How to prove that the Earth is flat, and not a sphere...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Take a laser and point it perpendicular to your position. If you observe it from a point on either side of it, it will never touch the ground again, nor will it be parallel to the surface of the earth.
You don't have a strong enough laser. That's why the ocean is a perfect example.

You need a laser strong enough for at least a mile

The ocean solves solves this problem of having a level base.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Covex earth, living on the outside example
View attachment 226640

This hill represents in this demonstration, the ocean on a convex earth. The view of the ship at the top would disappear, the further it moves away from you.

View attachment 226641

This meteroid hole represents a concave earth (living inside the earth), you would lose the view of the ships bottom, the further it travels.

Think it through, it's a difficult concept. I almost had an aneurysm figuring this out. Give it at least five minutes, before you respond.

Look at this again. It's really difficult to understand. Start at each example at it's edge, than imagine a ship moving away from you either on the hill going up (like a ball), or going down, like a concave model would indicate.

Once you get it, there is no question, at all. It's very difficult to understand.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Maybe an easier way to see it, is with a spoon.

A spoon when your eating soup would be like a concave earth. Mark two points on a spoon and try to imagine a view point.

Now turn the spoon upside down, this would be like a convex earth (living on the outside of the earth), you will lose sight of the top of a sail boat.

1616974428866.jpeg

1616974454986.jpeg

The distance of the two points will have to be small, sense this would be a representation of a small distance of the earth.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
It's not an easy concept, but if your mind is open, you can see it.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Maybe an easier way to see it, is with a spoon.

A spoon when your eating soup would be like a concave earth. Mark two points on a spoon and try to imagine a view point.

Now turn the spoon upside down, this would be like a convex earth (living on the outside of the earth), you will lose sight of the top of a sail boat.

View attachment 226642

View attachment 226643

The distance of the two points will have to be small, sense this would be a representation of a small distance of the earth.

Second thought, not sure you would lose sight of the sail in convex model, but you WOULDN'T lose sight of the bottom of the ship, since it's going up, not unless, both the top and bottom of ship is out of sight. Like I said, it's complicated, but like to someone to question it, so it can help think it through.

Sail boat debunks convex model..

Victory for concave model with sail boat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Second thought, not sure you would lose sight of the sail in convex model, but you WOULDN'T lose sight of the bottom of the ship, since it's going up, not unless, both the top and bottom of ship is out of sight. Like I said, it's complicated, but like to someone to question it, so it can help think it through.

Sail boat debunks convex model..

Victory for concave model with sail boat.
Methinks you have reversed "concave" and "convex".

Use a mixing bowl to illustrate. On the inside of the bowl (concave surface), every other point is within sight of any point. On the outside (convex surface), most other points are out of sight from any particular point. The latter is consistent with our observations of Earth; the former is not. A sailboat debunks the concave model.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Methinks you have reversed "concave" and "convex".

Use a mixing bowl to illustrate. On the inside of the bowl (concave surface), every other point is within sight of any point. On the outside (convex surface), most other points are out of sight from any particular point. The latter is consistent with our observations of Earth; the former is not. A sailboat debunks the concave model.

Your forgetting that water will obstruct the view, like it did in the sail boat.

1617043649478.jpeg
Above would be the convex earth, living on the outside of a sphere. Notice if someone's view was from behind the car, he could still see the bottom of the car?

1617043738582.jpeg

Now imagine the view point was from the car looking at a sail boat in front of the car, the view from the bottom would be blocked. This would support the concave model, like the sail boat video.

aakerd

Apr 14, 2021
If you believe in aliens, I have yet to believe in proof. I do not believe in **Edited**.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If you believe in aliens, I have yet to believe in proof. I do not believe in **Edited**
There is no need for vulgarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 20, 2021
But since we have all those satellites orbiting the planet, it might just
show the earth is round after all.

Ya know...the reason why I can ring someone on my mobile phone who
lives in Australia.

View attachment 159038
Boy you folks hate God....and his creation. Underwater cables and cell towers... On a Satellite dish it points in one direction. To a cell tower. If satellites are moving at 17,000 mph what happens when it gets to the other side of the earth? It ridiculous fairytale

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Boy you folks hate God....and his creation. Underwater cables and cell towers... On a Satellite dish it points in one direction. To a cell tower. If satellites are moving at 17,000 mph what happens when it gets to the other side of the earth? It ridiculous fairytale
Pretty sure satellite dishes are pointed to a satellite, not a cell tower, but maybe some other types of dishes are pointed at cell towers, not truly an expert on all things satellite.

This was a quick google search answer..

Are satellites stationary?

All geostationary satellites are geosynchronous. ... The “stationary” part of geostationary describes how a satellite in this orbit remains fixed with respect to an observer on the ground. This is an ideal orbit for communications satellites, since ground-based antennas can remain pointed at the same spot in the sky.Jan. 17, 2014

I think the earth is stationary, so satellite dishes would have to be stationary also, not unless you believe that the earth is moving and the satellites are directly spinning at the same rate as the earth. Once again, I think the earth is stationary, so the second option isn't really a position to consider for me.

By the way, you thumbs down my post on asking for scripture to back up the original posters premise, that the flat earth is backed by scripture. Please direct me to a post that includes scripture to back up this lame brain idea that he/she had about a flat earth. Sorry, saying the earth is flat is crazy talk.

To prove it's not crazy talk, where is the scripture, that claims there is? Or is this another lame attempt to give flat earth theory some credibility?!?!

My opinion is the flat earth theory is a really bad joke, that has gone to far. If this is some sort of gag, it's not funny, just for the record; It's stupid and I'm calling it, as I see it.

Jul 20, 2021
Pretty sure satellite dishes are pointed to a satellite, not a cell tower, but maybe some other types of dishes are pointed at cell towers, not truly an expert on all things satellite.

All geostationary satellites are geosynchronous. ... The “stationary” part of geostationary describes how a satellite in this orbit remains fixed with respect to an observer on the ground. This is an ideal orbit for communications satellites, since ground-based antennas can remain pointed at the same spot in the sky.Jan. 17, 2014

I think the earth is stationary, so satellite dishes would have to be stationary also, not unless you believe that the earth is moving and the satellites are directly spinning at the same rate as the earth. Once again, I think the earth is stationary, so the second option isn't really a position to consider for me.

By the way, you thumbs down my post on asking for scripture to back up the original posters premise, that the flat earth is backed by scripture. Please direct me to a post that includes scripture to back up this lame brain idea that he/she had about a flat earth. Sorry, saying the earth is flat is crazy talk.

To prove it's not crazy talk, where is the scripture, that claims there is? Or is this another lame attempt to give flat earth theory some credibility?!?!

My opinion is the flat earth theory is a really bad joke, that has gone to far. If this is some sort of gag, it's not funny, just for the record; It's stupid and I'm calling it, as I see it.
Bullcorn...more deception...they is no way they are connected to satellites...how in the world to you folks look past Gods word and believe psuedoscience? Unbelievable. And yall parrot what you been taught in school

Jul 20, 2021
How to prove beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt that the Earth is flat, and not a sphere...

Position, somewhere on the Equator, a stationary reference "beacon" that sends out a signal in all directions -- or, at least - either East or West - with an angular range from North to South ( i.e. - 180 degrees with East / West in center - albeit, only the North 90 degrees will be significant ).

Position, on a ship / airplane, a directional receiver - such that, it can be determined with sufficient accuracy the angle ( relative to the Equator - or, directly behind ship / airplane ) the reference beacon is being detected.

Using a directional transmitter-receiver at both points would be even better.

Make sure that the signal - of whatever type - is of sufficient strength to reach a very long distance - and cannot be "blocked" by anything that might happen to come between the reference beacon and the ship / airplane.

As the ship / airplane moves away from the beacon, while staying on the equator:

~ If the Earth is a sphere, the signal will be lost soon enough because of the curvature of the earth; however, the angle from reference will never waiver from 0 degrees -- the beacon will always be directly behind the ship / airplane.

~ If the Earth is flat, the signal will be sustained for whatever distance it is capable of being detected; and, the detection angle will increase with the distance between the reference beacon and the ship / airplane.

Why? Because the ship / airplane will actually be following a circular path over the face of the Earth.

This will only work on the Equator - because, from a perspective regarding the angular part of the above suggested experiment - it is the only lattitude that is supposed to be a continual straight line all the way around the globe. And, that is why - if the results of the latter case are obtained - the Earth cannot possibly be a sphere.

:)
It being biblical should be enough to prove the earth is not a spinning water. Your senses tell you something different. The flat earth is observable

Jul 20, 2021

My opinion is you worship baal

Jul 20, 2021
amateur astronomers have taken photos of the international space station and space shuttle in orbit...for example...

View attachment 159045

also thousands of amateur astronomers regularly observe satellites passing overhead and know when and where to look due to the orbital data available on the satellites...
And you think that CGI picture is real..lmbo Omg. How easily manipulated you folks are .. wow

Jul 20, 2021
amateur astronomers have taken photos of the international space station and space shuttle in orbit...for example...

View attachment 159045

also thousands of amateur astronomers regularly observe satellites passing overhead and know when and where to look due to the orbital data available on the satellites...
Its smoke and mirrors. Give me a break..they are supposedly moving 17,000 mph.. Fake pictures..lol unbelievable that people actually buy this trash