Howdy, folks!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I'm back...

Other than the site upgrade (which I am still getting used to) -- what have I missed?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Welcome Back, not sure I know you I look forward to seeing you around. God Bless.

Aug 3, 2019
Howdy back at ya! I'm pretty new so I don't know you or what you've missed. But welcome back!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Howdy howdy howdy! 😁 I know the actual chat room is pretty different now. Fewer rooms than before, but I think that kinda helps. It seems to have taken out the notion of there being specific people in the rooms.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Howdy howdy howdy! 😁 I know the actual chat room is pretty different now. Fewer rooms than before, but I think that kinda helps. It seems to have taken out the notion of there being specific people in the rooms.
I have considered downloading the App; however, at this point in time, I am concerned about data usage...

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Oh yeah!!! I remember you....🤔🤔🤔 Welcome back Sir Gary yay!

I'll see you around the forums 😊

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Gary, I would 'forget about the things of the past and press on to the future', lol. You should be thankful you missed out on some things here and other than that current events are usually discussed. The usual debates on Doctrine are always ongoing and interesting. Always picking up something new, God bless!

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I have a very important job interview Friday afternoon.

:cool:

"I hope the Lord is willing..."

:)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I have a very important job interview Friday afternoon.

:cool:

"I hope the Lord is willing..."

:)
I think the interview went reasonably well; however, it could still go either way. Now I have to wait for them to interview at least 6 more people. I was told to expect to hear from them in about a week.

In the meanwhile - in about 9 hours I expect to be nearly broke and "officially" homeless...

("par for the course")

"Oh, well --- we'll see what happens..."

Have to get some sleep now - in preparation for tomorrow.

More later...?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I think the interview went reasonably well; however, it could still go either way. Now I have to wait for them to interview at least 6 more people. I was told to expect to hear from them in about a week.

In the meanwhile - in about 9 hours I expect to be nearly broke and "officially" homeless...

("par for the course")

"Oh, well --- we'll see what happens..."

Have to get some sleep now - in preparation for tomorrow.

More later...?
Why not do day labor with a staffing agency in the mean time?

Production work is terrible but is at least enough pay daily to take care of emergency expenses.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Why not do day labor with a staffing agency in the mean time?

Production work is terrible but is at least enough pay daily to take care of emergency expenses.
I now have two "good" jobs that I am waiting and hoping to see something work out with one of them.

If nothing happens with either of them, I am definitely considering doing something like that.

My experiences with that approach in the past have been very negative - making me tend to avoid it because it has usually always been a waste of time.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I now have two "good" jobs that I am waiting and hoping to see something work out with one of them.

If nothing happens with either of them, I am definitely considering doing something like that.

My experiences with that approach in the past have been very negative - making me tend to avoid it because it has usually always been a waste of time.
h

well I guess it depends on your situation. I've "gone for broke" more than once trying to get life started other places. It's enough cash to stay in an extended stay but with the nature of the work it's like impossible to look for work at the same time. Depends on how critical I suppose.

Is certainly a last resort. There are some that do next day pay, I've had some pay $14/hr. I cannot stand the work though...feels like my brain is getting dumber by the second when I do it. Other people it can be like therapy. We are all pretty different it would seem ;)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It appears that I have a job. (a different one than the one referred to in posts #14 and #16)

I start Wednesday.

"Thank you, Lord!"