I want to understand the Catholic faith so....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012

Fine. Show me in scripture when Mary got saved,
Well, I am not worried about Mary's salvation. Her part is done. Our stories are on :)
I'm sure God could manage Mary's life, and that she is saved. He hasn't revealed much about her to us. I bless her name!

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012

since salvation dates are so important to many of you.
Yes, the date when we made that vow to Jesus in front of a number of witnesses is important, just as that date when we made a vow to our spouses in front of many witnesses is important.
Just throwing in a little side note: We can't make that (marriage) decision as infants, and our parents cannot make that decision for us. The same goes for our confession of faith in Christ.

Jul 4, 2015
Exodus 20:4
[SUP]4 [/SUP] "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

The first thing a person see's at a Catholic Church is a statue of Mary. Clearly its a sin to have an image of Mary and definitely a sin to have one in front of a church.

Its appalling that the Catholics hate the Word of God to follow what Catholicism teaches. Pope John Paul II had no problem with bowing down and Worshiping a statue of Mary and Pope John Paul II had no problem with accepting Mary as his god.

We are not to have any statues or pictures or anything that we put before God. Its God and ONLY God we are to Worship and serve.

Matthew 4:10
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012

Of course Mary needed a savior, we don't pretend she is Full of Grace on her own merits. The angel said, "...the Lord IS with you..." he didn't say, "the Lord will be with you" so when was the Lord with her??? You won't find either in scripture, you have to use the brains that God gave you, and He expects you to use them.
As every catholic apologetic would happily agree, "Not everything is written in the Bible!"
They say this to give authority to their extra biblical dogmas and writings. They thus find basis for adding to the Word of God.
I say this to make a point: that everything required for salvation is mentioned therein, and faith in Mary is not mentioned. I can do without what is not mentioned. Also, I will not be held accountable for what is not mentioned. So i better pay attention to what is mentioned [John 12:48]

You say Mary needed a savior! To save her from what?
I need a savior, to save me from sin. If I was sinless, I wouldn't need a savior.

About using our brains, (this is another phrase catholic apologetics love) let us use our brains to examine scripture and divide it rightly, rather than using the Bible to support our man-made dogmas.

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012

Yes, Mary is the perfect model of faith, she did the will of God. God incarnate entered her womb because of it. Jesus is using her, and anybody else who does the will of God, is his mother, brother and sister. It's part of Catholic Mariology that you can't seem to grasp. Now the only thing left for you to do is argue that Mary did not do the will of God.

You don't see Mary doing the will of God and Jesus using her as an example for all of us?? Or is Jesus denigrating his mother in public thus violating the 4th commandment? Pick one.

THE VERSES I QUOTED:
[SUP]20[/SUP]Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.[SUP]21[/SUP]When his family 2 heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."[Mark 3:20][SUP]
31[/SUP]Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him.[SUP]32[/SUP]A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."[SUP]33[/SUP]"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.[SUP]34[/SUP]Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers![SUP]35[/SUP]Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."[Mark 3:31-35]

[SUP]27[/SUP]As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."[SUP]28[/SUP]He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."[Luke 11:27]

I do not see Jesus using Mary as an example of doing the will of God in the above verses. You are misinterpreting these verses.

Now, no one on this thread is saying that Mary did not do the will of God. Also, no one is saying that Jesus is breaking the 4th commandment. How could anyone even imply this? So please do not focus on what we are not saying.

What I am saying is that Jesus gave importance to doing the will of God!
If Jesus had used Mary as an example in the above verses (as you are incorrectly claiming), catholics would have used all these 3 verses to exalt Mary. However, Jesus in his wisdom and foreknowledge did not allow anyone to exalt his mother (whom he loved dearly). He knew history (where mother-son worship was rampant) and he knew the future (that people would worship/venerate his mother). Sadly, catholics are doing exactly what Jesus is refraining from doing: exalting Mary!

And if we are in need of "models of faith," as you have mentioned above, there are plenty in Hebrews chapter 11. In Hebrews chapter 11, even Rahab the prostitute is commended for her faith. Mary is not even mentioned therein, leave alone being exalted! So let's remain silent where the scripture is silent. Peace!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2014
The Catholics have no problem with accepting every thing and every Doctrine that is from Satan. Catholicism teaches there are sources of Truths outside of God. How can God then be God if Satan knows things God does not know?

There is no other source for the Truth outside of God! Its God and ONLY God who has all the Truth. Its NOT God and the Catholics who has all the Truths!

Between teaching the Doctrines about Mary and declaring that God does not have all the Truth, the Catholics have walked away from God and His Truth to follow their desires of the flesh!

No Catholic will ever be allowed to enter into Heaven.

Jul 4, 2015
Its so sad that the Catholics actually do Worship Mary and cannot even see that they are Worshiping Mary.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
as they play in the ignorasium

image.jpg

epostle

Oct 24, 2015

THE VERSES I QUOTED:
[SUP]20[/SUP]Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.[SUP]21[/SUP]When his family 2 heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."[Mark 3:20][SUP]
31[/SUP]Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him.[SUP]32[/SUP]A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."[SUP]33[/SUP]"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.[SUP]34[/SUP]Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers![SUP]35[/SUP]Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."[Mark 3:31-35]

[SUP]27[/SUP]As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."[SUP]28[/SUP]He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."[Luke 11:27]

I do not see Jesus using Mary as an example of doing the will of God in the above verses. You are misinterpreting these verses.

The bible too close to your face. Mary did the will of God when she said, "Be it done unto to me according to your will". She said yes. Eve said no.

Now, no one on this thread is saying that Mary did not do the will of God. Also, no one is saying that Jesus is breaking the 4th commandment. How could anyone even imply this? So please do not focus on what we are not saying.
You can't have it both ways. Either Jesus is using Mary as a perfect model of faith, or he is denigrating her. Pick one.
What I am saying is that Jesus gave importance to doing the will of God!
BINGO! Give the man a cigar!!!
If Jesus had used Mary as an example in the above verses (as you are incorrectly claiming), catholics would have used all these 3 verses to exalt Mary. However, Jesus in his wisdom and foreknowledge did not allow anyone to exalt his mother (whom he loved dearly). He knew history (where mother-son worship was rampant) and he knew the future (that people would worship/venerate his mother). Sadly, catholics are doing exactly what Jesus is refraining from doing: exalting Mary!
So Jesus said "No, not that: blessed instead..." ??? That's how you read it. Jesus said, "Blessed rather..." It is a unity, you make it a distinction.

And if we are in need of "models of faith," as you have mentioned above, there are plenty in Hebrews chapter 11. In Hebrews chapter 11, even Rahab the prostitute is commended for her faith. Mary is not even mentioned therein, leave alone being exalted! So let's remain silent where the scripture is silent. Peace!
Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God...yes I am familiar with that. An appearance by an archangel is common trivia, it happens to everybody.:rolleyes:

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
Sorry, folks. I messed up the above formatting badly.

it should look like this:

So Jesus said "No, not that: blessed instead..." ??? That's how you read it. Jesus said, "Blessed rather..." It is a unity, you make it a distinction.

Mary was not silent when she responded to God's message delivered by an archangel. She did the will of God when she said "YES" to being the mother of the Messiah. That does not diminish Mary's role in God's plan of salvation one jot or tittle, but affirms it. She did the will of God in a rather exemplary manner. Arguing that Mary has equal rank with each individual believer is Christian communism.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Arguing that Mary has equal rank with each individual believer is Christian communism.
Jesus replied, "Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?"

That is what Jesus promoted... that is, He did not
elevate His earthly mother in any way whatsoever.

K

KennethC

Sorry, folks. I messed up the above formatting badly.

it should look like this:

Mary was not silent when she responded to God's message delivered by an archangel. She did the will of God when she said "YES" to being the mother of the Messiah. That does not diminish Mary's role in God's plan of salvation one jot or tittle, but affirms it. She did the will of God in a rather exemplary manner. Arguing that Mary has equal rank with each individual believer is Christian communism.
Jesus did not place her above other believers, so why should we ???

When others came and told Jesus His mother, brothers, and sisters were outside wishing to speak to Him; He responded by saying everyone that believes in Him are His mother, brothers, and sisters !!! Shows He places us all the same in the body.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus did not place her above other believers, so why should we ???

When others came and told Jesus His mother, brothers, and sisters were outside wishing to speak to Him; He responded by saying everyone that believes in Him are His mother, brothers, and sisters !!! Shows He places us all the same in the body.
Catholics do not like Scriptural teaching. They must add to it or take away from it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, the date when we made that vow to Jesus in front of a number of witnesses is important, just as that date when we made a vow to our spouses in front of many witnesses is important.
Just throwing in a little side note: We can't make that (marriage) decision as infants, and our parents cannot make that decision for us. The same goes for our confession of faith in Christ.
My baptism anniversary just passed recently, but I do not know the date of my salvation.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
ground reclaimed and redeemed

Former Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic

Re-Opens as a Pro-Life Pregnancy Center

The Planned Parenthood facility where abortion center manager-turned pro-life advocate Abby Johnson worked is now a functioning pro-life pregnancy center.

Hope Pregnancy Centers of Brazos Valley purchased the Bryan, Texas Planned Parenthood building last year after the abortion center closed. The pro-life organization remodeled the facility and opened in September, according to the Christian News Network.

“What was once a place of death and grief where an estimated 6,400 abortions were performed has been transformed into a place of life,” Tracy Frank, executive director of Hope Pregnancy, said in a statement. “We feel like we have reclaimed and redeemed the ground.”

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
[video=youtube;2Q2PZHKZLl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2PZHKZLl8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It's normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one's heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness.

Project Rachel – HopeAfterAbortion.org

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
Washington D.C., Nov 6, 2015 / 12:20 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Supreme Court will hear legal challenges to the federal contraception mandate, brought by numerous non-profit groups, including the Little Sisters of the Poor..."

"...
The following statement can be attributed to Sr. Loraine Marie Maguire, Mother Provincial of the Little Sisters of the Poor:

As Little Sisters of the Poor, we simply cannot choose between our care for the elderly poor and our faith. And we should not have to make that choice, because it violates our nation’s commitment to ensuring that people from diverse faiths can freely follow God’s calling in their lives. For over 175 years, we have served the neediest in society with love and dignity. All we ask is to be able to continue our religious vocation free from government intrusion.

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_QXl_ZR21lh_Wza_J2f3_X5wy_Go8_Au_Uj5s.jpg

The following statement can be attributed to Mark Rienzi, Senior Counsel of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and lead attorney for the Little Sisters of the Poor:

We’re disappointed with today’s decision. After losing repeatedly at the Supreme Court, the government continues its unrelenting pursuit of the Little Sisters of the Poor. It is a national embarrassment that the world’s most powerful government insists that, instead of providing contraceptives through its own existing exchanges and programs, it must crush the Little Sisters’ faith and force them to participate. Untold millions of people have managed to get contraceptives without involving nuns, and there is no reason the government cannot run its programs without hijacking the Little Sisters and their health plan....
Court rules against Little Sisters of the Poor -

Wow, that big tough Obama is really layin' a beatin' on that mean Whore duh Babble-on, ain't he?

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
WARNING: The video footage included below is shocking and contains violence and censored nudity. Viewer discretion is advised.

pro-abort feminists assaults praying men,
tries to burn Cathedral

[video]https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/violent-mob-of-pro-abort-feminists-tries-to-burn-down-cathedral-attacks-pra[/video]

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Catholics do not like Scriptural teaching. They must add to it or take away from it.
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.[Mt 13:14]

Status
Not open for further replies.