How to perceive Christians who are carnal and babes? 1 Cor. 3: 1-3.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
If you believe sanctification takes a lifetime, so be it. I believe (Hope) it will happen sooner. Each to their own😊
I believe Runningman's point was that at this time and throughout our lifetime on this earth, we see through a glass darkly. Once full sanctification has taken place, we will see face to face. In this lifetime, we know in part ... but once full sanctification has taken place, we shall know even as also we are known.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Runningman, please correct me if I misunderstood your point.
Precisely, thank you. Yes, I am referring to progressive sanctification. We all have one degree of glory or another and are transformed from degree of glory to another day by day. My point is that I don't know any perfect people who have become identical to Jesus who is our model of perfection, but we gradually accumulate some of his characteristics through the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:42-53 says that on earth flesh cannot be perfected but in heaven we will be fully glorified.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
How can this be? Jesus-Yeshua teaches we become children of Abraham< oh, right! Abraham may be translated as "Father of the Peoples." Sorry, not a problem. God bless all.
Yes, God counts all those who have sincerely received Jesus as Lord and Savior of their lives, as then having become "His children" - also sometimes called "saints" in the Bible. But those who accept Him so in pretense and not with a true heart, can't fool God. He doesn't accept anyone who doesn't sincerely accept Him and His lordship over their lives.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Abraham may be translated as honored father of a multitude, Father of nations, and Father of the peoples..

Just as David may refer to Jesus-Yeshua as it translated Beloved and His throne will always have a descendant of David, that tells us our Savior, being a descendant of David and Beloved truly fulfills this blessing upon David-s offspring..

There are so many words used which are simply transliterated and not yet translated throughout the Word which are a blessing to know, yet not necessary for salvation.

Your understanding is very adult and your sharing quite valid usually.

I haave no fear believing what our Messiah teaches on my lineage to the Fasther for He is my Father, and the Father of all who believe Messiah.
Yes, all who receive Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior of their lives, and agree to let Him rule their lives, are God's children - also referred to, spiritually, as "descendants of Abraham" and as "true Jews".
Gen 17:4

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

Gal 4:5-6

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
KJV

R

Reformyourself

NOT ALL WHO PROFESS TO BE CHRISTIANS ARE TRUE CHRISTIANS
Not all who claim to be true Christians or who think they are saved and headed for heaven, truly are, according to the Bible. Another term often used for that kind are "Professing Christians."
*The sheep and goats parable - Matthew 25. It shows how many on Judgment Day, who assumed they were Christians, will find that God sees them as not being true Christians. And it tells how all those who are found to be not true Christians - will be thrown into hell.
*Think of the Jews of Jesus' time, who knew only Judaism. They thought they were headed for heaven. And they were well acquainted with the scriptures - especially Bible scholars and officials in the temple and tabernacles in Jesus' time.
John 8:42
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
KJV
Comment: Jesus was telling the Jews who were listening to HIm in this passage, that their "Father" was the devil, and not the one and only true God there is, which the BIble tells about. This is because though they knew the scriptures well, and were very religious in various ways - they still were not acceptable to God, because they had refused to accept Jesus and His teachings.
Luke 13:4-5

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
KJV
Comment: Jesus was explaining to these religious Jews, who were followers of Judaism, that unless they truly repented of their sins, and received forgiveness of their sins through Jesus - that they would end up in hell if they weren't willing to do those things to make sure they were acceptable and pleasing to God.
Matt 7:14-16

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
KJV
Comment: In this passage, Jesus made it plain that far greater numbers of people, throughout history, miss the narrow gate that leads to heaven. As compared to the smaller percentage who manage to get through the narrow gate that leads to heaven. So it isn't wise to be unconcerned about one's eternal destiny or to assume that one is headed for heaven, without making a thorough checkup on oneself to see just what the case is, with himself. And if one finds after examining oneself, that he is not yet headed for heaven - he needs to do what he can do, to make sure he does for sure (no doubts in mind about it) know he's truly destined for heaven after this life is over.
Heb 6:4-6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
KJV
Comment: This passage shows it is possible to fall away from Christ - to no longer be a child of God. This is not a helpless kind of falling away, as God never allows anyone to be helpless in that matter. II Peter 3:9. The only way to fall away - is through a person's choice to turn away from Christ. It is evident that some do fall away, since there wouldn't be this warning in the Bible if it was true that no Christians ever fell away from Christ. Also, they wouldn't be reminded to be careful not to fall away, if there was nothing they could do on their part, to prevent it from happening.
Gal 6:3
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
KJV
Comment: Assuming oneself to be anything is no certain proof that he is what he thinks he is. One needs to examine oneself carefully and prayerfully, in the light of God's Word, in order to reveal to himself whether his life is satisfactory to God or not. II Corinthians 13:5
James 1:23-25

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
KJV
Comment: Many know God's Word, but do not wholeheartedly put it to practice in their lives. James knew this, I'm sure, as he wouldn't have mentioned this otherwise.
Matt 5:20

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV
Comment: Jesus said that the degree of righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees wasn't enough to get them into heaven. It's true that under Judaism, they followed some very strict religious laws. But that wasn't enough to save them, alone, according to Jesus.
Yes. Anybody can say they’re a Christian ‘Even the demons believe, and tremble’

R

Reformyourself

Precisely, thank you. Yes, I am referring to progressive sanctification. We all have one degree of glory or another and are transformed from degree of glory to another day by day. My point is that I don't know any perfect people who have become identical to Jesus who is our model of perfection, but we gradually accumulate some of his characteristics through the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:42-53 says that on earth flesh cannot be perfected but in heaven we will be fully glorified.
Matthew 5:48 😐

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
This comes off as a command in the Old Testament while here in the New, it seems quite similar but...…….

Knowing we are not perfect in ourselves, I have come to the determination these are promises, not commands. While we do all we are given to be able to perfect our manners, it is our Father Who began this work in us and will complete this work in each of us on His Great and Beautiful Day.

This by no means is saying we are to not work along with His work to be perfect, but we will never achieve this without His Hand, never.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Three pages in and the OP still hasn't explained his point.

As usual.

I'm beginning to think he's a troll.

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Has anyone bothered to read the scripture presented in the thread? 1Cor. 3: 1-3 and especially verse three, is a mirror image of those who debate, and are not open to learning. Verse three is the stature of baby Christians, and the reasons why are stated openly.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Has anyone bothered to read the scripture presented in the thread? 1Cor. 3: 1-3 and especially verse three, is a mirror image of those who debate, and are not open to learning. Verse three is the stature of baby Christians, and the reasons why are stated openly.
Have you bothered to read the responses? Clearly, I read it, and addressed the matter in post 16. You did not respond.

Instead you bark at others and treat them like servants to do your bidding. This is a discussion forum, not your personal classroom with you as the demanding lecturer.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Why do people like so much to focus on spiritual life of others and peer into their yard? Are their own issues 100% ironed out before God? As if the Spirit is not going to guide what and if He wants things said. Don't worry God will use you if He wants to correct someone through you, you will be filled by the Spirit, so there is no need to run in front of the cart, or the horses might cause you some injuries.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
True. None of us on earth is capable of being sinlessly perfect - though we are to prayerfully, and always do our best to be as much as is possible without sin in daily life - and are to regularly and sincerely repent of all sins.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
True, we aren't able to be perfect as God is. But should prayerfully do our best always to keep sin out of our lives and to always repent regularly of sin. Christians are kept santified forever, depending on whether they choose to continue to serve God faithfully throughout life.
Matt 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
KJV
Heb 10:14
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
KJV

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
All the answers were of opinions or out of context. Read 1Cor. 3:1-3. Just read IT.
All what answers? I read the Scriptures ......... am quite familiar with them, especially as they are referring to believers who have not yet received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, and are still viewing Scripture through earthly eyes/mind.

Yet, your OP STILL does not in any way offer an opinion/or thoughts from you............

[Bad examples of brotherly "love". ]

Truthfully, it doesn't even make sense when compared to the Title of the OP. You have a bad habit of Authoring a Thread with an original post that does nothing more than pose a question without providing ANY thought of your own...... That's called PFISHING.................

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
All what answers? I read the Scriptures ......... am quite familiar with them, especially as they are referring to believers who have not yet received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, and are still viewing Scripture through earthly eyes/mind.

Yet, your OP STILL does not in any way offer an opinion/or thoughts from you............

[Bad examples of brotherly "love". ]

Truthfully, it doesn't even make sense when compared to the Title of the OP. You have a bad habit of Authoring a Thread with an original post that does nothing more than pose a question without providing ANY thought of your own...... That's called PFISHING.................
The scripture does not need my opinion. Regarding 1 Cor. 3: 1-3, they WERE Christians that were behaving badly.

Mar 23, 2016
We all have one degree of glory or another and are transformed from degree of glory to another day by day. My point is that I don't know any perfect people who have become identical to Jesus who is our model of perfection, but we gradually accumulate some of his characteristics through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Yes. 1 John 3:2 tells us Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

While the Holy Spirit begins to work within us the moment we are born again and continues to work within, no matter how long we live in this life with the Holy Spirit working within, in this lifetime it still doth not yet appear what we shall be.

Nov 16, 2019
"3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?" - 1 Corinthians 3:3

This verse pretty much defines Christian forums. But we all start out as babies.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We are not to argue over words, however we are to ascertain if others believe.

No are you sying no one should dispute with another, or with you? That would be nice but all must be of one accord, as it is taught.

Not to worry though for our Master (Teacher) has forewarned all that He is not come to bring peace on earth..