I found my way back to God (short post)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

spcwright

Dec 9, 2018
For a while I thought I was an atheist (long story), deep down I knew I was wrong. i'm finding my way back to God. I'm posting here because I need to connect with other Christians to help guide me on my journey back.

God Bless,

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Welcome to CC spcwright :)

I hope i can help you with any questions you have on Christianity..

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
I've found that faith involves prayer and patience. It's a two way relationship, and for my part listening is more important than specific theological points.

God bless!

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
For a while I thought I was an atheist (long story), deep down I knew I was wrong. i'm finding my way back to God. I'm posting here because I need to connect with other Christians to help guide me on my journey back.

God Bless,
Forums are NO place to become informed. More likely MISinformed.
Read the bible, if the Holy Spirit edifies you, you will find all truth and find no better teacher.
AND, not everyone in forums are Christians, though they claim the name. Don't believer me either. Study for yourself.
You are not equipped to discern truth from false teaching so you are a babe among wolves.

Find the narrow gate.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
i am happy you found your way back to christianity .Welcome and Happy New Year <3

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

God Bless,
Welcome SPC... there is still a place at the table waiting for you. :)

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018

God Bless,
this brings joy to me we all g thru struggles if we are saved grace covers our wrongs like the prodigal son I'm glad you made it back to your father :)

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
this brings joy to me we all g thru struggles if we are saved grace covers our wrongs like the prodigal son I'm glad you made it back to your father :)
:)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Wow, such good news. I am so thrilled for you. Welcome back to the flock. I pray we always point to Him and His Words of Truth. Ultimately, He is the One taking us all home. I find Christian fellowship such an edifying blessing online and off...:D. Nothing is the blessing He is, though.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Welcome to the family of God, and CC!

My strongest suggestion would be to get a modern version of the Bible like NIV or NLT (more of a paraphrase, but surprisingly accurate!) Try to read it every day!

Start with the gospel of John, then the other three gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Read the rest of the New Testament. The OT is a bit harder, but the narratives, or stories are very spell binding. You might skip a few books, like 1 & 2 Chronicles, but make sure you come back to them later. In the Hebrew Bible, those are the last 2 books.

I really good resource is "How to Read the Bible for all it's worth." By Gordon Fee. His is a Greek scholar, but he breaks down the Bible quite simply.

Why the Bible? Because it is God's Word to us. It tells us about Jesus, and also instructions on how to live, plus some parts that show how life can be hard, but Jesus is always there. I hope you will make many new friends here, and we can help you in your walk with God.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
1. John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

2. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which isthe Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

You didn't decide....you were drawn, and then responded.

It's best to study or just read to begin to know the truth against what you thought was true.