himself. No "man" keeps me from the Truth!! I have the Word, I don't need Calvin.]
You insert Calvin, who you know nothing about, to avoid showing that you do not know the word as you should.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
"ThereRoseaLamb,

[Calvin doesn't say God lies, He makes God a liar when he twists Scripture to say something it doesn't.]

That is you twisting things, your wrong understanding.

[Like Jesus didn't die for the world, or that He doesn't love the sinner and wish for them to be saved.]

These are separate topics that i Do not think you can defend biblically. Stop hiding behind Calvin

[Calvin doesn't say God is cruel, his beliefs do. To teach that God created a people to be destroyed, that their only purpose is for hell and they cannot be saved, then yes, that is cruel and that is not God.]

You cannot show Calvinists teach this. Show me where the 1689 confession teaches or offers verses saying this!

[I can respond night and day with what is being offered, not one question yet I haven't answered using the Word.]
Not in the posts to me.

[Oh trust me, we've gotten a snoot full of Calvin here, more than we ever wanted.]
From a mainstream Calvinists eyes, you are fighting strawmen, not biblical Calvinism.

[I think you are either very naive or you know exactly what I'm talking about. There is such a thing as history, and I think you better do some reading before you accuse a fellow Christian of half truths.]

I am very simple, but will look to scripture. Bring whatever you have got my friend.

Jul 14, 2019
Better to quit believing in the elect. God's plan was predestined. Read it again. Those he foreknew we're predestined to be conformed to Christ' image. The conforming was predestined. Your family could get saved whenever they choose. If you can't love them you can't love God. How can you love God who you don't see if you don't love Man who you can see. That's Bible. You sound frustrated that they don't listen. Faith works patience. Just get forgiveness of hating them I suggest and love sinners. Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Better to quit believing in the elect. God's plan was predestined. Read it again. Those he foreknew we're predestined to be conformed to Christ' image. The conforming was predestined. Your family could get saved whenever they choose. If you can't love them you can't love God. How can you love God who you don't see if you don't love Man who you can see. That's Bible. You sound frustrated that they don't listen. Faith works patience. Just get forgiveness of hating them I suggest and love sinners. Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.
Hello Jonathan,
I would like to help you with this. You offer several topics here, all good and need to be discussed.
Quick answer is, the Apostles all believed in the elect, so it is not better to quit believing in the truth of God.
Let me offer you this;
http://vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
ThereRoseaLamb,
TRL, let's see what you have got! Looks like an emotional rant, devoid of facts.
Well now you've not been able to prove a Scripture wrong that I've posted. I noticed you skipped answering most of those posts. I'd say the one trying to defend a man instead of the Word is the "emotional" one.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[Jesus did not preach or teach Calvinism.]
Sure He did.

[That Scripture doesn't teach it either.]

Again it is clear you are not well studied on either account,
He didn't and many have shared Scripture here to prove that wrong.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[That wasn't my point. My point is God did not create elect people and then damn the rest to hell. ]
God considered mankind as fallen, and headed for hell, In love and mercy he elected a multitude to be saved.
You fail to understand the confessional statement.
No, you fail to understand the character of God. Love and mercy have nothing to do with a god who would send people to hell with no hope, no choice, forbidding them to even cry out to Him, no that is not the God of the Bible. That is the god of Calvin.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[Hell is a choice.]
Wrong again, sin is the choice that sinners are bound to. hell is the consequence.
No, sinners can be set free of sin. Some choose to stay in sin. But God wants to set them free.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[Don't really think hell is a humorous situation. You are taking snippets of what I'm saying and that is unfair. I'm saying God did not CREATE people to go to hell.]
No one said He did, but you made that suggestion.
No, you did. Or is that a part of Calvinism you don't adhere to?

ThereRoseaLamb,

[Of course people who don't accept Christ will go to hell, but that is their CHOICE.]

Men are bound by sin since the fall/It is not a choice but rather the default position of the natural man.
Sin is a choice.

ThereRoseaLamb,
[Here is my quote. You are cutting up my comments to make them say something other than what I meant for them to say. Please use my full quote]

"No where does the Bible teach that only an elect few can be saved and the rest go to hell, not from their own choosing, but God CREATED them to be destroyed."]

Your quote is a confused mess of contradictions and caricatures
It's what Scripture teaches.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[So random verses taken out of context adds what to the conversation?! God did not create a people to be saved and a people to be damned. He did not create a people that are unable to be saved, who are without hope and damned before they begin life. The Bible does not teach it and those Scriptures don't either. ]

Most of the problem is right here. You have no clue, what happened at creation and the fall.
I don't need to hear the TULIP talking points all over again.

ThereRoseaLamb,
[Don't you ever speak that lie again !! I count very seriously the lives and the souls of people that came to the Lord. We preached the Word. And that comment is an utter and vile lie. A keyboard warrior is not going to tell me that sharing the Gospel where people are saved, marriages are healed, people come out of bondage of drugs is easy believism. That is falsehood.]
All who teach easy believism do not own it, hopefully, God uses what you did for His glory
I know what was preached I know God honored it, His Word doesn't return void. Don't worry yourself about it.

ThereRoseaLamb,

[Well, we aren't following the Gospel according to Iconoclast, and the the Lord for that! We are following what the Word says, and the verses were already shared. Those who believe on Him are saved. You can try and bar the way a hundred different ways, but the Bible tells who can be saved, how they are saved, and that they can know they are saved and on their way to heaven. That's what the Word says, that's what we preached. There is no other Gospel according to Calvin.]
More emotional nonsense. No facts, No understanding.
Prove me wrong with Scripture.

ThereRoseaLamb,
[This proves what I am saying, not what you are saying! You won't believe me ( choice) you won't listen to me (choice) !! If you believe Calvinism that person CANNOT hear, believe, or obey because God already created them with a defect, they're going to hell. This is saying you have a choice, you have a will , you won't believe me, you won't hear me, that's choice. They can hear, they can believe, they CHOOSE not to do either. You made my point, thanks.]
No...it proves you have a man centered point of view. A man centered theology
Prove it wrong with Scripture.

ThereRoseaLamb,
[Fact is fact whether you like it or you don't. Before you stand behind Calvins "gospel", you might want to learn something about the man himself. No "man" keeps me from the Truth!! I have the Word, I don't need Calvin.]
You insert Calvin, who you know nothing about, to avoid showing that you do not know the word as you should.
Third time, prove me wrong with Scripture.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
"ThereRoseaLamb,

[Calvin doesn't say God lies, He makes God a liar when he twists Scripture to say something it doesn't.]

That is you twisting things, your wrong understanding.
You know what I'm going to say, prove it with the Word.

"ThereRoseaLamb,
[Like Jesus didn't die for the world, or that He doesn't love the sinner and wish for them to be saved.]

These are separate topics that i Do not think you can defend biblically.
A dozen of us already have, where have you been??!

"ThereRoseaLamb,
[Calvin doesn't say God is cruel, his beliefs do. To teach that God created a people to be destroyed, that their only purpose is for hell and they cannot be saved, then yes, that is cruel and that is not God.]

You cannot show Calvinists teach this. Show me where the 1689 confession teaches or offers verses saying this!
Do you believe in double predestination?

"ThereRoseaLamb,

[I can respond night and day with what is being offered, not one question yet I haven't answered using the Word.]
Not in the posts to me.
Yes, the Word has been used throughout.

"ThereRoseaLamb,

[Oh trust me, we've gotten a snoot full of Calvin here, more than we ever wanted.]
From a mainstream Calvinists eyes, you are fighting strawmen, not biblical Calvinism.
So what others have been sharing here isn't Biblical Calvinism?