I’m back on here, but still terrified

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 14, 2017
I haven’t been on these forums for a couple years because for the most part my life has been better, but these past few weeks I feel like reality has been crushing down on me. I recently read a new prediction on the end tribulation, set for 2021 to 2028. I read about some of the prophecies and with how close it is I’m so scared. I can’t focus on school or anything because this is all I can think of. I’m in tears writing this because of how scared I am. I don’t know what to think. I asked on Reddit what people think and most think the end times are soon. I feel like I’m back where I was several years ago, but even more scared. Is the end this close? Everyone seemed so so convincing about 2021 and how the persecution of us and terrible things will be happening. I don’t know what to think and I graciously ask for any thoughts, please.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The Bible makes it clear that it's impossible to set a date for these things.
So if you hear anyone making predictions, you can immediately identify them as unbiblical.
You should completely ignore those people.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
People have been talking about end-time events since Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into heaven so I would not really pay much attention to them. Why is this a source of anxiety for you? Even Jesus does not know when He will return at the end so it is a sure bet that those that you pay attention to don't have a clue what they are talking about. Only the Father knows the exact time and date so relax your mind on this and instead focus on becoming a humble servant of the Lord. If you are born-again, having contritely confessed your sins that Jesus died on the cross for and allowed the Holy Spirit to live inside your heart to comfort and guide you in the repentance process you are all set and having to worry about. Just do your best with what God has provided and keep your eyes on the prize. "Fear not" says the Lord.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Reddit is ridiculous and hardly a credible source of information. Stay off there.. "Predictions" happen every year, and nothing happens..

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I say use the knowledge that end times are coming, either some day when time passes or when He comes back to just connect with Him in prayer and the word, and making the most of every moment, taking precious care of of others and yourself best you can. Focus on that which is good, lovely, true, pure, and praiseworthy, which is Him and His Love and Mercy.

Hey it isn't always easy
We all have hard times but remember He will never leave us or forsake us.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I haven’t been on these forums for a couple years because for the most part my life has been better, but these past few weeks I feel like reality has been crushing down on me. I recently read a new prediction on the end tribulation, set for 2021 to 2028. I read about some of the prophecies and with how close it is I’m so scared. I can’t focus on school or anything because this is all I can think of. I’m in tears writing this because of how scared I am. I don’t know what to think. I asked on Reddit what people think and most think the end times are soon. I feel like I’m back where I was several years ago, but even more scared. Is the end this close? Everyone seemed so so convincing about 2021 and how the persecution of us and terrible things will be happening. I don’t know what to think and I graciously ask for any thoughts, please.
I've been hearing those predictions 42 years and they've all been wrong so far. It sells books and draws listeners. Frightened people ask the Lord to save them. But worrying about when isn't our role as Christians. Just stay ready.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
EVEN if it WERE true, why on Earth would you fear if you are in the Lord. It's exactly what we pray during the Our Father:
Matthew 6:9-13 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 YOUR KINGDOM COME,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 THEREFORE COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Why should any believer be worried or crying when we know God is and always will be in control. God never told us to fear or worry about anything just reverence Him for having the power to save or condemn us.
The wisest thing we can be doing as Christians is drawing closer and closer to the Lord by study and worshipping Him and hopefully drawing others with us. Jesus didn't die for us to be fearful and worried but to live and live abundantly and share His gospel.
Jesus said 'Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world'. We have a wondrous place to look forward to living for all eternity, Amen.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Matthew 6:9-13 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 YOUR KINGDOM COME,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why should any believer be worried or crying when we know God is and always will be in control. God never told us to fear or worry about anything just reverence Him for having the power to save or condemn us.
The wisest thing we can be doing as Christians is drawing closer and closer to the Lord by study and worshipping Him and hopefully drawing others with us. Jesus didn't die for us to be fearful and worried but to live and live abundantly and share His gospel.
Jesus said 'Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world'. We have a wondrous place to look forward to living for all eternity, Amen.

:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Spend more time getting to know Jesus read the book of John it is the love book of the Bible as in all about God's love for us. Pray more telling God about your fears. When you get better acquainted with God your fears will melt away because you will see that Jesus promised to be with us to the end of the world and He will give us His peace and joy. When you have given your heart to God and rest in knowing He will protect you then you have nothing to fear.

Yes the wicked will have plenty to fear but remember Jesus said let not your hearts be troubled you believe in God believe also in me. You are young and have a lot of life ahead of you just put your trust in God and let Him worry about the big stuff and you worry about getting to know Him better and you will be o.k.

A

AuntieAnt

Hi Alex, I agree with JesusLives' comment above about reading the book of John. Become more acquainted with Jesus as your Amazing Best Friend, and you become His friend as well. Talk to Him regularly and listen to Him, too.

Don't worry about all those crazy predictions because the Lord wants us to have His joy and not be anxious about anything. I promise you, there is not one person alive or dead who has, or ever will predict the time correctly. Ya know how I know? Because when Jesus walked on this earth, He said even He didn't know the time. Nobody knows better than Jesus, right? So all those people are just plain silly and don't know the Truth. So there's no reason to listen to their dumb predictions. :sneaky:(n)

The more you get to know Jesus as your Friend and Shepherd, and let Him know all your heart and thoughts, and you become His friend, the more your fears will disappear. I pray in Jesus' name you rest in the Lord's arms of love and truly know His perfect peace. :giggle:

christ and young man.jpg

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
People have been convinced that they are the last generation before the second coming for centuries. They have all been wrong.
There are always books on sale predicting it and citing some News event as proof. The writers make a good living from it but if you
go round charity shops you often find their failed predictions on sale at rock bottom prices. Having faith in Christ is what is important not what other people say or write about the subject because no one knows when Christ will return

Jun 14, 2016
The beautiful thing is, if you are truly His, you will be taken care of. No matter what comes your way, the Word says that He will never leave you or forsake you, that He remains faithful, even when we are faithless (Now is that an excuse to sin? Definitely not.), that nothing can snatch you from His hand, not distress nor nakedness nor powers nor principalities. He is faithful to complete the work He started.
The world will grow darker before the end, but for the follower of Christ, there is security in Him. No matter what happens, our trust is in Him. He is a good father.