I Can Do It Better

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
no mine was different

"The Banned Game" is a popular, long-running creative writing and role-playing thread hosted on the Christian Chat Forums. Members take turns "banning" fictional characters, celebrities, or other users for humorous and absurd reasons, and building elaborate stories around the bans. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
 
huh the previous search I did actually showed examples. Its changed since I last searched it.
 
"Think the old saying; "if it did us any good, they probably wouldn't let us have it", has a lot more truth to it than i'm cosy with."

People used to be more sceptical for sure, think this wise adage from a Quaker, which was the influence behind Kevin Spacey's quote in The Usual Suspects, is spot on: "One of the artifices of Satan is, to induce men to believe that he does not exist"

Personally think infantilisation and other forms of societal dumbing down, are more tools employed recently too . Along with many adults of a similar age, we had a much higher reading age than is normal now. I read Revelations when i was eight but it wasn't an exceptional thing to do back then.

Forgive my little tangent, but this is just me, and I'm definitely not trying to speak for anyone else.

I tend to meet 2 types of people who want to talk about conspiracies:

1. The ones who have VERY strong personalities, and if you don't believe the things they do, boy are you stupid and someday (any day now, really) you're going to find out! You can't talk with them, you can't reason with them, and you better not have your own thoughts or opinions because they are going to shoot down everything you say.

But if something could effectively be done about "Big Brother" and everyone out to get us, THESE are the people who would try to take power. And you can't tell me they would be any different -- and I think might even be worse -- than what we have now. It would be Orson Welles' Animal Farm all over again, with a group of pigs replacing the humans and the common people not being able to tell the difference, because they have the same attitudes, even though the principles might look different -- but only on the surface.

You can't tell me that having people with these types of personalities wouldn't result in developing THEIR OWN lists and camps of ANYONE they started to suspect as "threatening our way of life." But what they'd really mean is, "threatening MY way of life," because they're convinced they know best for everyone. And we've seen plenty of crazies just here on this forum -- you couldn't tell me people like this wouldn't stoop to the same tactics as the people they complain about.

I'm not convinced that anyone who thinks so strongly (and that everyone else is wrong) won't go bad when put in charge and also given mass amounts of money and power. Power, in all forms, will always claw its way to the top. And I believe once it gets there, it will always become corrupted. It's been that way from the beginning -- Satan thought he could do better than God, and look where it got him.

2. The second group are good-hearted people who just want to live independently without much government interference to do their own thing. They mostly just want to be left alone to live their own lives.

And these people, sweet at they are, would not be able to take charge either, because they wouldn't want to have to care what everyone else was doing. All they care about is their own business -- many don't even want to know what other people are doing.

So who does that leave us with to put into power instead of what we have now? I could be completely wrong, but I think we'd just be replacing one group of fanatics with another, and that's why I don't spend time in conspiracy group circles.

I want to spend my time on things that hopefully produce something.

Spending time in productive Christian circles -- though they're hard to find -- gives me hope and equips me to help others.

Spending time in the finance community -- which has plenty of crazies as well -- at least gives me a few tools to try to prepare for emergencies.

Here in the USA, we have savings plans like 401K's, IRA's, and Roth IRA's, which I think are great, but they're all dictated by corporations and/or the government. And these entities can and do change things all the time. "Sorry, now you can't touch your IRA until you're 95..." as they keep upping the age -- and penalties -- of when people can access their own money.

The finance space, though you have to weed through a lot of muck, has taught me a lot about building my own independent emergency fund (call it "prepping" if you will.) Yes, there are still regulations. Yes, I have to pay more in taxes. Yes, the government could technically lock it down or take it away at any time.

But at least it's something, and it has a lot more flexibility than other options. And I try to spend my time with people who are doing what I can see is actively building a productive, independent life that helps -- not scares or preaches to -- others.

This is my own way of fighting back against "everyone out to get us." I learn what I can, do what I can, and try to live independently in the areas I have understanding in. I could care less about politics, but several years ago, God told me to start learning and vote when I could as another way of "fighting the system."

And if that's not good enough, well I have God -- and if He can't save us or at least send us on to heaven -- all the prepping in the world isn't going to help.

But again, this is just me, and I completely understand that others feel differently.
 
Paranoid Schizophrenics and Preppers
Could be one and the same but both will be raised Christians. Or have ready access to a Bible.

If given drugs in the kool-aid then you will get a Jonestown scenario.

We need to pray for these people, to prevent that from happening.
 
I KNEW IT!
I KNEW IT!
I KNEW YOU WERE ONE OF THEM!


"ONE OF THEM!!!"

Why, that's the nicest thing anyone's called me this month, GG! :LOL:

I don't reveal my "HIDDEN SECRETS AND AGENDAS" very often (joke from another thread), but what can I say.

I have a soft spot for your posts! 💖

1784129112340.png
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Godsgirl1983
"ONE OF THEM!!!"

Why, that's the nicest thing anyone's called me this month, GG! :LOL:

I don't reveal my "HIDDEN SECRETS AND AGENDAS" very often (joke from another thread), but what can I say.

I have a soft spot for your posts! 💖

View attachment 291983
giphy.gif
or both?
(oh, but the crying is from laughing so hard)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
I don't reveal my "HIDDEN SECRETS AND AGENDAS" very often (joke from another thread), but what can I say.


giphy.gif
or both?
(oh, but the crying is from laughing so hard)

I'd had written this earlier and decided against it, but seeing you 'all so worried about everything, I'll make an exception. I'm preparing to singlehandedly take over and rule the world. So, don't worry. Everything will fine, just fine.
 
I'd had written this earlier and decided against it, but seeing you 'all so worried about everything, I'll make an exception. I'm preparing to singlehandedly take over and rule the world. So, don't worry. Everything will fine, just fine.
GG: So uh Mem, got any plans for Friday night?
Mem: Why yes! I'm going to
giphy.gif
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
I'd had written this earlier and decided against it, but seeing you 'all so worried about everything, I'll make an exception. I'm preparing to singlehandedly take over and rule the world. So, don't worry. Everything will fine, just fine.

Welp, you've convinced ME!!

Where do I sign up to vote?

(And I hope a mail-order ballot will count, because I'm not standing in line for a voting both for an hour!) :LOL:
 
I'd had written this earlier and decided against it, but seeing you 'all so worried about everything, I'll make an exception. I'm preparing to singlehandedly take over and rule the world. So, don't worry. Everything will fine, just fine.
Welp, you've convinced ME!!

Where do I sign up to vote?

(And I hope a mail-order ballot will count, because I'm not standing in line for a voting both for an hour!) :LOL:


Er... I mean...

There IS going to be a vote over this, right?? Right??!

What kind of look are we going for, exactly.

Are we going to go for a Dictatorship Disguised as Democracy kind of vibe (might be a few less riots,) or are we just going for a plain, good old-fashioned hostile takeover...


1784131345098.png


(And NO, I'm not trying to make a statement about the president or anything in particular in the USA. I've gotten to the point where I feel it doesn't matter who we put into power, we're just being given a show to make it look like we have a choice.)

But, that's just me.
 
Forgive my little tangent, but this is just me, and I'm definitely not trying to speak for anyone else.

I tend to meet 2 types of people who want to talk about conspiracies:

1. The ones who have VERY strong personalities, and if you don't believe the things they do, boy are you stupid and someday (any day now, really) you're going to find out! You can't talk with them, you can't reason with them, and you better not have your own thoughts or opinions because they are going to shoot down everything you say.

But if something could effectively be done about "Big Brother" and everyone out to get us, THESE are the people who would try to take power. And you can't tell me they would be any different -- and I think might even be worse -- than what we have now. It would be Orson Welles' Animal Farm all over again, with a group of pigs replacing the humans and the common people not being able to tell the difference, because they have the same attitudes, even though the principles might look different -- but only on the surface.

You can't tell me that having people with these types of personalities wouldn't result in developing THEIR OWN lists and camps of ANYONE they started to suspect as "threatening our way of life." But what they'd really mean is, "threatening MY way of life," because they're convinced they know best for everyone. And we've seen plenty of crazies just here on this forum -- you couldn't tell me people like this wouldn't stoop to the same tactics as the people they complain about.

I'm not convinced that anyone who thinks so strongly (and that everyone else is wrong) won't go bad when put in charge and also given mass amounts of money and power. Power, in all forms, will always claw its way to the top. And I believe once it gets there, it will always become corrupted. It's been that way from the beginning -- Satan thought he could do better than God, and look where it got him.

2. The second group are good-hearted people who just want to live independently without much government interference to do their own thing. They mostly just want to be left alone to live their own lives.

And these people, sweet at they are, would not be able to take charge either, because they wouldn't want to have to care what everyone else was doing. All they care about is their own business -- many don't even want to know what other people are doing.

So who does that leave us with to put into power instead of what we have now? I could be completely wrong, but I think we'd just be replacing one group of fanatics with another, and that's why I don't spend time in conspiracy group circles.

I want to spend my time on things that hopefully produce something.

Spending time in productive Christian circles -- though they're hard to find -- gives me hope and equips me to help others.

Spending time in the finance community -- which has plenty of crazies as well -- at least gives me a few tools to try to prepare for emergencies.

Here in the USA, we have savings plans like 401K's, IRA's, and Roth IRA's, which I think are great, but they're all dictated by corporations and/or the government. And these entities can and do change things all the time. "Sorry, now you can't touch your IRA until you're 95..." as they keep upping the age -- and penalties -- of when people can access their own money.

The finance space, though you have to weed through a lot of muck, has taught me a lot about building my own independent emergency fund (call it "prepping" if you will.) Yes, there are still regulations. Yes, I have to pay more in taxes. Yes, the government could technically lock it down or take it away at any time.

But at least it's something, and it has a lot more flexibility than other options. And I try to spend my time with people who are doing what I can see is actively building a productive, independent life that helps -- not scares or preaches to -- others.

This is my own way of fighting back against "everyone out to get us." I learn what I can, do what I can, and try to live independently in the areas I have understanding in. I could care less about politics, but several years ago, God told me to start learning and vote when I could as another way of "fighting the system."

And if that's not good enough, well I have God -- and if He can't save us or at least send us on to heaven -- all the prepping in the world isn't going to help.

But again, this is just me, and I completely understand that others feel differently.
Your description reminded me of the "Diving-for-Food" (or "Diving Rats") experiment, conducted in 1989 by French behavioral scientist Didier Desor at the University of Nancy. You described two types, but I believe the experiment differentiated between slaves and slavers (yielding 3 types, if the scapegoat is excluded). The AI summary is below.

"Desor placed six laboratory rats in a cage connected to an aquarium. To get food, the rats had to swim and dive through a water-filled tunnel to reach a feeder on the other side. However, there was a catch: they could not eat the food at the feeder. They had to carry the food pellet back to the main cage to consume it, exposing themselves to the other rats.

Very quickly, the six rats divided themselves into distinct social roles:

1. The "Slaves" or "Workers" (usually 3 rats): These rats did all the hard work. They swam through the water, grabbed the food, and brought it back, only to have it immediately stolen by the dominant rats. They were only allowed to eat the leftover crumbs after the dominant rats were full.
2. The "Leaders" or "Exploiters" (usually 2 rats): These rats never swam. They waited comfortably in the dry cage, beat up the workers when they returned, and stole their food.
3. The "Independent" (usually 1 rat): This was a strong, self-sufficient rat. It was capable of swimming to get its own food, but it was tough enough to fight off the exploiters and eat its portion in peace.
4. The "Scapegoat" (often 1 of the workers): In many accounts of the study, the lowest-ranking worker was constantly bullied by both the exploiters and the other workers. It was too terrified to swim and survived purely on the absolute smallest crumbs."
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
Forgive my little tangent, but this is just me, and I'm definitely not trying to speak for anyone else.

I tend to meet 2 types of people who want to talk about conspiracies:

1. The ones who have VERY strong personalities, and if you don't believe the things they do, boy are you stupid and someday (any day now, really) you're going to find out! You can't talk with them, you can't reason with them, and you better not have your own thoughts or opinions because they are going to shoot down everything you say.

But if something could effectively be done about "Big Brother" and everyone out to get us, THESE are the people who would try to take power. And you can't tell me they would be any different -- and I think might even be worse -- than what we have now. It would be Orson Welles' Animal Farm all over again, with a group of pigs replacing the humans and the common people not being able to tell the difference, because they have the same attitudes, even though the principles might look different -- but only on the surface.

You can't tell me that having people with these types of personalities wouldn't result in developing THEIR OWN lists and camps of ANYONE they started to suspect as "threatening our way of life." But what they'd really mean is, "threatening MY way of life," because they're convinced they know best for everyone. And we've seen plenty of crazies just here on this forum -- you couldn't tell me people like this wouldn't stoop to the same tactics as the people they complain about.

I'm not convinced that anyone who thinks so strongly (and that everyone else is wrong) won't go bad when put in charge and also given mass amounts of money and power. Power, in all forms, will always claw its way to the top. And I believe once it gets there, it will always become corrupted. It's been that way from the beginning -- Satan thought he could do better than God, and look where it got him.

2. The second group are good-hearted people who just want to live independently without much government interference to do their own thing. They mostly just want to be left alone to live their own lives.

And these people, sweet at they are, would not be able to take charge either, because they wouldn't want to have to care what everyone else was doing. All they care about is their own business -- many don't even want to know what other people are doing.

So who does that leave us with to put into power instead of what we have now? I could be completely wrong, but I think we'd just be replacing one group of fanatics with another, and that's why I don't spend time in conspiracy group circles.

I want to spend my time on things that hopefully produce something.

Spending time in productive Christian circles -- though they're hard to find -- gives me hope and equips me to help others.

Spending time in the finance community -- which has plenty of crazies as well -- at least gives me a few tools to try to prepare for emergencies.

Here in the USA, we have savings plans like 401K's, IRA's, and Roth IRA's, which I think are great, but they're all dictated by corporations and/or the government. And these entities can and do change things all the time. "Sorry, now you can't touch your IRA until you're 95..." as they keep upping the age -- and penalties -- of when people can access their own money.

The finance space, though you have to weed through a lot of muck, has taught me a lot about building my own independent emergency fund (call it "prepping" if you will.) Yes, there are still regulations. Yes, I have to pay more in taxes. Yes, the government could technically lock it down or take it away at any time.

But at least it's something, and it has a lot more flexibility than other options. And I try to spend my time with people who are doing what I can see is actively building a productive, independent life that helps -- not scares or preaches to -- others.

This is my own way of fighting back against "everyone out to get us." I learn what I can, do what I can, and try to live independently in the areas I have understanding in. I could care less about politics, but several years ago, God told me to start learning and vote when I could as another way of "fighting the system."

And if that's not good enough, well I have God -- and if He can't save us or at least send us on to heaven -- all the prepping in the world isn't going to help.

But again, this is just me, and I completely understand that others feel differently.
Haven't read all this yet, multitasking, however, not sure if i've misunderstood, are you thinking i'm hoping for humans to find a solution soulsis? Just want to make sure, as i have stated several times here, i've had a good understanding of what's going down now for decades but knew we couldn't do anything about it.

Politicians like Winston Churchill and Benjamin Disraeli both made strong statements that they were in office but not in power. Can't remember who Woodrow Wilson made this reference about the "hidden hand" to but it's quite a shocker:

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid oF something.
They know that there is a power somewhere so organised, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Lovely, articulate comment from you yet again Seoul but as it's just text, i'm a bit uncertain about how some of your comment relates to mine without a bit more info.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
Er... I mean...

There IS going to be a vote over this, right?? Right??!

What kind of look are we going for, exactly.

Are we going to go for a Dictatorship Disguised as Democracy kind of vibe (might be a few less riots,) or are we just going for a plain, good old-fashioned hostile takeover...


View attachment 291988


(And NO, I'm not trying to make a statement about the president or anything in particular in the USA. I've gotten to the point where I feel it doesn't matter who we put into power, we're just being given a show to make it look like we have a choice.)

But, that's just me.
That comment has answered the one i've just posted Seoul, human politicians are elected to office but i don't think power at all. That lies in the hands of Satan and his buddies.
Not saying politicians are evil, think it more they're compromised when really young, so saying no later ain't an option. Hope that makes sense.
 
Er... I mean...

There IS going to be a vote over this, right?? Right??!

What kind of look are we going for, exactly.

Are we going to go for a Dictatorship Disguised as Democracy kind of vibe (might be a few less riots,) or are we just going for a plain, good old-fashioned hostile takeover...


View attachment 291988


(And NO, I'm not trying to make a statement about the president or anything in particular in the USA. I've gotten to the point where I feel it doesn't matter who we put into power, we're just being given a show to make it look like we have a choice.)

But, that's just me.
details. details. ugh. I'm just going to wing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Haven't read all this yet, multitasking, however, not sure if i've misunderstood, are you thinking i'm hoping for humans to find a solution soulsis? Just want to make sure, as i have stated several times here, i've had a good understanding of what's going down now for decades but knew we couldn't do anything about it.

Politicians like Winston Churchill and Benjamin Disraeli both made strong statements that they were in office but not in power. Can't remember who Woodrow Wilson made this reference about the "hidden hand" to but it's quite a shocker:

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid oF something.
They know that there is a power somewhere so organised, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Lovely, articulate comment from you yet again Seoul but as it's just text, i'm a bit uncertain about how some of your comment relates to mine without a bit more info.

I'm sorry, LLL.

My main reason for saying anything, which I did NOT express well at all, is that it hurts my heart to see my Christian brothers and sisters feeling so much pain and anxiety over so many things we cannot change.

But I understand, and for the ones bringing real change, I give them nothing but respect.

It's just that I really haven't met any who are making what seems to be real changes "against the system", but I could very well be wrong.

I probably should have just stayed quiet, and I am sorry.
 
details. details. ugh. I'm just going to wing it.

Ah, you're going to fit right in!

I'm pretty sure that's the philosophy of anyone running for office these days -- no matter whether they follow the left or right wing! 😁
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mem
I'm sorry, LLL.

My main reason for saying anything, which I did NOT express well at all, is that it hurts my heart to see my Christian brothers and sisters feeling so much pain and anxiety over so many things we cannot change.

But I understand, and for the ones bringing real change, I give them nothing but respect.

It's just that I really haven't met any who are making what seems to be real changes "against the system", but I could very well be wrong.

I probably should have just stayed quiet, and I am sorry.
That's what the Serenity Prayer is for