I dont think Jesus would be welcome.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AmosMoses

May 27, 2019
Lately Ive come to the conclusion as to why Jesus spent time with 'lost' people rather than with the religious crowd. The lost crowd treated Him better than the religious crowd. The religious crowd was highly judgmental and spent their time having worthless debates. The 'lost' crowd showed more compassion than the religious crowd. I dont think Jesus would be welcome in a lot of 'Christian' circles, including chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I agree with your estimation. Glad to have you onboard with us and looking forward to your posts. Welcome to CC.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Lately Ive come to the conclusion as to why Jesus spent time with 'lost' people rather than with the religious crowd. The lost crowd treated Him better than the religious crowd. The religious crowd was highly judgmental and spent their time having worthless debates. The 'lost' crowd showed more compassion than the religious crowd. I dont think Jesus would be welcome in a lot of 'Christian' circles, including chat.
Jesus spent time with the lost because His mission was to save people who are willing to be saved... He is not like us people who get upset with being rejected and seek to suround ourselves with yes men..

G

Godsgirl83

Hello. Welcome to CC. It's nice to meet you. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

"Religion" is based on sets of rules not RELATIONSHIP. Jesus wants a personal relationship with those who follow Him.

S

Stranger36147

Welcome to CC. Enjoy your stay. :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Welcome aboard Amosmoses, glad you are here. We all need Jesus and the more I see a lack of Him in any circle, it points to needing Him more. I pray we can all bless Him by keeping Him in front of us at all times, in all that we say, think, and do, regardless the return from others. He will forever be our greatest blessing.

AmosMoses

May 27, 2019
Jesus spent time with the lost because His mission was to save people who are willing to be saved... He is not like us people who get upset with being rejected and seek to suround ourselves with yes men..
Not sure where your coming from on this yes men remark. I think you've missed the point entirely. My post is an observation from life in general. Personally I've spent a life time in churches and I have seen this sort of thing repeated again and again. If you are offended by my post perhaps there is a need for some introspection. Oh and by the way, thanks for proving my point with the tone of your comment.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Not sure where your coming from on this yes men remark. I think you've missed the point entirely. My post is an observation from life in general. Personally I've spent a life time in churches and I have seen this sort of thing repeated again and again. If you are offended by my post perhaps there is a need for some introspection. Oh and by the way, thanks for proving my point with the tone of your comment.
Uh... Adstar was agreeing with you.

But this does help us build a general character profile of you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with his tone. He made a simple statement. If you detect attitude I have to believe it's your misperception.
Also you claimed Jesus spent so much time around sinners because they weren't as mean as Christian's. I believe adstars point was that Jesus wasn't running to the lost to escape those mean ole church people, but rather his goal was to reach out to the lost. Which seems more biblically accurate.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
We get it. You don't like christian religion. Maybe you got burned by a church, or maybe a christian insulted you, or maybe you just couldn't find a church that will tell you you're okay to live however you want to live and still make it to Heaven... whatever. You don't like christian religion.

So now you're actively looking for confirmation bias so you can support your dislike. And if anybody doesn't agree with you, well you can brush them off as "just more of those stupid argumentative christians."

So... how's that working out for you?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I was responding to the point you made in your post as to why Jesus spent more time with the Lost..

"""The lost crowd treated Him better than the religious crowd"""

Jesus did not spend time with people because they treated him better.. He spent time with people to give them a message that if accepted would see them saved.. Jesus did not run away from those who treated him mean.. Jesus spent a lot of time responding to the religious and the not so religious..

Also this is a text based communication.. There is no tone to my texts.. It is a case of you projecting negative emotions upon me.. You seem to be the type who sees anyone disagreeing with you as attacking you.. Or maybe thats the way you want to see it. Maybe as a way of trying to raise yourself above other people and look down upon them in moralizing contempt?

I was not offended by your original post at all.. But i am offended by your response above,, Why because it is a false allegation against me aimed at both denigrating a Christian and placing yourself in judgement over another Christian,, as if you are in some way a superior being.. So yeah i am indeed offended by your judging post..

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Jesus loves everybody and desires to spend time with everybody.

Welcome to cc, OP. We are from different parts of the world and different backgrounds. Sometimes tone gets lost in the writing since it’s all text. Hopefully, we can all be patient with one another and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Back to the OP's original topic...

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Easily offended-are you?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well he did say I come for the lost sheep of israel.
No he wasnt welcome by a lot of religious people they thought he was a threat and tried to kill him.

A lot of religious people seem to debate about God a lot. Its because many of them dont really know Jesus so they feel they have to debate and question who God is. Thats what I found.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"It is a case of you projecting negative emotions upon me."
We can't do this, it is judgmental, Melita spoke well, this is a medium where we cannot perceive to 80% of communication that is non verbal, we need to give each other the benefit of the doubt.
Jesus went where He was guided to go and did what He was guided to so, said what He was guided to say, just as we are to do, the religious pharisees of that day were more like the outward form Christians and mere church goers of this day, going through the motions of rituals and doctrines and not knowing the person of the indwelling Christ.
Amosmoses, is that like what you see?
Thank you for being here, please don't give up on CC, Jesus doesn't give up on any of us.
bless you