I just wish people of all religions can get along on here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

Seriously, I opened this thread because I too am tired of it. I have only been on this message board a few weeks and I leave depressed. It is no wonder people don't want to be Christians. This message board would turn me off really quick. Friendly discussions quickly become "I'm right and your wrong", no longer being about scripture but our own egos. Self. And very little more.

I come for fellowship and to speak with the ones who are truly seeking God and His will in our lives. I try and pray for the rest.

it makes me sad. Where has Jesus and His death on the cross gone on all this? where is the gospel message?

Z

zackabba

Now, I'm hoping that anyone who read my last comment realized I was being sarcastic.

I wasn't doing it to be bitter or anything. I was just throwing out what people actually have said to me, which is, sadly, the reason why some may have not seen my sarcasm. That was my point.

In reality, yes, this should be a place for the Gospel. The problem is, in many people's hearts there is no place for the Gospel.

None of us want to be told we're wrong. Do you think I was truly happy when I found out that God was sovereign over all? Now, of course, it fills me with joy and fear for Him, but a year ago it didn't.

Nor did the truth that Christ indeed did die on the cross exactly make me happy-go-lucky when I first heard it either. In fact, when I first realized it I felt like I wanted to be away from the world. Not because I was scared, but because I was so ashamed of the Gospel, so filled with anger at what Christ did for an unworthy maggot like me, with all I have done.

But now I am not ashamed of the Gospel and what it entails. God disciplines His children, and He has disciplined me.

And I hope He is disciplining every person who is reading this. Because He, the Way, and the Truth, and the Life, is the only living water, the only true source of Joy.

My sadness, however, comes from the fact that people will be happy to hold up signs saying "God is Love",
but not any that say "God is mercy," or "God is Justice," or "God is Truth," or "God is Holy."

If you are ashamed of the Gospel, if you are ashamed that Christ is the only mediator between God and man, if you are ashamed that we are not "gods," if you are ashamed that Christ is Lord, that He has the nature of deity, if you are ashamed of God's Justice and Mercy and Kindness that is supposed to lead you to repentance, if you are ashamed of the cross...

...then, my friend, pray to the only Lord and Master over all, that He will save your soul from the eternal torment of Hell, and bring you into the light of Life.

Only Jesus is Lord. There is one Lord, and that is Jesus Christ. He is the only human to be given the divine title of Lord over all. He came not to judge, but to save His flock. To Him be the power and the glory to the glory of God the Father.

Amen.

Grace and Love

Z

zackabba

Seriously, I opened this thread because I too am tired of it. I have only been on this message board a few weeks and I leave depressed. It is no wonder people don't want to be Christians. This message board would turn me off really quick. Friendly discussions quickly become "I'm right and your wrong", no longer being about scripture but our own egos. Self. And very little more.
People don't want to be Christians because they are ashamed of the cross.

If someone is turned away from being a Christian because of this message board, no matter how venomous it can indeed sometimes become, then I highly doubt they were ever going to become a Christian at all, ever.

I've heard far, far worse than what's been presented on these message boards.

In a way, I believe it's actually better to be a proud Christian (who later confesses their sin of pride later after they've realized the message they've posted, like I have) than a lukewarm "Christian" who is too afraid to even say the Gospel in public (or even acknowledge it in their life for that matter).

Remember, Paul even said that, though some preached Christ out of envy and bitterness at times (as I have myself), he was joyful just that the Gospel was being preached.

If you're turned away from these forums, then it's probably for the better. We could be spending more time in the Word and in the word anyways. But please don't suggest that this message board is why "people don't want to be Christians." You yourself know that's not truly the reason why people are "turned off" by the cross.

Grace and Love

T

Tearose84

I know all too well why people are turned off from Christianity. I have seen it all through the years. Christians become a barrier to Gods work. why people don't want to be christians doesn't always have to do with the cross. People just don't want to be around fighting Christians. I don't either.

Z

zackabba

I know all too well why people are turned off from Christianity. I have seen it all through the years. Christians become a barrier to Gods work. why people don't want to be christians doesn't always have to do with the cross. People just don't want to be around fighting Christians. I don't either.
People don't want to be Christians because it's not "cool" to be a Christian anymore.

But it is cool to be a "follower of Christ." (???) See the dilemma?

People are turned off from Christianity because they see its implications. They see it entails a life truly dedicated to Christ. Not to any sort of cause, but to Christ. Many who turn away never had the Spirit in them in the first place, so it's no wonder they turned away.

Tearose; I would say that the cross is exactly why people are turned off from Christianity, from Christ.

Was not Christ called a stumbling block, and even then not to Jews only? He is certainly a stumbling block for both Jews and Gentiles, and yet He is also a redeemer for Jews and Gentiles.

No; the cross is most definitely the reason why the world will not follow Christ.

If that isn't the reason, then what a pithy, weak, terrible God we have indeed.

But you and I understand that the only Sovereign, the only Master and Lord is not pithy, weak, or terrible.
For He is everlasting, just, and holy.

Grace and Love

B

Brigitte

Tolorate no falsehood, except the falsehood our pastors tell us are true????? right?
Not all pastors tell falsehood. We have the Word of God, also the Holy Spirit, to know and discern the truth spoken against the lies.

B

Brigitte

............. Why can't we just accept all religions? .................

Because all religions do not offer salvation. The only way we are saved from Hell is through Jesus. There is no other way.

A

AnandaHya

Not all pastors tell falsehood. We have the Word of God, also the Holy Spirit, to know and discern the truth spoken against the lies.
amen sister! Praise God for His Holy Spirit :)

B

Brigitte

One of the reason why so many people are turned off from Christianity is because of the way the many false Christians - many call themselves Christians but are not Christians - are behaving.

B

Brigitte

I agree. Not many discussions in here and in many other Christian forums reflect the love of Christ. This is sad.

Z

zackabba

Because all religions do not offer salvation. The only way we are saved from Hell is through Jesus. There is no other way.
XD Brigitte, did you happen to skip over my last few comments by chance?

Grace and Love

Z

zackabba

One of the reason why so many people are turned off from Christianity is because of the way the many false Christians - many call themselves Christians but are not Christians - are behaving.
I don't want to get into debate about this, but I believe that one who is a true Christian, meant to be conformed to the image of Christ the Lord before the foundation of the world, will not go the wrong path just because of false Christians/teachers.

People are turned off from Christ because they are still in their sins. They are ashamed of the cross, and are in rebellion against God.

(I have experienced this all firsthand, so I do know what I'm talking about)

Grace and Love