"I Have a Huge Collection of... And I Can Justify It Because..."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Siberian_Khatru

I downsized in a huge way a few years ago when moving into a tiny house, and I loved it so much that I've kept up as minimal a lifestyle as I can.
Are you referring to one of these:

I love those!

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
i have a ridiculous amount of pony merch.and this doesn't even include the books, phone cases, purses, wallets, stickers, ect image6.jpg image5.jpg image4.jpg image3.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

Sep 6, 2013
Are you referring to one of these:

I love those!
Ha - not QUITE that small, but close! I love tiny houses too, though. Watched a great documentary not long ago on those. I'd want to explore living in one if I didn't have kids AND if it had room for a washer and dryer. ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Holy little pony, Taggerung!!!

I'm thinking... You win!!!

I'm also thinking, Shouryu would be jealous.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
I collect Vinyl Records and Books. I have lots and lots of them. Probably 250 books and 100 vinyl records (so far)
But I never keep a book if I dont think i'm gonna read it twice, and mostly the books are like, bible stuff, poetry, philosophy, and stuff like that, i have very few novels actually.. And I'm only keeping vinyl records of bands I really like. (I guess this is the excuses why I collect) lol

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Ha - not QUITE that small, but close! I love tiny houses too, though. Watched a great documentary not long ago on those. I'd want to explore living in one if I didn't have kids AND if it had room for a washer and dryer. ;)
I guess you don't carry much baggage. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would live in a tiny house... but my keyboard wouldn't fit in one. Or if it did it would take up a whole wall.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
By the way, all that horse stuff taggerung has reminds me of those Star Trek fans who take the show so seriously that they made up a whole klingon language - complete with published dictionary.

But then... Star Trek has been around for decades. Most shows don't last more than a few seasons. What will you do when that show is history?

Aug 2, 2009
I don't have a huge collection of anything...

I have a small collection of rc helicopters, a small collection of highly-detailed rc cars (ferrari, porsche, bmw), and a small collection of museum-like-quality miniature airliners..

1747__320x240_Boeing-B767-200-Delta-01.jpg

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I don't have a huge collection of anything...

I have a small collection of rc helicopters, a small collection of highly-detailed rc cars (ferrari, porsche, bmw), and a small collection of museum-like-quality miniature airliners..

View attachment 94284
Hi my friend glad to see you pop in today. Missed you. Nice little collection.

Aug 2, 2009
Hi my friend glad to see you pop in today. Missed you. Nice little collection.
Thank you, Darlene. :) They're really just pricey toys that I've collected over the years. :) I left out my priceiest collection... my drumset.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Thank you, Darlene. :) They're really just pricey toys that I've collected over the years. :) I left out my priceiest collection... my drumset.
Now if you could get the life size version of some of this stuff I might really be impressed and then I might be asking for a ride.....in any of that fancy stuff. Me I drive a Nissan Rogue.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I have a gigantic collection of VST plugins (for non geeks, these are various electronic "instruments" and synthesizers that I can use in the program in which I make music). I can justify it because I make non-profit Christian music and it is very varied in style, I like to experiment with music. You never know what will come in handy, so I can have hundreds and hundreds of synthesizers, and soundfonts, and sound libraries, and replicas or old hardware, and samples of various real instruments, and various plugins for the mixer. And yeah I can also justify it because they are all free or demo :p

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yay for free VST and VSTi! I don't have hundreds of instruments but what I have is free and tested to be good. (Though I did actually pay for a good trumpet, acoustic guitar and electric guitar.) I also have some good effects and midi VST.

Got any tracks you want to give a fellow music nut a link to? I'm sincerely interested in hearing them.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I still have a huge collection of Pokémon cards. I'm definitely gonna save those suckers to sell em one day.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
By the way, all that horse stuff taggerung has reminds me of those Star Trek fans who take the show so seriously that they made up a whole klingon language - complete with published dictionary.
I was listening to the radio several years ago and they were talking about a hospital that had to cut funding, partially by cutting down the number of languages they would hire translators for in their facility.

Devastatingly, one of the languages they cut off their list... was Klingon. As in, Klingon actually WAS on their current list of languages that they provided translation services for!!!

I could just picture the total chaos in the ER a few months after the cut: "OH CRUD!!! We've got ANOTHER one who speaks Klingon... AGAIN!!!!"

No word on whether Vulcan was provided in their list of services... (and if it wasn't and Klingon had been upheld, would the Vulcans of the right to sue for equal opportunity??!!)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Yay for free VST and VSTi! I don't have hundreds of instruments but what I have is free and tested to be good. (Though I did actually pay for a good trumpet, acoustic guitar and electric guitar.) I also have some good effects and midi VST.

Got any tracks you want to give a fellow music nut a link to? I'm sincerely interested in hearing them.
I'm not able to spend on it as of present, but man, are there things that I want to buy. I would pay for good string instruments, especially bowed ones, and oh man, choirs, I would like one general purpose mixed choir, one female choir sounding like "Ghost in the shell" or "Bulgarian voices" and one male choir sounding like Georgian poliphonic singing... if there are suches of good quality in electronic form??? Okay stop fantasizing now... I linked as if anybody cares, lol... but these sounds thrill me. :)
Another reason I use free ones is that I make non-profit music so I dont want to get entangled into eventual legalities as some people want to sell the cake and eat it too. I believe as I grow as a musician that God will provide. Although even now I have a lot of great stuff and I am SO thankful for what God has provided me with.
You can find the thread on my music here:
http://christianchat.com/christian-music-forum/102852-bless-rain-project-praise-worship-music.html
The OP also links to my YT where you can find all the songs.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2014
I root for the Pittsburgh Penguins and as a joke someone gave me a penguin as a gift. Then someone else gave me a penguin, then another, then another . . . :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Utah: You could also pass as a Linux nerd, with all those penguins...

SoulWeaver: Pretty good stuff. What's your preferred DAW?

In local news I have a large collection of freeware programs. The default web browser, music player, video player, etc. that come with Windows... well, frankly they stink. I find programs that do the job better and do it for free. CD burner, web browser, drive emulator, you name it, there's freeware for it. Do they still sell programs at Wal-Mart and Best Buy? I wouldn't know.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
What's your preferred DAW?
I'm working in Fruity Loops simply because I cant handle non user friendly programs. I also tried LMMS which is not yet there, a bit hard to use because they lack functions to simplify things so 5mins in FL would be an hour in LMMS. :) You?