I bet you've never....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Well, I have done many cool and interesting things in my life. For whatever reason, the main one that comes to mind right now is underwater pumpkin carving. No joke, it's a thing in the scuba community. Suited up and five feet down under the water I carved my master piece...Pacman eating dots while chasing a ghost for dinner! 🙃😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I never did get that. He eats dots... why does he also need to eat ghosts? He should be full!

Oh well, I guess Pac-people need balanced diets too.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I never did get that. He eats dots... why does he also need to eat ghosts? He should be full!

Oh well, I guess Pac-people need balanced diets too.
Well of course, how else can you chase ghosts save on a balanced diet? One can not live on Dots alone! See, me on the other hand, I think to myself in that same scenario "How fooling can a ghost be really?" Not like it's solid right? Like eating Chinese food, sure you can eat a couple of ghosts, but in a few hours your just gonna be hungry again. 🤣🙃

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Well of course, how else can you chase ghosts save on a balanced diet? One can not live on Dots alone! See, me on the other hand, I think to myself in that same scenario "How fooling can a ghost be really?" Not like it's solid right? Like eating Chinese food, sure you can eat a couple of ghosts, but in a few hours your just gonna be hungry again. 🤣🙃
Filling, not fooling. The editor of that last post prints this with our sincerest apologizes. 😁

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you eat ANYTHING you'll be hungry again in a few hours. :p

But yeah, I know what you're saying. Beef and broccoli doesn't last very long... unless you eat a whole lot of it.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
If you eat ANYTHING you'll be hungry again in a few hours. :p
Depends on how you define a few hours and what you eat. For me I know that bacon and eggs keeps me full a lot longer than oatmeal or cereal or bread.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I'm more interested in hearing how the popcorn got ON the ceiling.
With a sprayer....cheap way to cover a ceiling....but you already knew that...lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nope. I have never heard of spraying popcorn on a ceiling unless you are talking about that bumpy stuff some people put on their ceilings.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Yep, that is a "popcorn" texture, or so it is called. 😁👾

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In that case that makes sense. Around here they call it a "stomped" ceiling. Popcorn ceiling makes more sense, as I never have figured out how to stomp on a ceiling without somebody holding me upside down.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hey, if you could hold someone upside down long enough to stomp on an entire ceiling for the texture, there is a day you could skip going to the gym as you, most decidedly, have already worked out that day 🤣🙃🙃🙃

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
In that case that makes sense. Around here they call it a "stomped" ceiling. Popcorn ceiling makes more sense, as I never have figured out how to stomp on a ceiling without somebody holding me upside down.

You country folk are odd. Popcorn texture and "stomp" texture are two different things.

Popcorn texture is sprayed on, it's basically just drywall mud with small beads of polystyrene in it

whereas "stomp" texture you coat the surface in drywall mud and then "stomp" a special brush into the wet mud

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Visual aids, someone came to the thread prepared!😃 I like it!

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
You country folk are odd. Popcorn texture and "stomp" texture are two different things.

Popcorn texture is sprayed on, it's basically just drywall mud with small beads of polystyrene in it

whereas "stomp" texture you coat the surface in drywall mud and then "stomp" a special brush into the wet mud

Number One - this is a long story and unrelated but read on if you wish. I was involved with a mausoleum build - formed and poured the concrete roof, set all the marble, etc. and the builder asked me to do some finish work. He wanted me to stipple the ceiling which was quite high - like 24'. I had never done it, but promised to give it a go. Well, there was this man who had cancer and died and his dying wish was to be the first interred in the new mausoleum, but he died before it was completely done. Well - the family put him in there anyway even tho the marble wasn't all set or the floors down, or of course, the ceiling wasn't stippled. Had a service and everything. So there was a lot of rush rush and I worked after regular hours to put the new stippled roof/ceiling. It was wintertime and dark and I had to take a long extension pole, blot it a couple of times on the ceiling, then bring the brushes back down to the mud in a 5 gallon bucket. Over and over again. No one there, of course, except me and the uh... tenant. He was in 30 C - the cheap seats up near the top.

So I got hot while working and took off this white paper cover all suit I had on along with other layers and somehow, the end of my extension pole (when I brought it back down to reload the brushes) caught hold of the neck of my white paper cover all suit and lifted it up like it was hovering over my head. Well, forgive me but all I saw was a floating headless ghost up near the 30C area and about had my house key stuck in my truck to get out of there.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Once I was in a foreign country preaching with some missionaries.
Just as we got going, some really important people from the government showed up.
I got so nervous that I actually slipped up and...

ended a sentence in a preposition.

I was so crazy back then.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Now what would you want to go and do that for? :p

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Number One - this is a long story and unrelated but read on if you wish. I was involved with a mausoleum build - formed and poured the concrete roof, set all the marble, etc. and the builder asked me to do some finish work. He wanted me to stipple the ceiling which was quite high - like 24'. I had never done it, but promised to give it a go. Well, there was this man who had cancer and died and his dying wish was to be the first interred in the new mausoleum, but he died before it was completely done. Well - the family put him in there anyway even tho the marble wasn't all set or the floors down, or of course, the ceiling wasn't stippled. Had a service and everything. So there was a lot of rush rush and I worked after regular hours to put the new stippled roof/ceiling. It was wintertime and dark and I had to take a long extension pole, blot it a couple of times on the ceiling, then bring the brushes back down to the mud in a 5 gallon bucket. Over and over again. No one there, of course, except me and the uh... tenant. He was in 30 C - the cheap seats up near the top.

So I got hot while working and took off this white paper cover all suit I had on along with other layers and somehow, the end of my extension pole (when I brought it back down to reload the brushes) caught hold of the neck of my white paper cover all suit and lifted it up like it was hovering over my head. Well, forgive me but all I saw was a floating headless ghost up near the 30C area and about had my house key stuck in my truck to get out of there.
Oh my word, I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but that is probably the funniest story I will here all day! 🤣 Thank you for sharing it!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

Years ago the company I used to work for was involved in a remodel/upgrade to the morgue at one of the local hospitals. The lobby area couldn't be completed until very late in the project so by the time some of the last drywall was ready for paint the morgue was back in use again. We were in there on a Saturday painting the lobby when a local funeral home arrived to pick up a client that was cooling his heels in the fridge. Shall we say that he was a very large man and between they guy from the funeral home and hospital security they were having great difficulty stuffing the deceased into a body bag so myself and my helper were enlisted to help push and pull to facilitate zipping up the body bag.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I drove a golf cart backwards one time
I've been on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier